Problems with 2.0.0.14 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Problems with 2.0.0.14 - Mozilla ; My Firefox 2.0.0.14 is hanging consistently. It just stops responding with an hourglass. This is under Windows XP SP2. This was not happening under 2.0.0.13. Unfortunately it is not reproducible as to how or why or where it hangs. I ...

  1. Problems with 2.0.0.14

    My Firefox 2.0.0.14 is hanging consistently. It just stops responding
    with an hourglass. This is under Windows XP SP2. This was not
    happening under 2.0.0.13. Unfortunately it is not reproducible as to
    how or why or where it hangs. I have several plugins:

    Bookmark Duplicate Detector 0.6.3
    DOM Inspector 1.8.1.14
    Firebug 1.05
    Flashblock 1.5.5
    Html Validator 0.8.4.0
    Skype extension for Firefox 2.2.0.70
    Tab Mix Plus 0.3.6

    None of these were added recently and were not causing an issue up
    till now. I did not see anyone else posting a similar issue.
    However, I cannot use Firefox at this point, and am breaking out in
    hives using IE. Help! Is there a problem? If so, is there a
    workaround? If not, is there a way I can go back to 2.0.0.13 and not
    have it upgrade to 2.0.014? Thank you.

    Fred

  2. Re: Problems with 2.0.0.14

    --
    Sonny
    "Fred" wrote in message
    > My Firefox 2.0.0.14 is hanging consistently. It just stops responding
    > with an hourglass. This is under Windows XP SP2. This was not
    > happening under 2.0.0.13. Unfortunately it is not reproducible as to
    > how or why or where it hangs. I have several plugins:
    >
    > Bookmark Duplicate Detector 0.6.3
    > DOM Inspector 1.8.1.14
    > Firebug 1.05
    > Flashblock 1.5.5
    > Html Validator 0.8.4.0
    > Skype extension for Firefox 2.2.0.70
    > Tab Mix Plus 0.3.6
    >
    > None of these were added recently and were not causing an issue up
    > till now. I did not see anyone else posting a similar issue.
    > However, I cannot use Firefox at this point, and am breaking out in
    > hives using IE. Help! Is there a problem? If so, is there a
    > workaround? If not, is there a way I can go back to 2.0.0.13 and not
    > have it upgrade to 2.0.014? Thank you.
    >
    > Fred

    Did you try running in safe mode?
    Check firewall settings?
    http://www.9down.com/Mozilla-Firefox...3-Final-23601/

  3. Re: Problems with 2.0.0.14

    I believe the problem is the firebug. I had the same problem e when
    I deactivate the Firebug 1.05, everything went normal again.

    Juliano

    Fred escreveu:

    > My Firefox 2.0.0.14 is hanging consistently. It just stops responding
    > with an hourglass. This is under Windows XP SP2. This was not
    > happening under 2.0.0.13. Unfortunately it is not reproducible as to
    > how or why or where it hangs. I have several plugins:
    >
    > Bookmark Duplicate Detector 0.6.3
    > DOM Inspector 1.8.1.14
    > Firebug 1.05
    > Flashblock 1.5.5
    > Html Validator 0.8.4.0
    > Skype extension for Firefox 2.2.0.70
    > Tab Mix Plus 0.3.6
    >
    > None of these were added recently and were not causing an issue up
    > till now. I did not see anyone else posting a similar issue.
    > However, I cannot use Firefox at this point, and am breaking out in
    > hives using IE. Help! Is there a problem? If so, is there a
    > workaround? If not, is there a way I can go back to 2.0.0.13 and not
    > have it upgrade to 2.0.014? Thank you.
    >
    > Fred

+ Reply to Thread