"Incorrect Message Authentication Code" Error - Mozilla

This is a discussion on "Incorrect Message Authentication Code" Error - Mozilla ; Hi! Everytime I login at the german Vodafone (https secured) page I get an error saying that www.vodafone.de has received a Message with "incorrect message authentication code" and i should "contact the website administrator". I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.13 on Windows ...

  1. "Incorrect Message Authentication Code" Error

    Hi!

    Everytime I login at the german Vodafone (https secured) page I get an
    error saying that www.vodafone.de has received a Message with "incorrect
    message authentication code" and i should "contact the website
    administrator".

    I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.13 on Windows XP Professional SP2: (Mozilla/5.0
    (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.13) Gecko/20080311
    Firefox/2.0.0.13)

    Same version on my notebook does not produce the error message, also
    Internet Explorer has no problem accessing the site.
    I have no troubles using other SSL sites.

    What's wrong here? Is it a problem with my machine or a problem at
    Vodafone (as the error message suggests)?

    Julian

  2. Re: "Incorrect Message Authentication Code" Error

    On 29-03-2008 17:30 CET, Julian Lamberty composed this enchanting
    statement:
    > Hi!
    >
    > Everytime I login at the german Vodafone (https secured) page I get an
    > error saying that www.vodafone.de has received a Message with
    > "incorrect message authentication code" and i should "contact the
    > website administrator".
    >
    > I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.13 on Windows XP Professional SP2:
    > (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.13)
    > Gecko/20080311 Firefox/2.0.0.13)
    >
    > Same version on my notebook does not produce the error message, also
    > Internet Explorer has no problem accessing the site.
    > I have no troubles using other SSL sites.
    >
    > What's wrong here? Is it a problem with my machine or a problem at
    > Vodafone (as the error message suggests)?

    .... and did you contact the web master on that authentication code error
    message?

    Something wrong here, as well: I got a 'connection reset' for the site map:

    even before it could show up. (The tab window was closed, I think. Not
    sure, though.)

    On the second attempt, the page being selected on the hit list when
    searching on the word 'iPhone', the site map was presented in all its glory.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  3. Re: "Incorrect Message Authentication Code" Error

    On 29.03.2008 17:30, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Julian
    Lamberty to generate the following:? :
    > Hi!
    >
    > Everytime I login at the german Vodafone (https secured) page I get an
    > error saying that www.vodafone.de has received a Message with "incorrect
    > message authentication code" and i should "contact the website
    > administrator".
    >
    > I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.13 on Windows XP Professional SP2: (Mozilla/5.0
    > (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.13) Gecko/20080311
    > Firefox/2.0.0.13)
    >
    > Same version on my notebook does not produce the error message, also
    > Internet Explorer has no problem accessing the site.
    > I have no troubles using other SSL sites.
    >
    > What's wrong here? Is it a problem with my machine or a problem at
    > Vodafone (as the error message suggests)?
    >
    > Julian

    try deleting any cookies that Vodafon has set on your system!
    may help, may not!

    reg

  4. Re: "Incorrect Message Authentication Code" Error

    Julian Lamberty wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > Everytime I login at the german Vodafone (https secured) page I get an
    > error saying that www.vodafone.de has received a Message with "incorrect
    > message authentication code" and i should "contact the website
    > administrator".
    >
    > I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.13 on Windows XP Professional SP2: (Mozilla/5.0
    > (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.13) Gecko/20080311
    > Firefox/2.0.0.13)
    >
    > Same version on my notebook does not produce the error message, also
    > Internet Explorer has no problem accessing the site.
    > I have no troubles using other SSL sites.
    >
    > What's wrong here? Is it a problem with my machine or a problem at
    > Vodafone (as the error message suggests)?
    >
    > Julian

    Page looks fine here on FF 3.0b4, although it is a rather complex page,
    and loads slowly, and has a lot of Javascript, it seems.

  5. Re: "Incorrect Message Authentication Code" Error

    On 3/29/2008 8:33 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Julian Lamberty wrote:
    >> Hi!
    >>
    >> Everytime I login at the german Vodafone (https secured) page I get an
    >> error saying that www.vodafone.de has received a Message with
    >> "incorrect message authentication code" and i should "contact the
    >> website administrator".
    >>
    >> I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.13 on Windows XP Professional SP2:
    >> (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.13)
    >> Gecko/20080311 Firefox/2.0.0.13)
    >>
    >> Same version on my notebook does not produce the error message, also
    >> Internet Explorer has no problem accessing the site.
    >> I have no troubles using other SSL sites.
    >>
    >> What's wrong here? Is it a problem with my machine or a problem at
    >> Vodafone (as the error message suggests)?
    >>
    >> Julian

    > Page looks fine here on FF 3.0b4, although it is a rather complex page,
    > and loads slowly, and has a lot of Javascript, it seems.

    Looks fine here with 2.0.0.13 Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0;
    en-US; rv:1.8.1.13) Gecko/20080311 Firefox/2.0.0.13 Mnenhy/0.7.5.666 -
    Build ID: 2008031114
    Dave Pyles

  6. Re: "Incorrect Message Authentication Code" Error

    squaredancer schrieb:
    > On 29.03.2008 17:30, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Julian
    > Lamberty to generate the following:? :
    >> Hi!
    >>
    >> Everytime I login at the german Vodafone (https secured) page I get an
    >> error saying that www.vodafone.de has received a Message with
    >> "incorrect message authentication code" and i should "contact the
    >> website administrator".
    >>
    >> I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.13 on Windows XP Professional SP2:
    >> (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.13)
    >> Gecko/20080311 Firefox/2.0.0.13)
    >>
    >> Same version on my notebook does not produce the error message, also
    >> Internet Explorer has no problem accessing the site.
    >> I have no troubles using other SSL sites.
    >>
    >> What's wrong here? Is it a problem with my machine or a problem at
    >> Vodafone (as the error message suggests)?
    >>
    >> Julian
    >>

    > try deleting any cookies that Vodafon has set on your system!
    > may help, may not!
    >
    > reg

    I did contact the administrator but, guess what, got no reply until now
    I deleted all cookies as well as trying a fresh install of FF. My
    machine seems not to like that site (or to be precise the SSL part of
    the site).
    It's properly displayed on every other machine I tried, but whats the
    problem?!

    Julian

+ Reply to Thread