"top.window.close()" is not closing the window in Firefox,any other alternatives? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on "top.window.close()" is not closing the window in Firefox,any other alternatives? - Mozilla ; Hi Team, "top.window.close()" is not closing the window in Firefox, any other alternatives? Thanks, Bhavesh....

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: "top.window.close()" is not closing the window in Firefox,any other alternatives?

  1. "top.window.close()" is not closing the window in Firefox,any other alternatives?

    Hi Team,

    "top.window.close()" is not closing the window in Firefox, any other
    alternatives?

    Thanks,
    Bhavesh.

  2. Re: "top.window.close()" is not closing the window in Firefox, anyother alternatives?

    On 09-04-2008 14:27 CET, Bhavesh Kamani composed this enchanting statement:
    > Hi Team,
    >
    > "top.window.close()" is not closing the window in Firefox, any other
    > alternatives?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    >

    There may be window tabs open that need user confirmation for closure.

    File exit, may be?

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

    (MacOS 10.3.9 / Firefox 2.0, Thunderbird 2.0)

  3. Re: "top.window.close()" is not closing the window in Firefox,any other alternatives?

    On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 6:04 PM, Melchert Fruitema
    wrote:

    > On 09-04-2008 14:27 CET, Bhavesh Kamani composed this enchanting
    > statement:
    > > Hi Team,
    > >
    > > "top.window.close()" is not closing the window in Firefox, any other
    > > alternatives?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > >

    > There may be window tabs open that need user confirmation for closure.
    >
    > File exit, may be?
    >
    > --
    > Kind regards,
    > Melchert
    >
    > (MacOS 10.3.9 / Firefox 2.0, Thunderbird 2.0)
    > _______________________________________________
    > support-firefox mailing list
    > support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org
    > https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/support-firefox
    > To unsubscribe, send an email to
    > support-firefox-request@lists.mozilla.org?subject=unsubscribe
    >



    Hi Melchert

    I want to close the window using script.

    Thanks,
    Bhavesh.

  4. Re: "top.window.close()" is not closing the window in Firefox, any other alternatives?

    On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 17:57:57 +0530, in message ,
    Bhavesh Kamani wrote:

    > "top.window.close()" is not closing the window in Firefox,


    Check the Error Console for JavaScript errors.

    > any other
    > alternatives?


    If the window was not opened by JavaScript, then it cannot be
    closed by JavaScript.



  5. Re: "top.window.close()" is not closing the window in Firefox,any other alternatives?

    On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 2:44 PM, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:

    > On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 17:57:57 +0530, in message <
    > mailman.122.1207744107.14967.support...ts.mozilla.org>,
    > Bhavesh Kamani wrote:
    >
    > > "top.window.close()" is not closing the window in Firefox,

    >
    > Check the Error Console for JavaScript errors.
    >
    > > any other
    > > alternatives?

    >
    > If the window was not opened by JavaScript, then it cannot be
    > closed by JavaScript.
    >
    >
    > _______________________________________________
    > support-firefox mailing list
    > support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org
    > https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/support-firefox
    > To unsubscribe, send an email to
    > support-firefox-request@lists.mozilla.org?subject=unsubscribe
    >


    Hi Ralph,

    I am getting folowing error in the console :

    "Warning: Scripts may not close windows that were not opened by script."

    Thanks,
    Bhavesh.

  6. Re: "top.window.close()" is not closing the window in Firefox, any other alternatives?

    On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 16:09:04 +0530, in message ,
    Bhavesh Kamani wrote:

    > On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 2:44 PM, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:
    >
    > > On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 17:57:57 +0530, in message <
    > > mailman.122.1207744107.14967.support...ts.mozilla.org>,
    > > Bhavesh Kamani wrote:
    > >
    > > > "top.window.close()" is not closing the window in Firefox,

    > >
    > > Check the Error Console for JavaScript errors.
    > >
    > > > any other
    > > > alternatives?

    > >
    > > If the window was not opened by JavaScript, then it cannot be
    > > closed by JavaScript.
    > >
    > >

    >
    > Hi Ralph,
    >
    > I am getting folowing error in the console :
    >
    > "Warning: Scripts may not close windows that were not opened by script."
    >


    The window was not opened by JavaScript. If the window was not
    opened by JavaScript, then it cannot be closed by JavaScript.


    Perhaps you can use DHTML to display a notice in the middle of
    the window, to tell the user "this window can now be closed".


    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph


+ Reply to Thread