WHAT IS UP with Firefox and insane CPU usage with Flash in web pages? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on WHAT IS UP with Firefox and insane CPU usage with Flash in web pages? - Mozilla ; This excessive Firefox CPU usage when embedded flash movies are in a web page is becoming really annoying. By searching the web I see that I'm not the only one having this problem. However, I found no solutions. When comparing ...

  1. WHAT IS UP with Firefox and insane CPU usage with Flash in web pages?

    This excessive Firefox CPU usage when embedded flash movies are in a web
    page is becoming really annoying. By searching the web I see that I'm not
    the only one having this problem. However, I found no solutions.

    When comparing any page with which I have this problem in Firefox by opening
    the page in IE, Opera and Firefox, Firefox always consumes by far most CPU.

    But what bugs me the most is that when this happens, I CANNOT CHANGE TABS by
    clicking on them. The mouse clicks are simply ignored. To change tabs I have
    to use CTRL+TAB.

    This problem is most apparent when several embedded Flash movies from
    YouTube are in a webpage. If more than one are playing, the tab click
    problem appears.

    Can the Flash plug-in somehow be set to lower priority than the process that
    loads it (firefox)?

    To filter out the possible suggestions that might also annoy the hell out of
    me, here's a couple of statements:

    Yes, my PC is the pinnacle of modern technology. It runs everything *really*
    fast. I'm using Windows XP SP3 which has maintenance done regularly, every
    month. I'm no Joe user either.

    Thanks for any suggestions,
    Vedran

  2. Re: WHAT IS UP with Firefox and insane CPU usage with Flash in webpages?

    On 30.04.2008 06:07, lhaymehr wrote:

    > This excessive Firefox CPU usage when embedded flash movies are in a web
    > page is becoming really annoying. By searching the web I see that I'm not
    > the only one having this problem. However, I found no solutions.
    >
    > When comparing any page with which I have this problem in Firefox by opening
    > the page in IE, Opera and Firefox, Firefox always consumes by far most CPU.
    >
    > But what bugs me the most is that when this happens, I CANNOT CHANGE TABS by
    > clicking on them. The mouse clicks are simply ignored. To change tabs I have
    > to use CTRL+TAB.
    >
    > This problem is most apparent when several embedded Flash movies from
    > YouTube are in a webpage. If more than one are playing, the tab click
    > problem appears.
    >
    > Can the Flash plug-in somehow be set to lower priority than the process that
    > loads it (firefox)?
    >
    > To filter out the possible suggestions that might also annoy the hell out of
    > me, here's a couple of statements:
    >
    > Yes, my PC is the pinnacle of modern technology. It runs everything *really*
    > fast. I'm using Windows XP SP3 which has maintenance done regularly, every
    > month. I'm no Joe user either.
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestions,
    > Vedran

    Firefox version ?? :

    Web page URL ?? :

    Flash version? ?? :

    I don't have this problem with any web page running XP-Pro SP1 with FF
    2.0.0.14 and the latest Flash version.

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org