FF 2.0.0.13 not blocking zedo popups - Mozilla

This is a discussion on FF 2.0.0.13 not blocking zedo popups - Mozilla ; In Tools/Options/Content/Exceptions - I note there are no exceptions for popup blocking and the check box is check to block. Yet zedo and cassel(somethin or another) successfully clutter my screen all the time. How do I block these? I thought ...

  1. FF 2.0.0.13 not blocking zedo popups

    In Tools/Options/Content/Exceptions - I note there are no exceptions
    for popup blocking and the check box is check to block. Yet zedo and
    cassel(somethin or another) successfully clutter my screen all the
    time. How do I block these? I thought FF was supposed to be able to
    block these. ??

    Michael Medwid

  2. Re: FF 2.0.0.13 not blocking zedo popups

    Michael Medwid wrote:
    > In Tools/Options/Content/Exceptions - I note there are no exceptions
    > for popup blocking and the check box is check to block. Yet zedo and
    > cassel(somethin or another) successfully clutter my screen all the
    > time. How do I block these? I thought FF was supposed to be able to
    > block these. ??
    >
    > Michael Medwid

    I get this too but with party polka windows, hence my preferred browser
    now made in Finland.

  3. Re: FF 2.0.0.13 not blocking zedo popups

    "crypto" wrote: ...
    > Michael Medwid wrote:
    >> In Tools/Options/Content/Exceptions - I note there are no exceptions
    >> for popup blocking and the check box is check to block. Yet zedo and
    >> cassel(somethin or another) successfully clutter my screen all the
    >> time. How do I block these? I thought FF was supposed to be able to
    >> block these. ??
    >>
    >> Michael Medwid

    > I get this too but with party polka windows, hence my preferred browser
    > now made in Finland.

    I actually have the popup blocking unchecked (it varies), but I never
    rely on it. What I use is "Adblock" extension to block them based on their url,

    I already had *zedo.* as a blocker which I can turn off
    to look at http://www.pchell.com/support/poweredbyzedo.shtml
    or whitelist that page
    where you can see a list of their ad networks and make up blockers accordingly:
    xads.zedo.com perhaps *xads.* and *zedo.*
    upspiral.com perhaps *upspiral.com*
    searchlocal.ws
    aavalue.com
    url.cpvfeed.com
    If you are getting the ads you will probably have to read the article for
    removal instructions.

    --
    HTH,