Problem Logging into bank sites - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Problem Logging into bank sites - Mozilla ; I just started having a problem logging into my banks site. http://bankmercantile.com I have used the site in the past with no problem then it just stopped allowing me to log in with Firefox. It still works with IE. I ...

  1. Problem Logging into bank sites

    I just started having a problem logging into my banks site.
    http://bankmercantile.com
    I have used the site in the past with no problem then it just stopped
    allowing me to log in with Firefox. It still works with IE.
    I called the bank and got a woman in charge of the internet security and
    she told me every day people call in with the same problem and they
    don't know why Firefox won't send the username password correctly to
    their site. She knows of other bank sites with the same problem she
    stated. Her answer was use IE and it works.

    I do not use Firefox to remember usernames passwords and have checked
    the "Remember Password" options and my bank's site is not listed.
    Any idea what's going on and how to fix it. I prefer to use Firefox.

  2. Re: Problem Logging into bank sites

    On 15.03.2008 13:09, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Rick V to
    generate the following:? :
    > I just started having a problem logging into my banks site.
    > http://bankmercantile.com
    > I have used the site in the past with no problem then it just stopped
    > allowing me to log in with Firefox. It still works with IE.
    > I called the bank and got a woman in charge of the internet security and
    > she told me every day people call in with the same problem and they
    > don't know why Firefox won't send the username password correctly to
    > their site. She knows of other bank sites with the same problem she
    > stated. Her answer was use IE and it works.
    >
    > I do not use Firefox to remember usernames passwords and have checked
    > the "Remember Password" options and my bank's site is not listed.
    > Any idea what's going on and how to fix it. I prefer to use Firefox.

    that URL is quite badly coded and NOT w3c compatible (ie NOT www standard)

    send these to the woman in charge, ask her to get the errors listed
    there "sorted out", so that the website is standards-compatible!

    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...king/index.asp
    the CSS check is just as bad:
    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/v...ning=1&lang=en

    reg

  3. Re: Problem Logging into bank sites

    "squaredancer" wrote...
    > On 15.03.2008 13:09, CET wrote:
    >> I just started having a problem logging into my banks site.
    >> http://bankmercantile.com
    >> I have used the site in the past with no problem then it just stopped
    >> allowing me to log in with Firefox. It still works with IE.

    > that URL is quite badly coded and NOT w3c compatible (ie NOT www standard)

    You might try deleting cookies for that only that site, and see if it works.

    --
    HTH,
    David McRitchie,

  4. Re: Problem Logging into bank sites

    On 15-03-2008 13:09 CET, Rick V composed this enchanting statement:
    > I just started having a problem logging into my banks site.
    > http://bankmercantile.com
    > I have used the site in the past with no problem then it just stopped
    > allowing me to log in with Firefox. It still works with IE.
    > I called the bank and got a woman in charge of the internet security
    > and she told me every day people call in with the same problem and
    > they don't know why Firefox won't send the username password correctly
    > to their site. She knows of other bank sites with the same problem
    > she stated. Her answer was use IE and it works.
    >
    > I do not use Firefox to remember usernames passwords and have checked
    > the "Remember Password" options and my bank's site is not listed.
    > Any idea what's going on and how to fix it. I prefer to use Firefox.

    You posted this twice....

    No. What happens exactly? I could guess that you enter your userid and
    password, but what then....? Any messages,... from FF, from the bank
    server(s)? Anything in the Error log (see Tools menu)?

    Quote from that page (click on the lock next to the 'User ID' box):

    *Secure home page log in*
    You can now log in to CaroLine Online Banking directly from
    http://www.bankmercantile.com by entering your User ID and clicking Log
    In. The moment you click Log In, your User ID is encrypted using Secure
    Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. The security of your personal
    information online is our priority and we assure you your information is
    secure on this site.

    It seems that the bank changed the login procedure: you enter your User
    ID, which is passed on to another site of bank, in a domain that differs
    from the first. Try the take an alternate route, don't fill-in your
    userid and click on the About button.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  5. Re: Problem Logging into bank sites

    Rick V wrote in

    > I just started having a problem logging into my banks site.
    > http://bankmercantile.com
    > I have used the site in the past with no problem then it just stopped
    > allowing me to log in with Firefox. It still works with IE.
    > I called the bank and got a woman in charge of the internet security

    and
    > she told me every day people call in with the same problem and they
    > don't know why Firefox won't send the username password correctly to
    > their site. She knows of other bank sites with the same problem she
    > stated. Her answer was use IE and it works.
    >
    > I do not use Firefox to remember usernames passwords and have checked
    > the "Remember Password" options and my bank's site is not listed.
    > Any idea what's going on and how to fix it. I prefer to use Firefox.

    If it is working with IE, try this.

    In Fire Fox, Go to tools -> Add-ons.

    It will open an Add on extention Page.

    In search column write IE Tab and download IE Tab extention and install
    it.

    Now when you want to access Bank site acceess it in IE mode.

    In all probability you will have no problem.

  6. Re: Problem Logging into bank sites

    JAG CHAN wrote:
    > Rick V wrote in
    >
    >> I just started having a problem logging into my banks site.
    >> http://bankmercantile.com
    >> I have used the site in the past with no problem then it just stopped
    >> allowing me to log in with Firefox. It still works with IE.
    >> I called the bank and got a woman in charge of the internet security

    > and
    >> she told me every day people call in with the same problem and they
    >> don't know why Firefox won't send the username password correctly to
    >> their site. She knows of other bank sites with the same problem she
    >> stated. Her answer was use IE and it works.
    >>
    >> I do not use Firefox to remember usernames passwords and have checked
    >> the "Remember Password" options and my bank's site is not listed.
    >> Any idea what's going on and how to fix it. I prefer to use Firefox.

    > If it is working with IE, try this.
    >
    > In Fire Fox, Go to tools -> Add-ons.
    >
    > It will open an Add on extention Page.
    >
    > In search column write IE Tab and download IE Tab extention and install
    > it.
    >
    > Now when you want to access Bank site acceess it in IE mode.
    >
    > In all probability you will have no problem.

    The error I get is that the password user name is invalid.
    also I am already using IE Tab option.

+ Reply to Thread