Modal window opening - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Modal window opening - Mozilla ; Hi - In IE, If I want to open a model window that both accepts parameters and returns a value, I can do: var returnValue=window.showModalDialog("abc.html",vObj,"dialogWidth:620px;di alogHeight:600px;scroll:no;status:no") Where vObj is an object containing input paramaters In trying to make this compatible ...

  1. Modal window opening

    Hi -

    In IE, If I want to open a model window that both accepts parameters and
    returns a value, I can do:

    var
    returnValue=window.showModalDialog("abc.html",vObj,"dialogWidth:620px;di
    alogHeight:600px;scroll:no;status:no")

    Where vObj is an object containing input paramaters

    In trying to make this compatible with FF, I tried using an IF statement
    to differentiate between browser types. If something other than IE was
    found, the following was used:

    var
    returnValue=window.openDialog("abc.html",vObj,"Width=620px","Height=600p
    x","scroll=no","status:no","modal");

    However, this gives me:

    Security error" code: "1000

    Any dieas what is wrong here?

    Cheers,

    Ben

    ************************************************** *********************************
    The contents of the e-mail and any transmitted files are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Transport for London hereby exclude any warranty and any liability as to the quality or accuracy of the contents of this email and any attached transmitted files. If you are not the intended recipient be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited., If you have received this email in error please notify postmaster@tfl.gov.uk., Thisemail has been sent from Transport for London, or from one of the companies within its control within the meaning of Part V of the Local Government and Housing Act 1989. Further details about TfL and its subsidiary companiescan be found at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/ourcompany, This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.
    ************************************************** *********************************

  2. Re: Modal window opening

    Barker Ben (ST) wrote:
    > Hi -
    >
    > In IE, If I want to open a model window that both accepts parameters and
    > returns a value, I can do:
    >
    > var
    > returnValue=window.showModalDialog("abc.html",vObj,"dialogWidth:620px;di
    > alogHeight:600px;scroll:no;status:no")
    >
    > Where vObj is an object containing input paramaters
    >
    > In trying to make this compatible with FF, I tried using an IF statement
    > to differentiate between browser types. If something other than IE was
    > found, the following was used:
    >
    > var
    > returnValue=window.openDialog("abc.html",vObj,"Width=620px","Height=600p
    > x","scroll=no","status:no","modal");
    >
    > However, this gives me:
    >
    > Security error" code: "1000
    >
    > Any dieas what is wrong here?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Ben

    You have to do it using the Document Object Model.

+ Reply to Thread