Firefox 2.0.0.13 can't connect - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox 2.0.0.13 can't connect - Mozilla ; I'm having a problem similar to that reported by many other users - Firefox cannot connect, but IE can. The problem started only recently, perhaps with the upgrade to 2.0.0.13. But for me the problem is intermittent. Firefox will be ...

  1. Firefox 2.0.0.13 can't connect

    I'm having a problem similar to that reported by many other users - Firefox
    cannot connect, but IE can. The problem started only recently, perhaps with
    the upgrade to 2.0.0.13.

    But for me the problem is intermittent. Firefox will be unable to connect to
    any web site for a period of approximately 30 seconds to five minutes. Then
    everything's back to normal.

    While Firefox is out of action, trying to connect to sites, IE works fine.

    I have not added any new Add-ons for many months.

    None of the links I've seen posted here regarding connection problems seem
    to apply in this case.

  2. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.13 can't connect

    Paul Pedersen wrote:
    > I'm having a problem similar to that reported by many other users - Firefox
    > cannot connect, but IE can. The problem started only recently, perhaps with
    > the upgrade to 2.0.0.13.
    >
    > But for me the problem is intermittent. Firefox will be unable to connect to
    > any web site for a period of approximately 30 seconds to five minutes. Then
    > everything's back to normal.
    >
    > While Firefox is out of action, trying to connect to sites, IE works fine.
    >

    > I have not added any new Add-ons for many months.
    >

    > None of the links I've seen posted here regarding connection problems seem
    > to apply in this case.

    The intermittent nature of the problem is strange, but I would still
    want to check your firewall settings, to make sure the new version of FF
    is allowed access.

    Lee

  3. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.13 can't connect

    "Leonidas Jones" wrote in message
    news:R5GdnZJB4_9dhWXanZ2dnUVZ_vHinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Paul Pedersen wrote:
    >> I'm having a problem similar to that reported by many other users -
    >> Firefox cannot connect, but IE can. The problem started only recently,
    >> perhaps with the upgrade to 2.0.0.13.
    >>
    >> But for me the problem is intermittent. Firefox will be unable to connect
    >> to any web site for a period of approximately 30 seconds to five minutes.
    >> Then everything's back to normal.
    >>
    >> While Firefox is out of action, trying to connect to sites, IE works
    >> fine.
    >>

    >> I have not added any new Add-ons for many months.
    >>

    >> None of the links I've seen posted here regarding connection problems
    >> seem to apply in this case.
    >>

    > The intermittent nature of the problem is strange, but I would still want
    > to check your firewall settings, to make sure the new version of FF is
    > allowed access.
    >
    > Lee

    Windows Firewall is off. There is no other software firewall.

    My router blocks nothing.

+ Reply to Thread