Trying to connect - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Trying to connect - Mozilla ; Hi, I'm a bit of a bunnie at this. I'm trying to connect to my ISP for my email via firefox. At first I was getting nowhere thanks to the XP Firewall but I've added Firefox (& Thunderbird) to the ...

  1. Trying to connect

    Hi,
    I'm a bit of a bunnie at this. I'm trying to connect to my ISP for my
    email via firefox. At first I was getting nowhere thanks to the XP
    Firewall but I've added Firefox (& Thunderbird) to the permitted list.
    I'm connected via an ASDL line to Xtra.Co.NZ and I think I need to
    configure Firefox to connect with it. Anyone help, please?

  2. Re: Trying to connect

    Auntie wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm a bit of a bunnie at this. I'm trying to connect to my ISP for my
    > email via firefox. At first I was getting nowhere thanks to the XP
    > Firewall but I've added Firefox (& Thunderbird) to the permitted list.
    > I'm connected via an ASDL line to Xtra.Co.NZ and I think I need to
    > configure Firefox to connect with it. Anyone help, please?

    i'm assuming you mean you are trying to connect to your ISP's webmail
    client...? other wise your question should read... i am trying to get
    thunderbird to connect to my isp

    --
    No lawyering.
    Prosecutors will be violated...

  3. Re: Trying to connect

    On 4/25/2008 3:00 AM Auntie scribbled:

    > Hi,
    > I'm a bit of a bunnie at this. I'm trying to connect to my ISP for my
    > email via firefox. At first I was getting nowhere thanks to the XP
    > Firewall but I've added Firefox (& Thunderbird) to the permitted list.
    > I'm connected via an ASDL line to Xtra.Co.NZ and I think I need to
    > configure Firefox to connect with it. Anyone help, please?

    You /are/ connected or you /cannot/ connect?

    Have you gone to the yahoo site and gone over their settings for webmail
    (assuming you are addressing webmail since Firefox is a browser, not an
    email client)?
    They should give you any settings needed for Firefox, if any - I don't
    use yahoo.
    Alternative, use Thunderbird with proper yahoo settings per yahoo.

  4. Re: Trying to connect

    On 25-04-2008 12:00 CET, Auntie composed this enchanting statement:
    > Hi,
    > I'm a bit of a bunnie at this. I'm trying to connect to my ISP for my
    > email via firefox. At first I was getting nowhere thanks to the XP
    > Firewall but I've added Firefox (& Thunderbird) to the permitted list.
    > I'm connected via an ASDL line to Xtra.Co.NZ and I think I need to
    > configure Firefox to connect with it. Anyone help, please?

    I don't have to configure Firefox for that. If you want to read your
    mail online (via 'webmail') with Firefox, you'll need the web address
    (//http:...) of the page that supports it (ask your provider, if you do
    not know it). Type the address in the Location bar of Firefox (and press
    the Enter key).

    However, if you want to read the mail with Thunderbird, you'll need to
    create a mail account (see Tools menu).

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert