Reply to Goodbye Firefox (and maybe Thunderbird) - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Reply to Goodbye Firefox (and maybe Thunderbird) - Mozilla ; Andy wrote: "I'll try you again after a build or two, if they sort out this bug." Andy, if you are reading this, as a Mozilla newbie I totally understand your frustration and I personally believe from my own experience ...

  1. Reply to Goodbye Firefox (and maybe Thunderbird)

    Andy wrote:

    "I'll try you again after a build or two, if they sort out this bug."

    Andy, if you are reading this, as a Mozilla newbie I totally understand your frustration and I personally believe from my own experience the last few weeks that there are mucho bugs in all things Mozilla but I continually hear and read that this browser is supposed to be more secure than Internet Explorer and that's why I'm here.

    I will tell you I am very, very close to saying GOODBYE because of this. So many things don't work and there are tons of things Mozilla doesn't offer. Examples: 1) I cannot get Print Preview extension to work no matter what I do and I've been at it for some time. 2) Mozilla does not offer or _*make it easy*_ to use any stationery that you want in their mail program which is high on my list. I could go on for a while here band I am joining forums, subscribing to lists and practically memorizing their Knowledge Base and more because Mozilla is so highly regarded.

    I am close to throwing up my hands but still hanging in there for now. Some people have been extremely polite and helpful to my posts and a few have been the opposite, sad to say. :-(

    I am wondering if any of my problems have to do with my ESET Security Suite (Nod32) or my Vista Premium Home Edition. I *_always_* check the requirements before I install them to make sure they are compatible with my FF2 and with Vista, always. So, like you, I am at the end of my rope. I only wish I could get solutions to the problems I post. So far, the only solution that I achieved success at was with filtering mail. This will make you laugh. Stupid me. I set all the filters up while I was sandboxed. Later I emptied out my sandbox and guess what? Lost all my filters. Just thought I'd add some humor to this post. :-[

    I hope I do not end up following you out of here. I want the security but I hate the fact that there is sooooooo much that /*cannot*/ be done with Foxfire and all things Mozilla. Such a shame. You'd thing after all this time that they would've caught up with the competition. Oh well. :-\

  2. Re: Reply to Goodbye Firefox (and maybe Thunderbird)

    Patricia F. Stone wrote:
    > Andy wrote:
    >
    > "I'll try you again after a build or two, if they sort out this bug."
    >
    > Andy, if you are reading this, as a Mozilla newbie I totally understand
    > your frustration and I personally believe from my own experience the
    > last few weeks that there are mucho bugs in all things Mozilla but I
    > continually hear and read that this browser is supposed to be more
    > secure than Internet Explorer and that's why I'm here.
    >
    > I will tell you I am very, very close to saying GOODBYE because of
    > this. So many things don't work and there are tons of things Mozilla
    > doesn't offer. Examples: 1) I cannot get Print Preview extension to
    > work no matter what I do and I've been at it for some time. 2) Mozilla
    > does not offer or _*make it easy*_ to use any stationery that you want
    > in their mail program which is high on my list. I could go on for a
    > while here band I am joining forums, subscribing to lists and
    > practically memorizing their Knowledge Base and more because Mozilla is
    > so highly regarded.
    > I am close to throwing up my hands but still hanging in there for now.
    > Some people have been extremely polite and helpful to my posts and a few
    > have been the opposite, sad to say. :-(
    > I am wondering if any of my problems have to do with my ESET Security
    > Suite (Nod32) or my Vista Premium Home Edition. I *_always_* check the
    > requirements before I install them to make sure they are compatible with
    > my FF2 and with Vista, always. So, like you, I am at the end of my
    > rope. I only wish I could get solutions to the problems I post. So
    > far, the only solution that I achieved success at was with filtering
    > mail. This will make you laugh. Stupid me. I set all the filters up
    > while I was sandboxed. Later I emptied out my sandbox and guess what?
    > Lost all my filters. Just thought I'd add some humor to this post. :-[
    > I hope I do not end up following you out of here. I want the security
    > but I hate the fact that there is sooooooo much that /*cannot*/ be done
    > with Foxfire and all things Mozilla. Such a shame. You'd thing after
    > all this time that they would've caught up with the competition. Oh
    > well. :-\

    I hope you and Andy get resolutions to your problems, Patricia, but I'm
    confused. You expressed a desire for applications to work properly, but
    then you said you bought Vista. Isn't that kind of like saying you want
    to lead a safe, boring, couch-potato life, and then buying a Ducati 1098?

  3. Re: Reply to Goodbye Firefox (and maybe Thunderbird)

    Storm wrote:
    > Patricia F. Stone wrote:
    >> Andy wrote:
    >>
    >> "I'll try you again after a build or two, if they sort out this bug."
    >>
    >> Andy, if you are reading this, as a Mozilla newbie I totally
    >> understand your frustration and I personally believe from my own
    >> experience the last few weeks that there are mucho bugs in all things
    >> Mozilla but I continually hear and read that this browser is supposed
    >> to be more secure than Internet Explorer and that's why I'm here.
    >>
    >> I will tell you I am very, very close to saying GOODBYE because of
    >> this. So many things don't work and there are tons of things Mozilla
    >> doesn't offer. Examples: 1) I cannot get Print Preview extension to
    >> work no matter what I do and I've been at it for some time. 2)
    >> Mozilla does not offer or _*make it easy*_ to use any stationery that
    >> you want in their mail program which is high on my list. I could go
    >> on for a while here band I am joining forums, subscribing to lists and
    >> practically memorizing their Knowledge Base and more because Mozilla
    >> is so highly regarded. I am close to throwing up my hands but still
    >> hanging in there for now. Some people have been extremely polite and
    >> helpful to my posts and a few have been the opposite, sad to say. :-(
    >> I am wondering if any of my problems have to do with my ESET Security
    >> Suite (Nod32) or my Vista Premium Home Edition. I *_always_* check
    >> the requirements before I install them to make sure they are
    >> compatible with my FF2 and with Vista, always. So, like you, I am at
    >> the end of my rope. I only wish I could get solutions to the problems
    >> I post. So far, the only solution that I achieved success at was with
    >> filtering mail. This will make you laugh. Stupid me. I set all the
    >> filters up while I was sandboxed. Later I emptied out my sandbox and
    >> guess what? Lost all my filters. Just thought I'd add some humor to
    >> this post. :-[
    >> I hope I do not end up following you out of here. I want the security
    >> but I hate the fact that there is sooooooo much that /*cannot*/ be
    >> done with Foxfire and all things Mozilla. Such a shame. You'd thing
    >> after all this time that they would've caught up with the
    >> competition. Oh well. :-\

    > I hope you and Andy get resolutions to your problems, Patricia, but I'm
    > confused. You expressed a desire for applications to work properly, but
    > then you said you bought Vista. Isn't that kind of like saying you want
    > to lead a safe, boring, couch-potato life, and then buying a Ducati 1098?

    Zing....!

  4. Re: Reply to Goodbye Firefox (and maybe Thunderbird)

    On 24-03-2008 21:29 CET, Storm composed this enchanting statement:
    > Patricia F. Stone wrote:
    >> Andy wrote:
    >>
    >> "I'll try you again after a build or two, if they sort out this bug."
    >>
    >> Andy, if you are reading this, as a Mozilla newbie I totally
    >> understand your frustration and I personally believe from my own
    >> experience the last few weeks that there are mucho bugs in all things
    >> Mozilla but I continually hear and read that this browser is supposed
    >> to be more secure than Internet Explorer and that's why I'm here.
    >>
    >> I will tell you I am very, very close to saying GOODBYE because of
    >> this. So many things don't work and there are tons of things Mozilla
    >> doesn't offer. Examples: 1) I cannot get Print Preview extension to
    >> work no matter what I do and I've been at it for some time. 2)
    >> Mozilla does not offer or _*make it easy*_ to use any stationery that
    >> you want in their mail program which is high on my list. I could go
    >> on for a while here band I am joining forums, subscribing to lists
    >> and practically memorizing their Knowledge Base and more because
    >> Mozilla is so highly regarded. I am close to throwing up my hands but
    >> still hanging in there for now. Some people have been extremely
    >> polite and helpful to my posts and a few have been the opposite, sad
    >> to say. :-(
    >> I am wondering if any of my problems have to do with my ESET Security
    >> Suite (Nod32) or my Vista Premium Home Edition. I *_always_* check
    >> the requirements before I install them to make sure they are
    >> compatible with my FF2 and with Vista, always. So, like you, I am at
    >> the end of my rope. I only wish I could get solutions to the
    >> problems I post. So far, the only solution that I achieved success
    >> at was with filtering mail. This will make you laugh. Stupid me. I
    >> set all the filters up while I was sandboxed. Later I emptied out my
    >> sandbox and guess what? Lost all my filters. Just thought I'd add
    >> some humor to this post. :-[
    >> I hope I do not end up following you out of here. I want the
    >> security but I hate the fact that there is sooooooo much that
    >> /*cannot*/ be done with Foxfire and all things Mozilla. Such a
    >> shame. You'd thing after all this time that they would've caught up
    >> with the competition. Oh well. :-\

    > I hope you and Andy get resolutions to your problems, Patricia, but
    > I'm confused. You expressed a desire for applications to work
    > properly, but then you said you bought Vista. Isn't that kind of like
    > saying you want to lead a safe, boring, couch-potato life, and then
    > buying a Ducati 1098?

    To counter balance your blunt statement: "I believe that your
    information on Vista is outdated". Anyway, Vista is not that different
    from XP, apart from the very visible, enhanced security features.

    My wife and my two sisters love Vista. :-) If that does not convince
    you, what else can I say?

    In fact, I did most of the HP prepared, after sales configuration of the
    installation of Windows Vista at home. I know how difficult it is to
    foresee and cater for all the possibilities people need to have to tune
    their copy of the OEM version of Windows Vista.

    My compliments to Hewlett & Packhard, they have done a splendid job!

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  5. Re: Reply to Goodbye Firefox (and maybe Thunderbird)

    Patricia F. Stone wrote:
    > Andy wrote:
    >
    > "I'll try you again after a build or two, if they sort out this bug."
    >
    > Andy, if you are reading this, as a Mozilla newbie I totally understand
    > your frustration and I personally believe from my own experience the
    > last few weeks that there are mucho bugs in all things Mozilla but I
    > continually hear and read that this browser is supposed to be more
    > secure than Internet Explorer and that's why I'm here.
    >
    > I will tell you I am very, very close to saying GOODBYE because of
    > this. So many things don't work and there are tons of things Mozilla
    > doesn't offer. Examples: 1) I cannot get Print Preview extension to
    > work no matter what I do and I've been at it for some time. 2) Mozilla
    > does not offer or _*make it easy*_ to use any stationery that you want
    > in their mail program which is high on my list. I could go on for a
    > while here band I am joining forums, subscribing to lists and
    > practically memorizing their Knowledge Base and more because Mozilla is
    > so highly regarded.
    > I am close to throwing up my hands but still hanging in there for now.
    > Some people have been extremely polite and helpful to my posts and a few
    > have been the opposite, sad to say. :-(
    > I am wondering if any of my problems have to do with my ESET Security
    > Suite (Nod32) or my Vista Premium Home Edition. I *_always_* check the
    > requirements before I install them to make sure they are compatible with
    > my FF2 and with Vista, always. So, like you, I am at the end of my
    > rope. I only wish I could get solutions to the problems I post. So
    > far, the only solution that I achieved success at was with filtering
    > mail. This will make you laugh. Stupid me. I set all the filters up
    > while I was sandboxed. Later I emptied out my sandbox and guess what?
    > Lost all my filters. Just thought I'd add some humor to this post. :-[
    > I hope I do not end up following you out of here. I want the security
    > but I hate the fact that there is sooooooo much that /*cannot*/ be done
    > with Foxfire and all things Mozilla. Such a shame. You'd thing after
    > all this time that they would've caught up with the competition. Oh
    > well. :-\

    i'm late to this thread... hope you are still here... have you been
    asking your questions about stationery on mozilla.test.multimedia? or
    secnews.com's netscape.test.multimedia?

+ Reply to Thread