how can i capture the info displayed by "about:config" to a text file(or something!)? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on how can i capture the info displayed by "about:config" to a text file(or something!)? - Mozilla ; I know I can get my cusomtizations from my own prefs. js , but I have a secuirty compliance need to document the defaults of a firefox installation as well and you cannot print or save the "about :config" page. ...

  1. how can i capture the info displayed by "about:config" to a text file(or something!)?

    I know I can get my cusomtizations from my own prefs.js, but I have a
    secuirty compliance need to document the defaults of a firefox
    installation as well and you cannot print or save the "about:config"
    page. Surely there is a way to do this?

  2. Re: how can i capture the info displayed by "about:config" to a textfile (or something!)?

    sumGirl keyboarded, On 4/29/2008 6:03 PM :
    > I know I can get my cusomtizations from my own prefs.js, but I have a
    > secuirty compliance need to document the defaults of a firefox
    > installation as well and you cannot print or save the "about:config"
    > page. Surely there is a way to do this?

    For the defaults that you see in about:config, they come from files
    housed in the Firefox Program Files folder.

    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js

    This file can be read by Wordpad. It is best to make a copy that you
    can cleanup to meet your documentation requirement.

    --
    Ron K.

  3. Re: how can i capture the info displayed by "about:config" to a textfile (or something!)?

    On Apr 29, 6:03*pm, sumGirl wrote:
    > I know I can get my cusomtizations from my own prefs.js, but I have a
    > secuirty compliance need to document the defaults of a firefox
    > installation as well and you cannot print or save the "about:config"
    > page. Surely there is a way to do this?

    Useless open source, non enterprise class junk.

  4. Re: how can i capture the info displayed by "about:config" to a textfile (or something!)?

    On 5/1/2008 4:19 AM, sumGirl wrote:
    > On Apr 29, 6:03 pm, sumGirl wrote:
    >> I know I can get my cusomtizations from my own prefs.js, but I have a
    >> secuirty compliance need to document the defaults of a firefox
    >> installation as well and you cannot print or save the "about:config"
    >> page. Surely there is a way to do this?

    > Useless open source, non enterprise class junk.

    What brought on this tirade? Did you even read Ron's response?

    --
    Irwin

  5. Re: how can i capture the info displayed by "about:config" to a text file (or something!)?

    On Thu, 01 May 2008 16:54:52 -0700, Irwin Greenwald
    wrote:

    >On 5/1/2008 4:19 AM, sumGirl wrote:
    >> On Apr 29, 6:03 pm, sumGirl wrote:
    >>> I know I can get my cusomtizations from my own prefs.js, but I have a
    >>> secuirty compliance need to document the defaults of a firefox
    >>> installation as well and you cannot print or save the "about:config"
    >>> page. Surely there is a way to do this?

    ALT- PRINT SCR

  6. Re: how can i capture the info displayed by "about:config" to a textfile (or something!)?

    On 5/1/2008 5:29 PM, keepout@yahoo.com.invalid wrote:
    > On Thu, 01 May 2008 16:54:52 -0700, Irwin Greenwald
    > wrote:

    > ALT- PRINT SCR

    That collects only the visible screen.

    --
    Irwin

  7. Re: how can i capture the info displayed by "about:config" to a textfile (or something!)?

    Irwin Greenwald keyboarded, On 5/1/2008 7:54 PM :
    > On 5/1/2008 4:19 AM, sumGirl wrote:
    >> On Apr 29, 6:03 pm, sumGirl wrote:
    >>> I know I can get my cusomtizations from my own prefs.js, but I have a
    >>> secuirty compliance need to document the defaults of a firefox
    >>> installation as well and you cannot print or save the "about:config"
    >>> page. Surely there is a way to do this?

    >> Useless open source, non enterprise class junk.

    > What brought on this tirade? Did you even read Ron's response?

    Silver Spoon syndrome was my instinctive impression.

    --
    Ron K.

  8. Re: how can i capture the info displayed by "about:config" to a textfile (or something!)?

    On 4/29/2008 19:57, Ron K. wrote:
    > sumGirl keyboarded, On 4/29/2008 6:03 PM :
    >> I know I can get my cusomtizations from my own prefs.js, but I have a
    >> secuirty compliance need to document the defaults of a firefox
    >> installation as well and you cannot print or save the "about:config"
    >> page. Surely there is a way to do this?
    >>

    > For the defaults that you see in about:config, they come from files
    > housed in the Firefox Program Files folder.
    >
    > C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js
    >
    > This file can be read by Wordpad. It is best to make a copy that you
    > can cleanup to meet your documentation requirement.

    Ron,
    I don't think it is limited to:
    .........greprefs\all.js
    also from *.js files in:
    ....\Program Files\........\defaults\pref\
    channel-prefs.js
    firefox.js
    firefox-branding.js
    firefox-l10n.js
    reporter.js

    and probably some scattered elsewhere also..

    Just another point of view.

    regards:captjlddavis

  9. Re: how can i capture the info displayed by "about:config" to a text file (or something!)?

    wrote:

    >On 5/1/2008 4:19 AM, sumGirl wrote:
    >> On Apr 29, 6:03 pm, sumGirl wrote:
    >>> I know I can get my cusomtizations from my own prefs.js, but I have a
    >>> secuirty compliance need to document the defaults of a firefox
    >>> installation as well and you cannot print or save the "about:config"
    >>> page. Surely there is a way to do this?

    >> Useless open source, non enterprise class junk.

    >What brought on this tirade? Did you even read Ron's response?

    Might not have been the OP looking at the headers.

  10. Re: how can i capture the info displayed by "about:config" to atext file (or something!)?

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    > On 5/1/2008 5:29 PM, keepout@yahoo.com.invalid wrote:
    > > On Thu, 01 May 2008 16:54:52 -0700, Irwin Greenwald
    > > wrote:

    > > ALT- PRINT SCR

    > That collects only the visible screen.

    The Pearl Crescent Page Saver (Basic) extension will save the entire
    thing as an image. But I don't know if an image is so good for
    documentation purposes, and of course once an extension is installed
    it's no longer quite the default Fx configuration.

  11. Re: how can i capture the info displayed by "about:config" to a textfile (or something!)?

    On 5/1/2008 6:26 PM, Ron K. wrote:
    > Irwin Greenwald keyboarded, On 5/1/2008 7:54 PM :
    >>>
    >>> Useless open source, non enterprise class junk.

    >> What brought on this tirade? Did you even read Ron's response?
    >>

    > Silver Spoon syndrome was my instinctive impression.

    A bit of self importance too: "I have a
    secuirty (sic) compliance need ...". I doubt there is a browser around
    that could be proved secure per government stanadards.

    --
    Irwin