Blocking images (& other elements) in a page? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Blocking images (& other elements) in a page? - Mozilla ; What's an easy way to block various images, flash, etc from showing up in a page? For instance, in Opera, there is an easy way to block various content, which makes it much easier if I want to print an ...

  1. Blocking images (& other elements) in a page?

    What's an easy way to block various images, flash, etc from showing up
    in a page? For instance, in Opera, there is an easy way to block various
    content, which makes it much easier if I want to print an article
    without any advertisement. Couldn't find anything similar in Firefox 3
    beta 5...

    Thanks,
    Simon

  2. Re: Blocking images (& other elements) in a page?

    On 4/4/2008 9:25 AM, user@domain.invalid wrote:
    > What's an easy way to block various images, flash, etc from showing up
    > in a page? For instance, in Opera, there is an easy way to block
    > various content, which makes it much easier if I want to print an
    > article without any advertisement. Couldn't find anything similar in
    > Firefox 3 beta 5...
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Simon

    Try extension Adblock Plus.

    wing

  3. Re: Blocking images (& other elements) in a page?

    Wing wrote:
    > On 4/4/2008 9:25 AM, user@domain.invalid wrote:
    >> What's an easy way to block various images, flash, etc from showing up
    >> in a page? For instance, in Opera, there is an easy way to block
    >> various content, which makes it much easier if I want to print an
    >> article without any advertisement. Couldn't find anything similar in
    >> Firefox 3 beta 5...
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Simon

    > Try extension Adblock Plus.

    At this time Adblock Plus (or as near as I can tell, any flavor of
    adblock) does not work with FF3 beta 5.

  4. Re: Blocking images (& other elements) in a page?

    On 4/4/2008 12:25 PM, user@domain.invalid wrote:
    > What's an easy way to block various images, flash, etc from showing up
    > in a page? For instance, in Opera, there is an easy way to block various
    > content, which makes it much easier if I want to print an article
    > without any advertisement. Couldn't find anything similar in Firefox 3
    > beta 5...
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Simon

    You should be able to right-click on an image and and select "Block Images from
    [ServerName]".

    I have this code in userContent.css to block Flash content. Thunderbird 3.0a
    does not seem to support all .css mods so I am not sure if this will work in
    Firefox Beta.

    /* Start of .css listing */
    /* Block Flash animations from playing until you click on them. */
    object[classid$="27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"],
    object[codebase*="swflash.cab"],
    object[type="application/x-shockwave-flash"],
    embed[type="application/x-shockwave-flash"],
    embed[src$=".swf"]
    { -moz-binding: url("http://www.squarefree.com/turing/clickToView.xml#ctv"); }
    /* End of .css listing */

    Keep watching for new extensions, more should be available as the release
    candidate approaches.

    --
    G. R. Woodring

+ Reply to Thread