No sound from radio station webpage - Mozilla

This is a discussion on No sound from radio station webpage - Mozilla ; The following web radio station http://www.1067litefm.com/cc-common/...?refreshed=yes used to play OK. For a couple of days now it downloads the stream but there is no sound. Other streams play OK. What could be wrong? emf -- It ain't THAT, babe! - ...

  1. No sound from radio station webpage

    --
    It ain't THAT, babe! - A radical reinterpretation
    http://www.geocities.com/itaintme_babe/itaintme.html

  2. Re: No sound from radio station webpage

    Eustace keyboarded, On 4/28/2008 7:09 PM :
    > The following web radio station
    >
    > http://www.1067litefm.com/cc-common/...?refreshed=yes
    >

    > used to play OK. For a couple of days now it downloads the stream but
    > there is no sound. Other streams play OK. What could be wrong?
    >
    > emf

    Odd. Vista has Windows Media Player 11 and I got prompted at the site
    to get the WMP 11 plugin. What plugin did this work with before?

    --
    Ron K.

  3. Re: No sound from radio station webpage

    Ron K. keyboarded, On 4/28/2008 7:27 PM :
    > Eustace keyboarded, On 4/28/2008 7:09 PM :
    >> The following web radio station
    >>
    >> http://www.1067litefm.com/cc-common/...?refreshed=yes
    >>

    >> used to play OK. For a couple of days now it downloads the stream but
    >> there is no sound. Other streams play OK. What could be wrong?
    >>
    >> emf
    >>

    > Odd. Vista has Windows Media Player 11 and I got prompted at the site
    > to get the WMP 11 plugin. What plugin did this work with before?

    From the site I dug out this FAQ item.

    /Question:/* I'm a Windows user with Firefox and your stream doesnt
    play. Why?*
    /Answer:/

    Follow these steps to resolve a recent Firefox issue with our player:

    1.) In Firefox, open Help>About Mozilla Firefox.
    2.) On the bottom of the dialog window, there is a string of text that
    looks like this "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US;
    rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12".
    3). The "2.0.0.12" is the version of your Firefox browser.
    4). Note the version (minus the .12).
    5). Go to http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/plugin.htm#download

    6). Find the plugin that matches your browser version. If you have a
    version 1.5 or higher Firefox browser, you need the plugin for 1.5.
    7). Click the "Click here" next to the version of your browser.
    8). If an info bar appears at the top of the browser, click edit and
    click allow, and then reclick the "Click here" next to the version of
    your browser.
    9). The plugin install dialog box will appear. Click install.
    10). After the plugin installs, close all open Firefox windows or click
    restart firefox.
    11). Restart firefox.
    12). Click "Start New Session".
    13). Open Tools>Clear Private Data.
    14). Make sure "Cache" is checked.
    15). Click "Clear Private Data Now."
    16). Launch our player again penStreamingPlayer()>. The
    stream and our other on demand content should play as expected.

    Hope this helps you.

    --
    Ron K.

  4. Re: No sound from radio station webpage

    On 2008-04-28 19:27 Ron K. wrote:
    > Eustace keyboarded, On 4/28/2008 7:09 PM :
    >> The following web radio station
    >>
    >> http://www.1067litefm.com/cc-common/...?refreshed=yes
    >>

    >> used to play OK. For a couple of days now it downloads the stream but
    >> there is no sound. Other streams play OK. What could be wrong?
    >>
    >> emf
    >>

    > Odd. Vista has Windows Media Player 11 and I got prompted at the site
    > to get the WMP 11 plugin. What plugin did this work with before?

    I also have, in WinXP, WMP 11. I don't get any prompt over here. It
    starts buffering and then it *appears* to start playing, except that
    there is no sound. But concerning your question, I don't know. How can I
    find out what plugin it is using now? I suppose the plugin hasn't changed...

    emf

    --
    It ain't THAT, babe! - A radical reinterpretation
    http://www.geocities.com/itaintme_babe/itaintme.html

  5. Re: No sound from radio station webpage

    Eustace keyboarded, On 4/28/2008 7:38 PM :
    > On 2008-04-28 19:27 Ron K. wrote:
    >> Eustace keyboarded, On 4/28/2008 7:09 PM :
    >>> The following web radio station
    >>>
    >>> http://www.1067litefm.com/cc-common/...?refreshed=yes
    >>>

    >>> used to play OK. For a couple of days now it downloads the stream
    >>> but there is no sound. Other streams play OK. What could be wrong?
    >>>
    >>> emf
    >>>

    >> Odd. Vista has Windows Media Player 11 and I got prompted at the
    >> site to get the WMP 11 plugin. What plugin did this work with before?

    > I also have, in WinXP, WMP 11. I don't get any prompt over here. It
    > starts buffering and then it *appears* to start playing, except that
    > there is no sound. But concerning your question, I don't know. How can
    > I find out what plugin it is using now? I suppose the plugin hasn't
    > changed...
    >
    > emf

    See my second reply with info from the site for a fix.

    --
    Ron K.

  6. Re: No sound from radio station webpage

    Ron K. keyboarded, On 4/28/2008 7:34 PM :
    > Ron K. keyboarded, On 4/28/2008 7:27 PM :
    >> Eustace keyboarded, On 4/28/2008 7:09 PM :
    >>> The following web radio station
    >>>
    >>> http://www.1067litefm.com/cc-common/...?refreshed=yes
    >>>

    >>> used to play OK. For a couple of days now it downloads the stream
    >>> but there is no sound. Other streams play OK. What could be wrong?
    >>>
    >>> emf
    >>>

    >> Odd. Vista has Windows Media Player 11 and I got prompted at the
    >> site to get the WMP 11 plugin. What plugin did this work with before?
    >>

    > From the site I dug out this FAQ item.
    >
    > /Question:/* I'm a Windows user with Firefox and your stream doesnt
    > play. Why?*
    > /Answer:/
    >
    > Follow these steps to resolve a recent Firefox issue with our player:
    >
    > 1.) In Firefox, open Help>About Mozilla Firefox.
    > 2.) On the bottom of the dialog window, there is a string of text that
    > looks like this "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US;
    > rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12".
    > 3). The "2.0.0.12" is the version of your Firefox browser.
    > 4). Note the version (minus the .12).
    > 5). Go to http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/plugin.htm#download
    >
    > 6). Find the plugin that matches your browser version. If you have a
    > version 1.5 or higher Firefox browser, you need the plugin for 1.5.
    > 7). Click the "Click here" next to the version of your browser.
    > 8). If an info bar appears at the top of the browser, click edit and
    > click allow, and then reclick the "Click here" next to the version of
    > your browser.
    > 9). The plugin install dialog box will appear. Click install.
    > 10). After the plugin installs, close all open Firefox windows or
    > click restart firefox.
    > 11). Restart firefox.
    > 12). Click "Start New Session".
    > 13). Open Tools>Clear Private Data.
    > 14). Make sure "Cache" is checked.
    > 15). Click "Clear Private Data Now."
    > 16). Launch our player again penStreamingPlayer()>. The
    > stream and our other on demand content should play as expected.
    >
    > Hope this helps you.

    Checked out the fix and it is calling for installing an Active-X add-on
    to Firefox. That is not a solution I will ever use due to the high
    degree of risk threat Active-X exposes a system to.

    --
    Ron K.

  7. Re: (OT) No sound from radio station webpage

    goodwin wrote:
    > On 4/28/2008 4:34 PM Ron K. scribbled:
    >

    > Never saw a site offering a plugin before - who are they - farmed out
    > overseas code scribblers? Is it Moz approved? m$ endorsed (active x -
    > probably)? Seems like a lot of work for a lite radio station to go through.
    > Me thinks one need have rocks in their head to go through that, but
    > thats just my opinion.

    FWIW: Amazon.com offers a Plugin to PayPal so y9ou can pay for an MP3 download rather than buying a CD. What that does is to place a "P" icon on your FF location toolbar that's a quick link to your PayPal account. I wonder if this isn't the start of a new trend in business...

  8. Re: No sound from radio station webpage

    On 4/28/2008 8:25 PM goodwin scribbled:

    > On 4/28/2008 4:34 PM Ron K. scribbled:
    >
    >> Ron K. keyboarded, On 4/28/2008 7:27 PM :
    >>> Eustace keyboarded, On 4/28/2008 7:09 PM :

    >>> Odd. Vista has Windows Media Player 11 and I got prompted at the
    >>> site to get the WMP 11 plugin. What plugin did this work with
    >>> before?
    >>>

    >> Hope this helps you.

    > Windows 2000 pro, MP9 - works fine playing - Elton John right now -
    > go figgur. Task manager doesn't show media player being involved at
    > all, BTW...
    >
    > Never saw a site offering a plugin before - who are they - farmed out
    > overseas code scribblers?

    Upon close look at the site, I think I may have overreacted - years of
    dealing with spam, malware, etc. is getting to my bones. Think I owe
    Mr. Lock an apology.
    but Ron is correct - see
    http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/faqs/fir...tml#qa-npmozax

    "
    > There is an ActiveX plugin available for Mozilla. However, installing
    > it can cause many problems, including crashes and conflicts with
    > installed plugins. It is generally recommended that you do not
    > install this plugin, unless you are specifically instructed to do so
    > or are using it to solve a specific problem (and configuring it
    > accordingly). If you install it and have problems, the only support
    > you will usually get is "Uninstall the ActiveX plugin". You have been
    > warned.

    "
    Just seems like a lot of work to go through to listen to a station -
    though I'd probably do it if radio KPIG was back on stream...

  9. Re: No sound from radio station webpage

    On 2008-04-28 19:46 Ron K. wrote:
    > Eustace keyboarded, On 4/28/2008 7:38 PM :
    >> On 2008-04-28 19:27 Ron K. wrote:
    >>> Eustace keyboarded, On 4/28/2008 7:09 PM :

    >>> Odd. Vista has Windows Media Player 11 and I got prompted at the
    >>> site to get the WMP 11 plugin. What plugin did this work with before?

    >> I also have, in WinXP, WMP 11. I don't get any prompt over here. It
    >> starts buffering and then it *appears* to start playing, except that
    >> there is no sound. But concerning your question, I don't know. How can
    >> I find out what plugin it is using now? I suppose the plugin hasn't
    >> changed...
    >>
    >> emf
    >>

    > See my second reply with info from the site for a fix.

    Before deciding to install the Active-X plugin, I tried the radio
    station once more, and this time there was sound. It seems that while
    working on their code they created some problem and then they fixed it.
    It seems they want to be able to add ads in the place of their logo.

    emf

    --
    It ain't THAT, babe! - A radical reinterpretation
    http://www.geocities.com/itaintme_babe/itaintme.html

+ Reply to Thread