flashblock problems with flash 9 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on flashblock problems with flash 9 - Mozilla ; I LOVE Flashblock! It makes the internet tolerable. But Flash 9 videos often cannot be displayed at all. Anyone else having this problem?...

  1. flashblock problems with flash 9

    I LOVE Flashblock! It makes the internet tolerable.

    But Flash 9 videos often cannot be displayed at all.

    Anyone else having this problem?

  2. Re: flashblock problems with flash 9

    On Or About Wed, 23 Apr 2008 08:59:27 -0700, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, Paul Pedersen Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And
    wrote The Following In The mozilla.support.firefox News Group:

    > I LOVE Flashblock! It makes the internet tolerable.
    >
    > But Flash 9 videos often cannot be displayed at all.
    >
    > Anyone else having this problem?

    Yes, and don't know what it is.
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

  3. Re: flashblock problems with flash 9

    On 4/23/2008 7:40 PM, Old Gringo wrote:
    > On Or About Wed, 23 Apr 2008 08:59:27 -0700, Without Any Hesitation
    > Or Thinking Twice, Paul Pedersen Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And
    > wrote The Following In The mozilla.support.firefox News Group:
    >
    >> I LOVE Flashblock! It makes the internet tolerable.
    >>
    >> But Flash 9 videos often cannot be displayed at all.
    >>
    >> Anyone else having this problem?

    > Yes, and don't know what it is.

    Care to give us a URL?

    --
    Irwin

  4. Re: flashblock problems with flash 9

    On 23.04.2008 17:59, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Paul Pedersen
    to generate the following:? :
    > I LOVE Flashblock! It makes the internet tolerable.
    >
    > But Flash 9 videos often cannot be displayed at all.
    >
    > Anyone else having this problem?

    reg <<<----- no Flashblock, no problems!

  5. Re: flashblock problems with flash 9

    This is a huge problem. If you go to adobe and find a forum about Flash 9
    there are hundreds of people posting this problem. Mostly IE7 though with FF
    also but not near as many as IE7 and Vista. I upgraded to Flash9 before I
    knew about it and still have no Flash functions in IE7. I went back to Flash
    8 and FF and now it's working again. People are about to pull their hair out
    over on that forum and the list is getting longer.
    RobertF
    "squaredancer" wrote in message
    news:Qaadnan8GOuS9Y3VnZ2dnUVZ_uWdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > On 23.04.2008 17:59, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Paul Pedersen to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> I LOVE Flashblock! It makes the internet tolerable.
    >>
    >> But Flash 9 videos often cannot be displayed at all.
    >>
    >> Anyone else having this problem?
    >>

    > reg <<<----- no Flashblock, no problems!

  6. Re: flashblock problems with flash 9

    On Or About Wed, 23 Apr 2008 20:32:01 -0700, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, Irwin Greenwald Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And
    wrote The Following In The mozilla.support.firefox News Group:

    > On 4/23/2008 7:40 PM, Old Gringo wrote:
    >> On Or About Wed, 23 Apr 2008 08:59:27 -0700, Without Any Hesitation
    >> Or Thinking Twice, Paul Pedersen Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And
    >> wrote The Following In The mozilla.support.firefox News Group:
    >>
    >>> I LOVE Flashblock! It makes the internet tolerable.
    >>>
    >>> But Flash 9 videos often cannot be displayed at all.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone else having this problem?

    >> Yes, and don't know what it is.

    > Care to give us a URL?

    Anything on Yahoo News. Today it's working, assumption = it was
    Yahoo ?
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    4/24/2008 8:38:12 AM CST (DST)

  7. Re: flashblock problems with flash 9

    RobertF wrote:
    > This is a huge problem. If you go to adobe and find a forum about Flash
    > 9 there are hundreds of people posting this problem. Mostly IE7 though
    > with FF also but not near as many as IE7 and Vista. I upgraded to Flash9
    > before I knew about it and still have no Flash functions in IE7. I went
    > back to Flash 8 and FF and now it's working again. People are about to
    > pull their hair out over on that forum and the list is getting longer.
    > RobertF
    > "squaredancer" wrote in message
    > news:Qaadnan8GOuS9Y3VnZ2dnUVZ_uWdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> On 23.04.2008 17:59, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Paul
    >> Pedersen to generate the following:? :
    >>> I LOVE Flashblock! It makes the internet tolerable.
    >>>
    >>> But Flash 9 videos often cannot be displayed at all.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone else having this problem?
    >>>

    >> reg <<<----- no Flashblock, no problems!

    I with Reg on this one, no Flashblock, no problem

  8. Re: flashblock problems with flash 9

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > RobertF wrote:
    >> This is a huge problem. If you go to adobe and find a forum about
    >> Flash 9 there are hundreds of people posting this problem. Mostly IE7
    >> though with FF also but not near as many as IE7 and Vista. I upgraded
    >> to Flash9 before I knew about it and still have no Flash functions in
    >> IE7. I went back to Flash 8 and FF and now it's working again. People
    >> are about to pull their hair out over on that forum and the list is
    >> getting longer.
    >> RobertF
    >> "squaredancer" wrote in message
    >> news:Qaadnan8GOuS9Y3VnZ2dnUVZ_uWdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >>> On 23.04.2008 17:59, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Paul
    >>> Pedersen to generate the following:? :

    >>> reg <<<----- no Flashblock, no problems!
    >>>

    > I with Reg on this one, no Flashblock, no problem

    Using Flashblock and FF3b5 with no problems I have noticed. There is a
    conflict between Flashblock and IE Tab, but turning off Flashblock gets
    around the problem.
    I have Flash 9.0r124

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  9. Re: flashblock problems with flash 9

    On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 13:41:49 -0500, Ron Hunter wrote:

    > Using Flashblock and FF3b5 with no problems I have noticed. There is a
    > conflict between Flashblock and IE Tab, but turning off Flashblock gets
    > around the problem.
    > I have Flash 9.0r124

    Technically there is a core Gecko bug on trunk that IE Tab (and
    GreaseMonkey) expose that affects Flashblock. The trouble is that the
    bug doesn't always manifest itself and depends on the order the
    extensions are installed and the phase of the moon.

    Phil

    --
    Philip Chee ,
    [ ]Life without learning is death. Cicero

  10. Re: flashblock problems with flash 9

    "squaredancer" wrote in message
    news:Qaadnan8GOuS9Y3VnZ2dnUVZ_uWdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > On 23.04.2008 17:59, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Paul Pedersen to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> I LOVE Flashblock! It makes the internet tolerable.
    >>
    >> But Flash 9 videos often cannot be displayed at all.
    >>
    >> Anyone else having this problem?

    > reg <<<----- no Flashblock, no problems!

    That is not an acceptable solution.

    Flash advertisements are so ridiculously annoying and offensive that I would
    rather give up web surfing than have them buzzing in my face.

  11. Re: flashblock problems with flash 9

    On 4/25/2008 10:12 AM, Paul Pedersen wrote:
    > "squaredancer" wrote in message
    > news:Qaadnan8GOuS9Y3VnZ2dnUVZ_uWdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >
    >> On 23.04.2008 17:59, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Paul Pedersen to
    >> generate the following:? :
    >>
    >>> I LOVE Flashblock! It makes the internet tolerable.
    >>>
    >>> But Flash 9 videos often cannot be displayed at all.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone else having this problem?
    >>>

    >> reg <<<----- no Flashblock, no problems!
    >>

    > That is not an acceptable solution.
    >
    > Flash advertisements are so ridiculously annoying and offensive that I would
    > rather give up web surfing than have them buzzing in my face.

    I use NoScript with the following options checked under NoScript options
    > Plugins

    Forbid Adobe Flash
    Apply these restrictions to trusted sites too
    Even I trust the site, Flash ad won't be loaded without couple more clicks.

    --
    Wing

  12. Re: flashblock problems with flash 9

    On 25.04.2008 19:12, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Paul Pedersen
    to generate the following:? :
    > "squaredancer" wrote in message
    > news:Qaadnan8GOuS9Y3VnZ2dnUVZ_uWdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >
    >> On 23.04.2008 17:59, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Paul Pedersen to
    >> generate the following:? :
    >>
    >>> I LOVE Flashblock! It makes the internet tolerable.
    >>>
    >>> But Flash 9 videos often cannot be displayed at all.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone else having this problem?
    >>>

    >> reg <<<----- no Flashblock, no problems!
    >>

    > That is not an acceptable solution.

    maybe not for you - 'tis for me, and (in my home) I'M the one who
    matters to me!

    > Flash advertisements are so ridiculously annoying and offensive that I would
    > rather give up web surfing than have them buzzing in my face.

    yeah, well! maybe I just don't "see" those flash ads - I can actually
    concentrate on what I am looking at - as I am OLD, I don't belong to the
    global, nervous, hyper-active, "young, fast, useless" Yuppie Jetset - I
    don't take life as being 'important' - I take it as it comes.

    reg

  13. Re: flashblock problems with flash 9

    > On 25.04.2008 19:12, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Paul Pedersen to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> "squaredancer" wrote in message
    >> news:Qaadnan8GOuS9Y3VnZ2dnUVZ_uWdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >>
    >>> On 23.04.2008 17:59, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Paul Pedersen
    >>> to generate the following:? :

    >>> reg <<<----- no Flashblock, no problems!
    >>>

    >> That is not an acceptable solution.
    >>

    > maybe not for you - 'tis for me, and (in my home) I'M the one who matters
    > to me!
    >
    >> Flash advertisements are so ridiculously annoying and offensive that I
    >> would rather give up web surfing than have them buzzing in my face.
    >>

    > yeah, well! maybe I just don't "see" those flash ads - I can actually
    > concentrate on what I am looking at - as I am OLD, I don't belong to the
    > global, nervous, hyper-active, "young, fast, useless" Yuppie Jetset - I
    > don't take life as being 'important' - I take it as it comes.
    >
    > reg

    I'm likely older than you. In any case, life is too short to be pestered by
    Flash ads.

  14. Re: flashblock problems with flash 9

    Paul Pedersen wrote:
    > "squaredancer" wrote in message
    >> On 25.04.2008 19:12, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Paul Pedersen to
    >> generate the following:? :
    >>> "squaredancer" wrote in message
    >>> news:Qaadnan8GOuS9Y3VnZ2dnUVZ_uWdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..

    >>> That is not an acceptable solution.
    >>>

    >> maybe not for you - 'tis for me, and (in my home) I'M the one who matters
    >> to me!
    >>
    >>> Flash advertisements are so ridiculously annoying and offensive that I
    >>> would rather give up web surfing than have them buzzing in my face.
    >>>

    >> yeah, well! maybe I just don't "see" those flash ads - I can actually
    >> concentrate on what I am looking at - as I am OLD, I don't belong to the
    >> global, nervous, hyper-active, "young, fast, useless" Yuppie Jetset - I
    >> don't take life as being 'important' - I take it as it comes.
    >>
    >> reg

    > I'm likely older than you. In any case, life is too short to be pestered by
    > Flash ads.

    I 'see' flash ads in much the same vein as I see 'ads' on TV. A
    neccessary evil, after all, someone has to pay for the quality content
    available on the net. Yep, sure they sometimes 'get in the way' or
    become an annoyance, but without them, how would many websites be able
    to afford their expenses and expertise. Programmers ain't cheap.

    To produce even such dredge as 'American Idol' advertisers are paying
    $750,000.00 for 30 seconds during the show - several Million for that
    long during major sports events. This sort of symbiotic relationship
    exists on the web as well.

  15. Re: flashblock problems with flash 9

    "Moz Champion (Dan)" wrote in message
    news:spqdnfs6MuwB4Y7VnZ2dnUVZ_vyinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..

    >>> yeah, well! maybe I just don't "see" those flash ads - I can actually
    >>> concentrate on what I am looking at - as I am OLD, I don't belong to the
    >>> global, nervous, hyper-active, "young, fast, useless" Yuppie Jetset - I
    >>> don't take life as being 'important' - I take it as it comes.
    >>>
    >>> reg

    >> I'm likely older than you. In any case, life is too short to be pestered
    >> by Flash ads.
    >>

    > I 'see' flash ads in much the same vein as I see 'ads' on TV.

    Same here. That's the biggest reason I don't watch television. Never. I
    really and truly hate it. I have a tv, but use it only for rented movies.

    Same for radio. I'd rather do without, and I do, than listen to the
    commercials taking up 55%+ of the airtime.

    You can tell me how necessary they are, but I don't believe it. I think
    other countries do just fine without the constant barrage of advertising we
    are subjected to here.

    Not only broadcast commercials, but everywhere! On my receipt at the grocery
    store. On the floor in public buildings. Trailing behind airplanes in the
    sky. On the sides of buses. On video screens at the gas pump. I heard
    recently that they will soon be writing ads on the moon with lasers. I
    wouldn't doubt it.

    > A neccessary evil

    I repeat what I said earlier. Without Flashblock, I would likely stop
    surfing the net altogether.

    I don't mind mild-mannered ads. I even click on them from time to time. But
    the annoying Flash ads, no way!!

  16. Re: flashblock problems with flash 9

    Paul Pedersen wrote:
    > "squaredancer" wrote in message
    >> On 25.04.2008 19:12, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Paul Pedersen to
    >> generate the following:? :
    >>> "squaredancer" wrote in message
    >>> news:Qaadnan8GOuS9Y3VnZ2dnUVZ_uWdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..

    >>> That is not an acceptable solution.
    >>>

    >> maybe not for you - 'tis for me, and (in my home) I'M the one who matters
    >> to me!
    >>
    >>> Flash advertisements are so ridiculously annoying and offensive that I
    >>> would rather give up web surfing than have them buzzing in my face.
    >>>

    >> yeah, well! maybe I just don't "see" those flash ads - I can actually
    >> concentrate on what I am looking at - as I am OLD, I don't belong to the
    >> global, nervous, hyper-active, "young, fast, useless" Yuppie Jetset - I
    >> don't take life as being 'important' - I take it as it comes.
    >>
    >> reg

    > I'm likely older than you. In any case, life is too short to be pestered by
    > Flash ads.

    I quite agree. There are some highly useful, and appropriate, Flash
    applications, but most of them are just annoying, resource hogging, fluff.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  17. Re: flashblock problems with flash 9

    Paul Pedersen wrote:
    > "Moz Champion (Dan)" wrote in message
    > news:spqdnfs6MuwB4Y7VnZ2dnUVZ_vyinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..

    >>> I'm likely older than you. In any case, life is too short to be pestered
    >>> by Flash ads.
    >>>

    >> I 'see' flash ads in much the same vein as I see 'ads' on TV.

    > Same here. That's the biggest reason I don't watch television. Never. I
    > really and truly hate it. I have a tv, but use it only for rented movies.
    >
    > Same for radio. I'd rather do without, and I do, than listen to the
    > commercials taking up 55%+ of the airtime.
    >
    > You can tell me how necessary they are, but I don't believe it. I think
    > other countries do just fine without the constant barrage of advertising we
    > are subjected to here.
    >
    > Not only broadcast commercials, but everywhere! On my receipt at the grocery
    > store. On the floor in public buildings. Trailing behind airplanes in the
    > sky. On the sides of buses. On video screens at the gas pump. I heard
    > recently that they will soon be writing ads on the moon with lasers. I
    > wouldn't doubt it.
    >

    >> A neccessary evil

    > I repeat what I said earlier. Without Flashblock, I would likely stop
    > surfing the net altogether.
    >
    > I don't mind mild-mannered ads. I even click on them from time to time. But
    > the annoying Flash ads, no way!!

    I don't like ads, period. If I see something of of interest when
    skipping through them on the DVR, I may watch one, but the constant
    barrage is more than I am willing to put up with. I use Flashblock, and
    Adblock Plus, and can't stand to surf without them. My wife, on the
    other hand, complained when I killed the ads on her computer as she
    actually LIKES them. Takes all kinds.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  18. Re: flashblock problems with flash 9

    On 4/27/2008 Ron Hunter said
    > I don't like ads, period. If I see something of of interest when skipping through them on the DVR, I may watch one, but the constant barrage is more than I am willing to put up with. I use Flashblock, and Adblock Plus, and can't stand to surf without them. My wife, on the other hand, complained when I killed the ads on her computer as she actually LIKES them. Takes all kinds.

    Husbands are purchasers.
    Wives are shoppers.
    --
    Irwin