Extension like Adblock - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Extension like Adblock - Mozilla ; I'm searching for an extension with functionality like adblock or adblock pluss for Fx 3.0. The build of AdBlock is terminated, AdBlock pluss always made my browser more slow. when i'm using Fx 2.0 i installed Adblock pluss and then ...

  1. Extension like Adblock

    I'm searching for an extension with functionality like adblock or
    adblock pluss for Fx 3.0.
    The build of AdBlock is terminated, AdBlock pluss always made my browser
    more slow.
    when i'm using Fx 2.0 i installed Adblock pluss and then Fx slowdown, in
    Fx 3.0 is equal sometimes and other not.

  2. Re: Extension like Adblock

    "gato2008chile" ...
    > I'm searching for an extension with functionality like adblock or adblock pluss for Fx 3.0.
    > The build of AdBlock is terminated, AdBlock pluss always made my browser more slow.
    > when i'm using Fx 2.0 i installed Adblock pluss and then Fx slowdown, in Fx 3.0 is equal sometimes and other not.

    You are testing, if you want to test the functionality of Fx 3.0 along
    with either of those extensions, and they are not updated you would
    have to turn off compatibility testing by creating
    extensions.checkCompatibility and setting to False
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firef...bilitydisabled

    Adblock available at http://adblock.mozdev.org/
    still works though it is unlikely you will see the maxVersion
    get updated, despite being less prone to problems than it's newer cousin

    Adblock Plus available
    at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865
    but without the green install button you would have to get it from
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir.../versions/1865
    if the version is later than what you have.

    --
    HTH,

  3. Re: Extension like Adblock

    I strongly suggest you use the latest *development* version of Adblock
    Plus on Fx 3.0, currently adblockplus-0.7.5.3+.2008040421. Get it
    from the Installation link on
    http://adblockplus.org/development-b...lock-plus-0754.

    Could be your slowdown problem is caused by using a large number of
    regular expression filters. Adblock Plus has several up-to-date
    filter sets available which have been optimized for Adblock Plus. I
    use the EasyList and EasyElement filter sets and don't have any
    slowdown issues on Fx 2.0.0.13. I hope it works well for you too.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.13)
    Gecko/20080311 Firefox/2.0.0.13
    adblockplus-0.7.5.3+.2008040421
    --
    "Trim your follow-ups."