firefox doesn't work suddenly - Mozilla

This is a discussion on firefox doesn't work suddenly - Mozilla ; Today, my firefox was doing its automatically update. But afterwards, the firefox doen't work at all. IWhen I clicked the firefox icon on desktop, it opened up to a "problem loading page", and said that serve cannot be found.I cannot ...

  1. firefox doesn't work suddenly

    Today, my firefox was doing its automatically update. But afterwards, the firefox doen't work at all. IWhen I clicked the firefox icon on desktop, it opened up to a "problem loading page", and said that serve cannot be found.I cannot open any website. It also said that it was even unable to check the update. It said that problem could be the connection of the network or protected by firewall or proxy. I have checked the firewall, it doesn't block the firefox.

    I had tried to run the I.E; but I.E. works fine. I had uninstalled Firefox and then re-install it. It still has the same problem.

    My firefox 2.0.0.13 version, run on Windows XP.

    Lisa

    ---------------------------------

  2. Re: firefox doesn't work suddenly

    On 30-03-2008 08:29 CET, Lisa composed this enchanting statement:
    > Today, my firefox was doing its automatically update. But afterwards, the firefox doen't work at all. IWhen I clicked the firefox icon on desktop, it opened up to a "problem loading page", and said that serve cannot be found.I cannot open any website. It also said that it was even unable to check the update. It said that problem could be the connection of the network or protected by firewall or proxy. I have checked the firewall, it doesn't block the firefox.
    >
    > I had tried to run the I.E; but I.E. works fine. I had uninstalled Firefox and then re-install it. It still has the same problem.
    >
    > My firefox 2.0.0.13 version, run on Windows XP.

    I have a few questions for analysis.

    How do you know the firewall does not block Firefox 2.0.0.13, are you sure?

    Did the auto update finish:
    - did you allow the restart immediately, or did you delay it until later,
    - was the Updater started,
    - did the first window on the restart of Fx confirm that the update was
    successfully completed?

    Anyway, as you did re-install Fx 2.0.0.13, the user profile that you
    were using can give you problems, if the auto update earlier did not
    finish normally.

    You may want to read this article:

    --
    Kind regards,