Any way to disable the "back" button for selected pages? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Any way to disable the "back" button for selected pages? - Mozilla ; Is there a way to disable the "back" button for certain selected web sites? Some of the sites I use would react badly if I use the "back" button, but sometimes I'd forget and do it anyway so need a ...

  1. Any way to disable the "back" button for selected pages?

    Is there a way to disable the "back" button for certain selected web
    sites? Some of the sites I use would react badly if I use the "back"
    button, but sometimes I'd forget and do it anyway so need a way to
    prevent mistakes.

  2. Re: Any way to disable the "back" button for selected pages?

    On 3/15/2008 12:34 AM, __BMR___ wrote:
    > Is there a way to disable the "back" button for certain selected web
    > sites? Some of the sites I use would react badly if I use the "back"
    > button, but sometimes I'd forget and do it anyway so need a way to
    > prevent mistakes.

    The simplest way that I can think of is to open the page in a new tab.
    Middle-click (usually scroll wheel) or from right-click menu.

    Because the back button is only active for the current tab, and this is the
    first site in that new tab, the back button will be inactive. Of course you
    have to think of this _before_ you click :-)

    You can also set Firefox to open _all_ links in new tabs, but this becomes
    really annoying, really fast :-(

    Some sites use a script to open links and you only get an "Untitled" tab. This
    trick won't work on those sites.

    --
    G. R. Woodring

+ Reply to Thread