Using V.2 with V.3 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Using V.2 with V.3 - Mozilla ; Will trying FF3 beta 5 damage my V.2 profile?...

  1. Using V.2 with V.3

    Will trying FF3 beta 5 damage my V.2 profile?

  2. Re: Using V.2 with V.3

    On 04-04-2008 20:02 CET, nobody composed this enchanting statement:
    > Will trying FF3 beta 5 damage my V.2 profile?

    May be, may be not. The release notes never bothered to explain that
    part. Probably, the approach is to be upward compatible. Thus, Fx 3 can
    handle a Fx 2 profile and its legacy of conventies.

    I would advise to create a second profile for using Fx 3 beta. Take care
    not to switch profiles and versions. The best is to create shortcuts for
    each, such as: firefox.exe -p profilename

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  3. Re: Using V.2 with V.3

    nobody schrieb:
    > Will trying FF3 beta 5 damage my V.2 profile?

    Better use a separate profile. Things are different like bookmarks etc.

    Klaus
    --
    Linux User #54760

  4. Re: Using V.2 with V.3

    Klaus Krtschil wrote:
    > nobody schrieb:
    >> Will trying FF3 beta 5 damage my V.2 profile?

    > Better use a separate profile. Things are different like bookmarks etc.
    >
    > Klaus

    Thank you both.

  5. Re: Using V.2 with V.3

    On 04-04-2008 21:08 CET, nobody composed this enchanting statement:
    > Klaus Krtschil wrote:
    >> nobody schrieb:
    >>> Will trying FF3 beta 5 damage my V.2 profile?

    >> Better use a separate profile. Things are different like bookmarks etc.
    >>
    >> Klaus

    > Thank you both.

    Take care, before you install Firefox 3 beta backup your Firefox 2
    profile folder:

    and do carefully read this article:

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  6. Re: Using V.2 with V.3

    On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 13:02:29 -0500, nobody wrote:

    > Will trying FF3 beta 5 damage my V.2 profile?

    use portable ff3b5

  7. Re: Using V.2 with V.3

    Melchert Fruitema schrieb:
    > On 04-04-2008 21:08 CET, nobody composed this enchanting statement:
    >> Klaus Krtschil wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Better use a separate profile. Things are different like bookmarks etc.
    >>>
    >>> Klaus

    >> Thank you both.

    > Take care, before you install Firefox 3 beta backup your Firefox 2
    > profile folder:
    >

    > and do carefully read this article:

    I`d like to underline this. When I reported severe loading problems in
    FF 2.0.0.13 (inflicting both Thunderbird and IE7) last week, this was
    obviously due to a damaged Firefox 2 profile caused by an inconsiderate
    parallel installation of FF 3.

+ Reply to Thread