Downloads - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Downloads - Mozilla ; At one point I had asked for a feature whereby I could restart the browser post installation of a plug-in and it was implemented. Now I'd like to know if I can change the download location from the Downloads page, ...

  1. Downloads

    At one point I had asked for a feature whereby I could restart the
    browser post installation of a plug-in and it was implemented.

    Now I'd like to know if I can change the download location from the
    Downloads page, without having to go into options.

    Thank you for such a stable browsing experience and I look most forward
    to seeing new features implemented soon.

    Bye for now

  2. Re: Downloads

    crypto wrote:

    > At one point I had asked for a feature whereby I could restart the
    > browser post installation of a plug-in and it was implemented.
    >
    > Now I'd like to know if I can change the download location from the
    > Downloads page, without having to go into options.

    With the extension "Save Link in Folder", you can build a list of
    folders you might want to save stuff in, and the list will be available
    in the context menu.

  3. Re: Downloads

    Q keyboarded, On 4/22/2008 6:45 PM :
    > crypto wrote:
    >

    >> At one point I had asked for a feature whereby I could restart the
    >> browser post installation of a plug-in and it was implemented.
    >>
    >> Now I'd like to know if I can change the download location from the
    >> Downloads page, without having to go into options.
    >>

    > With the extension "Save Link in Folder", you can build a list of
    > folders you might want to save stuff in, and the list will be available
    > in the context menu.

    Thank You for the link. It's URL has been needed a few times in Tb support.

    --
    Ron K.

  4. Re: Downloads

    Ron K. wrote:
    > Q keyboarded, On 4/22/2008 6:45 PM :
    >> crypto wrote:
    >>

    >>> At one point I had asked for a feature whereby I could restart the
    >>> browser post installation of a plug-in and it was implemented.
    >>>
    >>> Now I'd like to know if I can change the download location from the
    >>> Downloads page, without having to go into options.
    >>>

    >> With the extension "Save Link in Folder", you can build a list of
    >> folders you might want to save stuff in, and the list will be available
    >> in the context menu.
    >>

    > Thank You for the link. It's URL has been needed a few times in Tb
    > support.

    This is a good Add-on but I still would like some means of changing the
    default location on the Downloads Window itself and thank you.

  5. Re: Downloads

    On 23.04.2008 07:29, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused crypto to
    generate the following:? :
    > Ron K. wrote:
    >
    >> Q keyboarded, On 4/22/2008 6:45 PM :

    >>> With the extension "Save Link in Folder", you can build a list of
    >>> folders you might want to save stuff in, and the list will be available
    >>> in the context menu.
    >>>

    >> Thank You for the link. It's URL has been needed a few times in Tb
    >> support.
    >>

    > This is a good Add-on but I still would like some means of changing the
    > default location on the Downloads Window itself and thank you.

    even though it doesn't look like one (NOT a windows standard) the icon
    at the bottom of the download-list popup actually *IS* an active button
    - hover your mouse over it and you'll see the button "show" - you can
    change the current d/l folder by clicking it and browsing to the new
    required folder!

    reg

  6. Re: Downloads

    crypto wrote:

    > Ron K. wrote:
    > > Q keyboarded, On 4/22/2008 6:45 PM :

    > >> With the extension "Save Link in Folder", you can build a list of
    > >> folders you might want to save stuff in, and the list will be
    > >> available in the context menu.
    > >>

    > > Thank You for the link. It's URL has been needed a few times in Tb
    > > support.

    > This is a good Add-on but I still would like some means of changing
    > the default location on the Downloads Window itself and thank you.

    You can change the default download location by going to Tools
    Options Downloads. If you set it to always ask you, and you have the
    extension, then for each download you can quickly choose one of the
    folders you've added to the menu or you can browse to whatever folder
    you like.

  7. Re: Downloads

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 23.04.2008 07:29, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused crypto to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> Ron K. wrote:
    >>
    >>> Q keyboarded, On 4/22/2008 6:45 PM :

    >>> Thank You for the link. It's URL has been needed a few times in Tb
    >>> support.
    >>>

    >> This is a good Add-on but I still would like some means of changing
    >> the default location on the Downloads Window itself and thank you.
    >>

    > even though it doesn't look like one (NOT a windows standard) the icon
    > at the bottom of the download-list popup actually *IS* an active button
    > - hover your mouse over it and you'll see the button "show" - you can
    > change the current d/l folder by clicking it and browsing to the new
    > required folder!
    >
    > reg

    Thanks for the reply.

    It's good that I can access the folder where downloads are but it
    doesn't allow me to change the location from that little window and I
    feel it would do great justice to the program if it did.

  8. Re: Downloads

    Q wrote:
    > crypto wrote:
    >
    >> Ron K. wrote:
    >>> Q keyboarded, On 4/22/2008 6:45 PM :

    >>> Thank You for the link. It's URL has been needed a few times in Tb
    >>> support.

    >> This is a good Add-on but I still would like some means of changing
    >> the default location on the Downloads Window itself and thank you.

    > You can change the default download location by going to Tools
    > Options Downloads. If you set it to always ask you, and you have the
    > extension, then for each download you can quickly choose one of the
    > folders you've added to the menu or you can browse to whatever folder
    > you like.

    Sorry to answer in a different thread reply but as much as I like that
    add-in and it is very flexible I still would like to be able to change
    the default behaviour globally without having to go into tools etc.

    Thank you

  9. Re: Downloads

    On 30.04.2008 00:20, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused crypto to
    generate the following:? :
    > Q wrote:
    >
    >> crypto wrote:

    >>> This is a good Add-on but I still would like some means of changing
    >>> the default location on the Downloads Window itself and thank you.
    >>>

    >> You can change the default download location by going to Tools
    >> Options Downloads. If you set it to always ask you, and you have the
    >> extension, then for each download you can quickly choose one of the
    >> folders you've added to the menu or you can browse to whatever folder
    >> you like.
    >>

    > Sorry to answer in a different thread reply but as much as I like that
    > add-in and it is very flexible I still would like to be able to change
    > the default behaviour globally without having to go into tools etc.
    >
    > Thank you

    well - I suppose that you are one of those people who want to sit in
    front of the tele while the computer auto-switches to "on", runs an
    automagic checkup, update, printout. Then goes automatically online,
    checks your eMail, Bank Account, Insurance Policies, Car insurance +
    road tax, downloads to some automagically auto-set folder and then
    flatters a printout of the work-log into your lap? (without disturbing
    your TV-viewing pleasure, of course)

    Well - sorry to disappoint you fella, but there are *some things* a
    computer won't do for you yet... maybe in the year 2060, with Eve Dallas
    and Roarke helping you to comprehend!

    reg

  10. Re: Downloads

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 30.04.2008 00:20, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused crypto to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> Q wrote:

    >>> You can change the default download location by going to Tools
    >>> Options Downloads. If you set it to always ask you, and you have the
    >>> extension, then for each download you can quickly choose one of the
    >>> folders you've added to the menu or you can browse to whatever folder
    >>> you like.
    >>>

    >> Sorry to answer in a different thread reply but as much as I like that
    >> add-in and it is very flexible I still would like to be able to change
    >> the default behaviour globally without having to go into tools etc.
    >>
    >> Thank you
    >>

    > well - I suppose that you are one of those people who want to sit in
    > front of the tele while the computer auto-switches to "on", runs an
    > automagic checkup, update, printout. Then goes automatically online,
    > checks your eMail, Bank Account, Insurance Policies, Car insurance +
    > road tax, downloads to some automagically auto-set folder and then
    > flatters a printout of the work-log into your lap? (without disturbing
    > your TV-viewing pleasure, of course)
    >
    > Well - sorry to disappoint you fella, but there are *some things* a
    > computer won't do for you yet... maybe in the year 2060, with Eve Dallas
    > and Roarke helping you to comprehend!
    >
    > reg

    Ah gee! I've been so happy as of late with the development of the
    FireFox browser since it seems to be becoming infinitely more stable and
    what I mean by that is it seems to just work with about any OS
    configuration (windows of course )I care to throw at it.

    Having said that I am in deep thought now regarding the future of the FF
    browser since naturally my preference is to ultimately use it portably,
    so when I get sick of it or an update comes out, I merely just delete it
    but in the mean time if I try to update it as per normal practice all my
    bookmarks disappear but not to worry because I can export them prior,
    however in the process I loose all of my history, so I'm wondering now
    what can actually be done in this regard as well as having a certificate
    on hand which would allow me export any and all usernames and passwords
    for later importing, so I'm hoping that the fantastic developers at
    Mozilla can address this problem in due course.

    Thanks again to the Firefox support community and good luck in IT.

+ Reply to Thread