lost customization features - Mozilla

This is a discussion on lost customization features - Mozilla ; I am continually losing profile information. This includes bookmarks, themes and extension data. For example, I repeatedly enter location info for forecastfox add-on only to have it gone after a few days. Any suggestions? (currently using FF 2.0.0.12)...

  1. lost customization features

    I am continually losing profile information. This includes bookmarks,
    themes and extension data. For example, I repeatedly enter location info
    for forecastfox add-on only to have it gone after a few days.
    Any suggestions?
    (currently using FF 2.0.0.12)

  2. Re: lost customization features

    On 3/15/2008 12:27 PM, Lindsay wrote:
    > I am continually losing profile information. This includes bookmarks,
    > themes and extension data. For example, I repeatedly enter location info
    > for forecastfox add-on only to have it gone after a few days.
    > Any suggestions?
    > (currently using FF 2.0.0.12)

    Has Firefox asked you to create a new profile? If so, open Profile Manager and
    see if you have more than expected. Your information may be in an older profile.

    This can happen if Firefox was was shut down abnormally and not allowed to
    unlock the running profile before exiting. You should find the file
    "parent.lock" in a profile _only_ while Firefox is running and using that
    profile. If you find "parent.lock" in a profile while Firefox is not running,
    delete it to make that profile available again.

    If this doesn't help respond back with a little more information. Error
    messages, more details of what you are losing, etc.

    Also try
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_-_Firefox

    --
    G. R. Woodring

  3. Re: lost customization features

    After posting this problem I tried using some themes and extensions
    and was unable use them. after checking the diagnostic page that you
    suggested, i deleted all themes, then downloaded and installed a
    popular theme and it did not work. it was downloaded to C:\Documents
    and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles
    \e2ucq2sn.default\extensions and shows up in browser under Addons/
    Themes, but does not work when i "use theme"
    i also tried creating a new profile thru the profile manager. i was
    able to create alternate profiles and i could see the folders were
    created under the Profiles dir, but when i closed firefox and returned
    to the profile manager the new profile name was not displayed. the
    only profile listed was 'default'
    Re parent.lock file, not a problem. it disappears when firefox is
    closed.

+ Reply to Thread