Beta 4 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Beta 4 - Mozilla ; Hi all, I installed beta 4 (OpenSuse 10.3): - Acid2 test worse than beta 3 ( http://www.krtschil.net/FF/acid2.gif ), http://acid2.acidtests.org/#top - Acid3 test better than beta 3 (67/100) http://acid3.acidtests.org/ - Side mouse buttons (Logitech G5) mapped to ALT-Left / ALT-Right do ...

  1. Beta 4

    Hi all,

    I installed beta 4 (OpenSuse 10.3):

    - Acid2 test worse than beta 3 (http://www.krtschil.net/FF/acid2.gif),
    http://acid2.acidtests.org/#top

    - Acid3 test better than beta 3 (67/100)
    http://acid3.acidtests.org/

    - Side mouse buttons (Logitech G5) mapped to ALT-Left / ALT-Right do not
    work any more. They still work with FF2 and beta 3. (new profile, fresh
    installation, reboot: nothing helps)

    Comments?

    Klaus
    --
    Linux User #54760

  2. Re: Beta 4

    Klaus Krtschil wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I installed beta 4 (OpenSuse 10.3):
    >
    > - Acid2 test worse than beta 3 (http://www.krtschil.net/FF/acid2.gif),
    > http://acid2.acidtests.org/#top
    >
    > - Acid3 test better than beta 3 (67/100)
    > http://acid3.acidtests.org/
    >
    > - Side mouse buttons (Logitech G5) mapped to ALT-Left / ALT-Right do not
    > work any more. They still work with FF2 and beta 3. (new profile, fresh
    > installation, reboot: nothing helps)
    >

    > Comments?
    >

    > Klaus

    Wrt the mouse buttons, how about having a look at the release notes?
    http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/3.0b4/releasenotes/

    --
    Christian

  3. Re: Beta 4

    Firefox b5 nightly scores 69/100.
    Just keep wating

    Klaus Krtschil wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I installed beta 4 (OpenSuse 10.3):
    >
    > - Acid2 test worse than beta 3 (http://www.krtschil.net/FF/acid2.gif),
    > http://acid2.acidtests.org/#top
    >
    > - Acid3 test better than beta 3 (67/100)
    > http://acid3.acidtests.org/
    >
    > - Side mouse buttons (Logitech G5) mapped to ALT-Left / ALT-Right do not
    > work any more. They still work with FF2 and beta 3. (new profile, fresh
    > installation, reboot: nothing helps)
    >

    > Comments?
    >

    > Klaus

  4. Re: Beta 4

    Christian Riechers schrieb:
    > Klaus Krtschil wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I installed beta 4 (OpenSuse 10.3):
    >>
    >> - Acid2 test worse than beta 3 (http://www.krtschil.net/FF/acid2.gif),
    >> http://acid2.acidtests.org/#top
    >>
    >> - Acid3 test better than beta 3 (67/100)
    >> http://acid3.acidtests.org/
    >>
    >> - Side mouse buttons (Logitech G5) mapped to ALT-Left / ALT-Right do not
    >> work any more. They still work with FF2 and beta 3. (new profile, fresh
    >> installation, reboot: nothing helps)
    >>

    >> Comments?
    >>

    >> Klaus

    > Wrt the mouse buttons, how about having a look at the release notes?
    > http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/3.0b4/releasenotes/

    Thanks for the hint (I didn't see this when I scanned the release notes
    first). Although using the keyboard it is still ALT-Left / ALT-Right.

    I am using xbindkeys for the mapping. The buttons 8 & 9 were mapped. I
    changed it to buttons 6 & 7 and now it works again.

    Klaus
    --
    Linux User #54760

+ Reply to Thread