Plugins Portable Firefox - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Plugins Portable Firefox - Mozilla ; I have Portable Firefox v.3 Beta 5 installed on a flash drive and wish to install a plugin. I have placed the plugins executable in the Plugin Directory on the flash drive and have executed it. Evidently the installation is ...

  1. Plugins Portable Firefox

    I have Portable Firefox v.3 Beta 5 installed on a flash drive and wish to
    install a plugin. I have placed the plugins executable in the Plugin
    Directory on the flash drive and have executed it. Evidently the
    installation is done on the hard drive rather than the flash drive and the
    portable application does not receive the plugin, in this case, the Windows
    Media Player (which is required to play Beethoven Radio).

    Is there some way this plugin can be installed on the flash drive?

    Cathie

  2. Re: Plugins Portable Firefox

    Experimenting around, I found the answer.

    The plugin was installed to the Data Partition on my hard drive in a
    directory called "PFiles". Digging down, I eventually found the plugin and
    cut it to the Plugin Directory on my flash drive, Firefox Portable Test \
    Data \ Plugins.

    Firefox Portable now plays using WiMP.

    Cathie

    "Cathie" wrote in message
    news:PLGdnZz4M5hzrmjanZ2dnUVZ_hKdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >I have Portable Firefox v.3 Beta 5 installed on a flash drive and wish to
    >install a plugin. I have placed the plugins executable in the Plugin
    >Directory on the flash drive and have executed it. Evidently the
    >installation is done on the hard drive rather than the flash drive and the
    >portable application does not receive the plugin, in this case, the Windows
    >Media Player (which is required to play Beethoven Radio).
    >
    > Is there some way this plugin can be installed on the flash drive?
    >
    > Cathie

  3. Re: Plugins Portable Firefox

    Cathie wrote:
    > Experimenting around, I found the answer.
    >
    > The plugin was installed to the Data Partition on my hard drive in a
    > directory called "PFiles". Digging down, I eventually found the plugin
    > and cut it to the Plugin Directory on my flash drive, Firefox Portable
    > Test \ Data \ Plugins.
    >
    > Firefox Portable now plays using WiMP.
    >
    > Cathie
    >

    > "Cathie" wrote in message
    > news:PLGdnZz4M5hzrmjanZ2dnUVZ_hKdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> I have Portable Firefox v.3 Beta 5 installed on a flash drive and wish
    >> to install a plugin. I have placed the plugins executable in the
    >> Plugin Directory on the flash drive and have executed it. Evidently
    >> the installation is done on the hard drive rather than the flash drive
    >> and the portable application does not receive the plugin, in this
    >> case, the Windows Media Player (which is required to play Beethoven
    >> Radio).
    >>
    >> Is there some way this plugin can be installed on the flash drive?
    >>
    >> Cathie

    The only concern with plugins and protables, is that if the plugin is
    not installed on the host machine, it will not run on the run on the
    portable ap.

    Make sure you test your fix on a machine that does not have the plugin
    installed.

    Lee

  4. Re: Plugins Portable Firefox

    Cathie wrote:
    > I have Portable Firefox v.3 Beta 5 installed on a flash drive and wish
    > to install a plugin. I have placed the plugins executable in the Plugin
    > Directory on the flash drive and have executed it. Evidently the
    > installation is done on the hard drive rather than the flash drive and
    > the portable application does not receive the plugin, in this case, the
    > Windows Media Player (which is required to play Beethoven Radio).
    >
    > Is there some way this plugin can be installed on the flash drive?
    >
    > Cathie

    Opera can play windows media files via its' inbuilt plug-in set

+ Reply to Thread