A real bugger.... - Mozilla

This is a discussion on A real bugger.... - Mozilla ; Hi All, I am experiencing a few problems with Firefox (and other browsers) because if I try and load a site like www.engadget.com , www.pspfanboy.com , www.ign.com , they just don't load or sometimes they load in text form while ...

  1. A real bugger....

    Hi All,

    I am experiencing a few problems with Firefox (and other browsers)
    because if I try and load a site like www.engadget.com ,
    www.pspfanboy.com , www.ign.com , they just don't load or sometimes they
    load in text form while other sites like Google work perfectly... and
    iTunes doesn't even load properly. I know the support i require might
    not come from here but if anyone knows how to help, please do.

    I am using Mac OS X Leopard. FF beta 5 (but i don't think that's the
    problem...)

    (Sorry, I somehow deleted all my last messages)

    Thanking you in advance.
    Ari Anastassiou

  2. Re: A real bugger....

    Ari Anastassiou wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am experiencing a few problems with Firefox (and other browsers)
    > because if I try and load a site like www.engadget.com ,
    > www.pspfanboy.com , www.ign.com , they just don't load or sometimes they
    > load in text form while other sites like Google work perfectly... and
    > iTunes doesn't even load properly. I know the support i require might
    > not come from here but if anyone knows how to help, please do.
    >
    > I am using Mac OS X Leopard. FF beta 5 (but i don't think that's the
    > problem...)
    >
    > (Sorry, I somehow deleted all my last messages)
    >
    > Thanking you in advance.
    > Ari Anastassiou

    I was wondering if there is a chance that the cause might be Limewire -
    because the 2 macs we've got in our house experience this problem (both
    have limewire) while the one windows computer works perfectly -- the two
    macs are using a wireless connection from the windows PC.

  3. Re: A real bugger....

    Ari Anastassiou wrote:
    > Ari Anastassiou wrote:
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> I am experiencing a few problems with Firefox (and other browsers)
    >> because if I try and load a site like www.engadget.com ,
    >> www.pspfanboy.com , www.ign.com , they just don't load or sometimes
    >> they load in text form while other sites like Google work
    >> perfectly... and iTunes doesn't even load properly. I know the support
    >> i require might not come from here but if anyone knows how to help,
    >> please do.
    >>
    >> I am using Mac OS X Leopard. FF beta 5 (but i don't think that's the
    >> problem...)
    >>
    >> (Sorry, I somehow deleted all my last messages)
    >>
    >> Thanking you in advance.
    >> Ari Anastassiou

    > I was wondering if there is a chance that the cause might be Limewire -
    > because the 2 macs we've got in our house experience this problem (both
    > have limewire) while the one windows computer works perfectly -- the two
    > macs are using a wireless connection from the windows PC.

    Ok - I found the problem - stupid DNS server - thanks to everyone

  4. Re: A real bugger....

    Ari Anastassiou wrote:
    > Ari Anastassiou wrote:
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> I am experiencing a few problems with Firefox (and other browsers)
    >> because if I try and load a site like www.engadget.com ,
    >> www.pspfanboy.com , www.ign.com , they just don't load or sometimes
    >> they load in text form while other sites like Google work
    >> perfectly... and iTunes doesn't even load properly. I know the support
    >> i require might not come from here but if anyone knows how to help,
    >> please do.
    >>
    >> I am using Mac OS X Leopard. FF beta 5 (but i don't think that's the
    >> problem...)
    >>
    >> (Sorry, I somehow deleted all my last messages)
    >>
    >> Thanking you in advance.
    >> Ari Anastassiou

    > I was wondering if there is a chance that the cause might be Limewire -
    > because the 2 macs we've got in our house experience this problem (both
    > have limewire) while the one windows computer works perfectly -- the two
    > macs are using a wireless connection from the windows PC.

    Ok - I found the problem - stupid DNS server - thanks to everyone

    Ari Anastassiou

+ Reply to Thread