Centralize bookmarks? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Centralize bookmarks? - Mozilla ; Hello My dad has two computers, and would like to centralize his bookmarks so that they're accessible from either hosts. What's the recommended way to do this? Any add-on you would recommend? Thank you....

  1. Centralize bookmarks?

    Hello

    My dad has two computers, and would like to centralize his bookmarks
    so that they're accessible from either hosts.

    What's the recommended way to do this? Any add-on you would recommend?

    Thank you.

  2. Re: Centralize bookmarks?

    Hi

    I would recommend using Foxmarks. Its a very powerful and useful extension.

    http://www.foxmarks.com/

    Tony

    On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 5:31 AM, Gilles Ganault wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > My dad has two computers, and would like to centralize his bookmarks
    > so that they're accessible from either hosts.
    >
    > What's the recommended way to do this? Any add-on you would recommend?
    >
    > Thank you.

  3. Re: Centralize bookmarks?

    Gilles Ganault wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > My dad has two computers, and would like to centralize his bookmarks
    > so that they're accessible from either hosts.
    >
    > What's the recommended way to do this? Any add-on you would recommend?
    >
    > Thank you.

    Are the computers networked? If so, theb bookmarks.html file can be
    placed on a shared drive, and accessed from either computer. This has
    disadvantages if one is a laptop usede on the road, however.

    Lee

  4. Re: Centralize bookmarks?

    On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 15:49:14 +0000, "Tony Manco"
    wrote:
    >I would recommend using Foxmarks. Its a very powerful and useful extension.

    Thanks. The two hosts are not on the same LAN, so I'll give Foxmarks a
    try.

+ Reply to Thread