Lost Bookmarks - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Lost Bookmarks - Mozilla ; Hi- I had a drive crash, had to put in a new one, then reload Windows XP and do restores. In Firefox, my Bookmarks are not there. I can find what looks to be backup files for them, but they're ...

  1. Lost Bookmarks

    Hi-
    I had a drive crash, had to put in a new one, then reload Windows XP and do
    restores. In Firefox, my Bookmarks are not there. I can find what looks to
    be backup files for them, but they're not in a directory where they are
    being found by the program. Can anyone help? If so, please give me the
    Firefox for Dummies version. Thanks, pinger

  2. Re: Lost Bookmarks

    "Pinger" wrote in message news:IKOdndRs0duXxkjanZ2dnUVZ_uyinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Hi-
    > I had a drive crash, had to put in a new one, then reload Windows XP and do
    > restores. In Firefox, my Bookmarks are not there. I can find what looks to
    > be backup files for them, but they're not in a directory where they are
    > being found by the program. Can anyone help? If so, please give me the
    > Firefox for Dummies version. Thanks, pinger

    Working on a Windows machine you want to make sure
    that you can see hidden files, and that you do not have read-only
    files in your profile, First see
    Profile: Finding and Assigning Shortcuts
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/profile.htm

    also see if you have multiple profile folders (/directories).

    Then recheck your profile to see if you have a bookmarks.html file
    if not you can copy one of the backup bookmark files to your
    profile as bookmarks.html

    Lost bookmarks - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks

    If you are by any chance using Firefox 3 which is strictly
    Beta then any bookmarks files are strictly as a backup or
    a copy of bookmarks.html before conversion, because the
    bookmarks and history will be stored/used from an sqlite database

    --
    HTH,
    David McRitchie,

  3. Re: Lost Bookmarks

    Forgot to include...
    working on the profile for such things as bookmarks, and
    file attributes would be done with Firefox down.

+ Reply to Thread