button click - Mozilla

This is a discussion on button click - Mozilla ; Quite often I cannot click buttons without reload the page. It's a known bug? Thanks...

  1. button click

    Quite often I cannot click buttons without reload the page. It's a
    known bug?
    Thanks

  2. Re: button click

    On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 1:01 PM, David McRitchie
    wrote:

    > > Quite often I cannot click buttons without reload the page. It's a
    > > known bug?

    > What buttons are you talking about?

    Just a hunch, perhaps he means that he cannot use keyboard shortcuts
    occasionally, especially after clicking in something that uses
    flash...
    If this is the case, click elsewhere on the page, or in somewhere like
    on the tab, or address bar, or search bar, or...
    Then try the keboard shortcut.

    Of course, this is just a guess on my part :P

  3. Re: button click

    I don't think that's it. I had the same problem on Netgrocer's webpage. There is a whole page of grocery items listed each with a BUY button. But if I click on ONE, then none of the other buttons work until I reload the page. Have to do this every time I BUY one item. I think that's what we are talking about here. Would LOVE to hear the fix on this one. Using FF 2.
    Bob, Still Old, Still Grey, And Still A Woolf

    No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly inconvenienced. And a party was thrown for them afterwards for being really cool about it.

    Bob's Space - Home Page of the Olde Greywoolf

    wrote:

    > > Quite often I cannot click buttons without reload the page. It's a
    > > known bug?

    > What buttons are you talking about?

    Just a hunch, perhaps he means that he cannot use keyboard shortcuts
    occasionally, especially after clicking in something that uses
    flash...
    If this is the case, click elsewhere on the page, or in somewhere like
    on the tab, or address bar, or search bar, or...
    Then try the keboard shortcut.

    Of course, this is just a guess on my part :P

  4. Re: button click

    On Apr 28, 8:22*am, girov...@libero.it wrote:
    > Quite often I cannot click buttons without reload the page. It's a
    > known bug?
    > Thanks

    No, it is a problem either with the sites you visit or with the
    Internet connection you are using.

  5. Re: button click

    In article firefox@lists.mozilla.org>, girovati@libero.it says...
    > Quite often I cannot click buttons without reload the page. It's a
    > known bug?
    > Thanks

    I've noticed this since upgrading to 2.0.0.14

    On some pages - and I haven't yet spotted a pattern - once one button
    has been clicked (such as an "Add to Cart" button or similar) then the
    next button won't click.

    However, I've found that RIGHT-clicking on the button, and then LEFT-
    clicking will somehow get FF to recognize the click. Just make sure you
    LEFT-click outside the RIGHT-click's popup menu...

    I thought this must have been a quirk of my system, or my mouse getting
    old, but given that others are having similar problems, I wonder if it
    is FF?

    The only addon I can think of that affects mouse clicks is Mouse
    Gestures, which I have installed. The problem isn't consistent enough
    to disable that addon then just try a few buttons. Meybe it's a
    compbination of the script on the page with either FF or Mouse Gestures?

    Does anyone else who has this oddity also have Mouse Gestures installed?
    If not, then it can be ruled out.

    --

    NightStalker

  6. Re: button click

    Well, I have the same problem and I DON'T have Mouse Gestures. Very few add-on's. Roboform, Gbookmarks, Google Toolbar, StumbleUpon, The Weather Channel, ABP, and McAfee Site Advisor. So, you have any of those in common? Running under Vista HP SP1 on a HP DV9500CTO. Other than FF2, do we have anything else in common? It appears to be unique to just some WebPages. I get it on Netgrocer, but I don't get it on GrocerExpress or Amazon, etc. I hadn't found that work-around about the right-click. Nice to know. Much easier than a reload and faster. Thanks.

    "NightStalker" wrote in message news:MPG.2280d6f4289925629896f7@news.mozilla.org.. .
    In article firefox@lists.mozilla.org>, girovati@libero.it says...
    > Quite often I cannot click buttons without reload the page. It's a
    > known bug?
    > Thanks

    I've noticed this since upgrading to 2.0.0.14

    On some pages - and I haven't yet spotted a pattern - once one button
    has been clicked (such as an "Add to Cart" button or similar) then the
    next button won't click.

    However, I've found that RIGHT-clicking on the button, and then LEFT-
    clicking will somehow get FF to recognize the click. Just make sure you
    LEFT-click outside the RIGHT-click's popup menu...

    I thought this must have been a quirk of my system, or my mouse getting
    old, but given that others are having similar problems, I wonder if it
    is FF?

    The only addon I can think of that affects mouse clicks is Mouse
    Gestures, which I have installed. The problem isn't consistent enough
    to disable that addon then just try a few buttons. Meybe it's a
    compbination of the script on the page with either FF or Mouse Gestures?

    Does anyone else who has this oddity also have Mouse Gestures installed?
    If not, then it can be ruled out.

    --

    NightStalker

  7. Re: button click

    On Apr 28, 8:59 pm, solon fox wrote:
    > On Apr 28, 8:22 am, girov...@libero.it wrote:
    >
    > > Quite often I cannot click buttons without reload the page. It's a
    > > known bug?
    > > Thanks

    > No, it is a problem either with the sites you visit or with the
    > Internet connection you are using.

    Hi there, I have exactly the same problem and so does my Dad - both
    using Firefox, completely different connections. This is a problem
    that has only recently occurred. It seems to happen most on google and
    google maps. I search for a location and then change the search entry
    and press enter or click 'search' and nothing happens. I have to
    reload the page in order for it to work. I've reinstalled Firefox and
    the problem persists.

    Any ideas?

    Joe

  8. Re: button click

    On Apr 29, 11:13*am, nojo...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > On Apr 28, 8:59 pm, solon fox wrote:
    >
    > > On Apr 28, 8:22 am, girov...@libero.it wrote:

    > > > Quite often I cannot click buttons without reload the page. It's a
    > > > known bug?
    > > > Thanks

    > > No, it is a problem either with the sites you visit or with the
    > > Internet connection you are using.

    > Hi there, I have exactly the same problem and so does my Dad - both
    > using Firefox, completely different connections. This is a problem
    > that has only recently occurred. It seems to happen most on google and
    > google maps. I search for a location and then change the search entry
    > and press enter or click 'search' and nothing happens. I have to
    > reload the page in order for it to work. I've reinstalled Firefox and
    > the problem persists.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Joe

    Yeah, I don't have any other ideas. At least you have made mention of
    where the problem occurs. I regularly use Google and Google Maps
    without any occurrence like you describe. I hope that someone else has
    some suggestions.

    You are confident that it is not a slow internet connection or
    firewall problem? To me, it sounds like the page isn't fully loaded,
    though you may see the page displayed it sounds as if there are some
    client side scripts that haven't loaded, or that the connection is
    interrupted.

    Google Maps makes extensive use of JavaScripts and there is a version
    of Google Maps that does not use client-side java scripts. Under Tools-
    >Options->Content there are checkboxes for Enable JavaScript and

    Enable Java. Maybe your Java Runtime Environment is out of whack? Did
    you ever at anytime install FireFox 3, because the JRE update 10 for
    FF 3 is not compatible with FF 2. It's just a shot in the dark.

    -solon fox

  9. Re: button click

    In article <-YudneTR1qYP44vVnZ2dnUVZ_quhnZ2d@mozilla.org>,
    ogwoolf@comcast.net says...
    > Well, I have the same problem and I DON'T have Mouse Gestures. Very few add-on's. Roboform, Gbookmarks, Google Toolbar, StumbleUpon, The Weather Channel, ABP, and McAfee Site Advisor. So, you have any of those in common? Running under Vista HP SP1 on a HP DV9500CTO. Other than FF2, do we have anything else in common? It appears to be unique to just some WebPages. I get it on Netgrocer, but I don't get it on GrocerExpress or Amazon, etc. I hadn't

    found that work-around about the right-click. Nice to know. Much easier than a reload and faster. Thanks.
    > Bob, Still Old, Still Grey, And Still A Woolf

    Bob - the only Addon we have in common is Stumbleupon. And I doubt that
    it would be responsible!

    I still haven't found any pattern to the sites that have this problem,
    or even if the same site maintains the problem constantly after a reboot
    and reload.

    I'll keep checking.

    Anyone else with the problem? Is it a real problem? Or is it just
    imagination?

    --

    NightStalker

  10. Re: button click

    NightStalker wrote:
    > In article <-YudneTR1qYP44vVnZ2dnUVZ_quhnZ2d@mozilla.org>,
    > ogwoolf@comcast.net says...
    >> Well, I have the same problem and I DON'T have Mouse Gestures. Very few add-on's. Roboform, Gbookmarks, Google Toolbar, StumbleUpon, The Weather Channel, ABP, and McAfee Site Advisor. So, you have any of those in common? Running under Vista HP SP1 on a HP DV9500CTO. Other than FF2, do we have anything else in common? It appears to be unique to just some WebPages. I get it on Netgrocer, but I don't get it on GrocerExpress or Amazon, etc. I hadn't

    > found that work-around about the right-click. Nice to know. Much easier than a reload and faster. Thanks.
    >> Bob, Still Old, Still Grey, And Still A Woolf

    > Bob - the only Addon we have in common is Stumbleupon. And I doubt that
    > it would be responsible!
    >
    > I still haven't found any pattern to the sites that have this problem,
    > or even if the same site maintains the problem constantly after a reboot
    > and reload.
    >
    > I'll keep checking.
    >
    > Anyone else with the problem? Is it a real problem? Or is it just
    > imagination?

    I've not experienced it myself.

    The first step, I would think, would be to find a site where it is
    reproducible, then try the steps listed here:

    http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...roubleshooting

    --
    Alex K.

+ Reply to Thread