On Sat, 17 May 2008 13:35:40 +1000, wrote:

> On May 14, 3:28 am, "leng...@gmail.com" wrote:

>> for

>> > That's not the case to me. With ABP disabled and Firefox still
>> > crashes when I log into Gmail. This happens since a couple of weeks
>> > ago.

>> > FYI, it happens on all computers I use, home or work. All are Windows
>> > XP based systems.

>> Likewise: firefox 2.00.14 on the mac cycles endlessly, whereas IE7
>> under
>> Windows XP is able to access gmail.

> Same problem hereE!

My workarounds from Apr-08:

A note on how to work around the problem when Google's Gmail continuously
loads in Firefox but never completes, and reloading the page or restarting
Firefox does not fix the problem. There's three URLs for your Gmail
account, so use the second or third alternative listed below:

* HTTP: http://mail.google.com/mail/
* HTTPS: https://mail.google.com/mail/
* Plain HTML interface: https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=html&zy=a

Failing that, try:

* Clearing your Firefox cache in Tools / Options / Advanced / Network
/ Cache.
* Older Gmail interface: http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=1.

Ref:
http://kamhungsoh.com/blog/2008/02/w...-loading..html