Firefox Themes - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox Themes - Mozilla ; Hi, I am on a old CPU - P3 500 Mhz / 384 MB RAM. I am using Fedora 8 i386 with Firefox 2.0.0.12 I'd like to know which Firefox theme would consume the minimum RAM on my system. I ...

  1. Firefox Themes

    Hi, I am on a old CPU - P3 500 Mhz / 384 MB RAM.

    I am using Fedora 8 i386 with Firefox 2.0.0.12

    I'd like to know which Firefox theme would consume the minimum RAM on
    my system. I am presently using the default theme which eats lot of RAM
    after start up.

    --
    Nilesh G
    India Technologies Administrator

  2. Re: Firefox Themes

    On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 23:02:04 +0530, Nilesh
    Govindrajan wrote:

    > Hi, I am on a old CPU - P3 500 Mhz / 384 MB RAM.
    >
    > I am using Fedora 8 i386 with Firefox 2.0.0.12
    >
    > I'd like to know which Firefox theme would consume the minimum RAM on
    > my system. I am presently using the default theme which eats lot of RAM
    > after start up.

    switch to ff3 beta 4, huge drop in mem use, but
    not all extension have been updated yet.

  3. Re: Firefox Themes

    Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
    > Hi, I am on a old CPU - P3 500 Mhz / 384 MB RAM.
    >
    > I am using Fedora 8 i386 with Firefox 2.0.0.12
    >
    > I'd like to know which Firefox theme would consume the minimum RAM on
    > my system. I am presently using the default theme which eats lot of RAM
    > after start up.

    Try Littlefox. It is the smallest theme I have ever used, in resources
    and file size.

  4. Re: Firefox Themes

    On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:45:51 -0700
    deadguy3 wrote:

    > switch to ff3 beta 4, huge drop in mem use, but
    > not all extension have been updated yet.

    And that's the reason I'm not moving to it.

    --
    Nilesh G
    India Technologies Administrator
    www.itech7.com

  5. Re: Firefox Themes

    On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 14:57:12 -0700
    EE wrote:

    > Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
    > > Hi, I am on a old CPU - P3 500 Mhz / 384 MB RAM.
    > >
    > > I am using Fedora 8 i386 with Firefox 2.0.0.12
    > >
    > > I'd like to know which Firefox theme would consume the minimum RAM
    > > on my system. I am presently using the default theme which eats lot
    > > of RAM after start up.
    > >

    > Try Littlefox. It is the smallest theme I have ever used, in
    > resources and file size.

    Thanks dude. It is nice.

    --
    Nilesh G
    India Technologies Administrator
    www.itech7.com

  6. Re: Firefox Themes

    On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 07:26:13 +0530, Nilesh
    Govindrajan wrote:

    > On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:45:51 -0700
    > deadguy3 wrote:
    >
    >> [2 quoted lines suppressed]

    > And that's the reason I'm not moving to it.

    good reason.

+ Reply to Thread