safe mode on a Mac? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on safe mode on a Mac? - Mozilla ; How do I start FF in safe mode on a Mac (OS 10.5.2)? Got a site that doesn't work properly and want to check on conflicts. Maybe someone else on a Mac can try the site; it works as advertised ...

  1. safe mode on a Mac?

    How do I start FF in safe mode on a Mac (OS 10.5.2)? Got a site that
    doesn't work properly and want to check on conflicts.

    Maybe someone else on a Mac can try the site; it works as advertised on
    Windoze: www.beta.tokbox.com.

    Thanks!

  2. Re: safe mode on a Mac?

    On 4/4/08 10:35 AM, _Stephen Fox_ spoke thusly:
    > How do I start FF in safe mode on a Mac (OS 10.5.2)? Got a site that
    > doesn't work properly and want to check on conflicts.
    >
    > Maybe someone else on a Mac can try the site; it works as advertised on
    > Windoze: www.beta.tokbox.com.

    See .
    --
    Chris Ilias

  3. Re: safe mode on a Mac?

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > On 4/4/08 10:35 AM, _Stephen Fox_ spoke thusly:
    >> How do I start FF in safe mode on a Mac (OS 10.5.2)? Got a site that
    >> doesn't work properly and want to check on conflicts.
    >>
    >> Maybe someone else on a Mac can try the site; it works as advertised
    >> on Windoze: www.beta.tokbox.com.

    > See .

    Thanks Chris. Ran it is Safe Mode but problem still exists. The folks
    at TokBox can't duplicate my problem, so I wonder if it's my machine or
    more pervasive. Know anyone who can try the URL on a Mac? Thanks.

    --

    *Steve*
    Browse My Books

  4. Re: safe mode on a Mac?

    Stephen Fox wrote:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >> On 4/4/08 10:35 AM, _Stephen Fox_ spoke thusly:
    >>> How do I start FF in safe mode on a Mac (OS 10.5.2)? Got a site that
    >>> doesn't work properly and want to check on conflicts.
    >>>
    >>> Maybe someone else on a Mac can try the site; it works as advertised
    >>> on Windoze: www.beta.tokbox.com.

    >> See .

    > Thanks Chris. Ran it is Safe Mode but problem still exists. The folks
    > at TokBox can't duplicate my problem, so I wonder if it's my machine or
    > more pervasive. Know anyone who can try the URL on a Mac? Thanks.

    I get Address not Found.

    Lee

  5. Re: safe mode on a Mac?

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Stephen Fox wrote:
    >> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>> On 4/4/08 10:35 AM, _Stephen Fox_ spoke thusly:

    >>> See .

    >> Thanks Chris. Ran it is Safe Mode but problem still exists. The
    >> folks at TokBox can't duplicate my problem, so I wonder if it's my
    >> machine or more pervasive. Know anyone who can try the URL on a
    >> Mac? Thanks.
    >>

    > I get Address not Found.
    >
    > Lee

    Lee,

    FYI and other interested parties, I tried the site on Safari and get the
    same result as with FF: a mostly blank, light blue window. Appears not
    to be a FF or Safari issue. Any idea what might be causing this on my
    new iMac (OS 10.5.2)? Thanks!

    --

    *Steve*
    Browse My Books
    Genealogy, News & Information
    My Cycling Journals

  6. Re: safe mode on a Mac?

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Stephen Fox wrote:
    >> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>> On 4/4/08 10:35 AM, _Stephen Fox_ spoke thusly:

    >>> See .

    >> Thanks Chris. Ran it is Safe Mode but problem still exists. The
    >> folks at TokBox can't duplicate my problem, so I wonder if it's my
    >> machine or more pervasive. Know anyone who can try the URL on a
    >> Mac? Thanks.
    >>

    > I get Address not Found.
    >
    > Lee

    Lee,

    My mistake. Leave out the "www." Hence, http://beta.tokbox.com.
    Please give it another shot on your Mac. Thanks!

    --

    *Steve*
    Browse My Books
    Genealogy, News & Information
    My Cycling Journals

  7. Re: safe mode on a Mac?

    Stephen Fox wrote:
    > How do I start FF in safe mode on a Mac (OS 10.5.2)? Got a site that
    > doesn't work properly and want to check on conflicts.
    >
    > Maybe someone else on a Mac can try the site; it works as advertised
    > on Windoze: www.beta.tokbox.com.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Folks at TokBox asked that we not use the Beta site. Not ready for
    uncontrolled release yet. Thanks. My mistake.

    --

    *Steve*
    Browse My Books
    Genealogy, News & Information
    My Cycling Journals

  8. Re: safe mode on a Mac?

    Stephen Fox wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Stephen Fox wrote:

    >>> Thanks Chris. Ran it is Safe Mode but problem still exists. The
    >>> folks at TokBox can't duplicate my problem, so I wonder if it's my
    >>> machine or more pervasive. Know anyone who can try the URL on a
    >>> Mac? Thanks.
    >>>

    >> I get Address not Found.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Lee,
    >
    > My mistake. Leave out the "www." Hence, http://beta.tokbox.com.
    > Please give it another shot on your Mac. Thanks!

    Working just fine on y Intel core duo, running Leopard, 10.5.2, and my
    iMac G5, also on Leopard.

    Its all Flash. Try aboutlugins, and see what flash version you have
    installed.

    Lee

  9. Re: safe mode on a Mac?

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Stephen Fox wrote:

    >>> I get Address not Found.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> Lee,
    >>
    >> My mistake. Leave out the "www." Hence, http://beta.tokbox.com.
    >> Please give it another shot on your Mac. Thanks!
    >>

    > Working just fine on y Intel core duo, running Leopard, 10.5.2, and my
    > iMac G5, also on Leopard.
    >
    > Its all Flash. Try aboutlugins, and see what flash version you have
    > installed.
    >
    > Lee

    TokBox folks thought Flash Player also. I un-installed and re-installed
    latest ver. yesterday. No help. Something else, obviously.

    Here's what aboutlugins says: Shockwave Flash 9.0 r115

    Any other possibilities?

    --

    *Steve*
    Browse My Books
    Genealogy, News & Information
    My Cycling Journals

  10. Re: safe mode on a Mac?

    Stephen Fox wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Stephen Fox wrote:

    >>> Lee,
    >>>
    >>> My mistake. Leave out the "www." Hence, http://beta.tokbox.com.
    >>> Please give it another shot on your Mac. Thanks!
    >>>

    >> Working just fine on y Intel core duo, running Leopard, 10.5.2, and my
    >> iMac G5, also on Leopard.
    >>
    >> Its all Flash. Try aboutlugins, and see what flash version you have
    >> installed.
    >>
    >> Lee
    >>

    > TokBox folks thought Flash Player also. I un-installed and re-installed
    > latest ver. yesterday. No help. Something else, obviously.
    >
    > Here's what aboutlugins says: Shockwave Flash 9.0 r115
    >
    > Any other possibilities?

    Clear the cache?

    Lee

  11. Re: safe mode on a Mac?

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Stephen Fox wrote:

    >>> Working just fine on y Intel core duo, running Leopard, 10.5.2, and
    >>> my iMac G5, also on Leopard.
    >>>
    >>> Its all Flash. Try aboutlugins, and see what flash version you
    >>> have installed.
    >>>
    >>> Lee
    >>>

    >> TokBox folks thought Flash Player also. I un-installed and
    >> re-installed latest ver. yesterday. No help. Something else,
    >> obviously.
    >>
    >> Here's what aboutlugins says: Shockwave Flash 9.0 r115
    >>
    >> Any other possibilities?
    >>

    > Clear the cache?
    >
    > Lee

    Yes. Same old, same old. :-(