Won't load pages - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Won't load pages - Mozilla ; I just upgraded ( foolishly ) to 2.0.0,13 and can no longer log in to Wheel of fortune's site. http://wvw.sonypictures.com/spacer.g...m/en/home/wof/ Has anyone else had this problem? I waited to upgrade until I saw that most of the problems weren't showing ...

  1. Won't load pages

    I just upgraded ( foolishly ) to 2.0.0,13 and can no longer log in to Wheel
    of fortune's site.
    http://wvw.sonypictures.com/spacer.g...m/en/home/wof/
    Has anyone else had this problem?
    I waited to upgrade until I saw that most of the problems weren't showing
    up here anymore, but apparently not long enough.
    How can I go back to 2.0.0.12?
    Please anyone.
    Thanks,
    Art

    --
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure
    about the universe

  2. Re: Won't load pages

    On 4/1/2008 5:50 PM, avstorm wrote:
    > I just upgraded ( foolishly ) to 2.0.0,13 and can no longer log in to Wheel
    > of fortune's site.
    > http://wvw.sonypictures.com/spacer.g...m/en/home/wof/
    > Has anyone else had this problem?
    > I waited to upgrade until I saw that most of the problems weren't showing
    > up here anymore, but apparently not long enough.
    > How can I go back to 2.0.0.12?
    > Please anyone.
    > Thanks,
    > Art

    That link doesn't load a page in IE either. If you read it closely,
    it's a link to a spacer image.
    Dave Pyles

  3. Re: Won't load pages

    "avstorm" wrote in message news:q7WdnZwveomRM2_anZ2dnUVZ_h2pnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >I just upgraded ( foolishly ) to 2.0.0,13 and can no longer log in to Wheel of fortune's site.
    > http://wvw.sonypictures.com/spacer.g...m/en/home/wof/
    > Has anyone else had this problem?
    > I waited to upgrade until I saw that most of the problems weren't showing up here anymore, but apparently not long enough.
    > How can I go back to 2.0.0.12?

    At first glance it looks like phishing or tracking, but it does appear
    that all domains are part of the same, so
    Try this http://www.wheeloffortune.com/

    You could then get to http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/wof/
    which would run a video so you might have a redirect remover installed
    on your system, or if you can't see the video in the frame have a problem
    with Flash files..

    --
    HTH,

  4. Re: Won't load pages

    David, the second link you put in works just fine. Do you have any idea why
    the link I sent won't work?
    I've been using it ever since I got rid of IE ( good move ) and never had a
    problem.
    Since I posted the first question, I've uninstalled FF and reinstalled with
    no joy.
    That link works just fine now, and I probably should have tried it in the
    first place.
    Oh well.............
    Thanks much.
    Art

    "David McRitchie" wrote in message
    news:jqidnQVwcpvXLm_anZ2dnUVZ_gCdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > "avstorm" wrote in message
    > news:q7WdnZwveomRM2_anZ2dnUVZ_h2pnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >>I just upgraded ( foolishly ) to 2.0.0,13 and can no longer log in to
    >>Wheel of fortune's site.
    >> http://wvw.sonypictures.com/spacer.g...m/en/home/wof/
    >> Has anyone else had this problem?
    >> I waited to upgrade until I saw that most of the problems weren't
    >> showing up here anymore, but apparently not long enough.
    >> How can I go back to 2.0.0.12?

    > At first glance it looks like phishing or tracking, but it does appear
    > that all domains are part of the same, so
    > Try this http://www.wheeloffortune.com/
    >
    > You could then get to http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/wof/
    > which would run a video so you might have a redirect remover installed
    > on your system, or if you can't see the video in the frame have a problem
    > with Flash files..
    >

    > --
    > HTH,
    > David McRitchie, extensions I use are briefly documented on my site
    > Firefox Custom: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

  5. Re: Won't load pages

    avstorm has written on 4/1/2008 5:50 PM:
    > I just upgraded ( foolishly ) to 2.0.0,13 and can no longer log in to Wheel
    > of fortune's site.
    > http://wvw.sonypictures.com/spacer.g...m/en/home/wof/

    The login screen is at http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/wof/

    I don't have an account so I can't test it.
    --
    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

  6. Re: Won't load pages

    avstorm wrote:
    > I just upgraded ( foolishly ) to 2.0.0,13 and can no longer log in to Wheel
    > of fortune's site.
    > http://wvw.sonypictures.com/spacer.g...m/en/home/wof/
    > Has anyone else had this problem?
    > I waited to upgrade until I saw that most of the problems weren't showing
    > up here anymore, but apparently not long enough.
    > How can I go back to 2.0.0.12?
    > Please anyone.
    > Thanks,
    > Art

    I wouldn't change browser versions on the basis of a site that displays
    only a 1x1 GIF image, even with IE.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  7. Re: Won't load pages

    "avstorm" ...
    > David, the second link you put in works just fine. Do you have any idea why
    > the link I sent won't work?

    Probably because they decided to use a different method of tracking
    you, such as finding out where you came from. Expect you
    copied the link from a page rather than the url of the
    page once you got there. Possibly it would not accept
    being directly linked to without a proper referrer at the time.

  8. Re: Won't load pages

    I just put the page in as a bookmark once I got there and it worked through
    all the FF versions from 2.0.0.6 thru 12 but quit when I upgraded to 13.
    Oh well...... it works fine now thanks to you.
    Art

+ Reply to Thread