Website with .swf file won't load anymore - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Website with .swf file won't load anymore - Mozilla ; We have a web address that opens a file with an ".swf" (Shockwave) extension. We had no problem with going to the site and running the file (a game) until yesterday. We *can* open the file with IE7. I've checked ...

  1. Website with .swf file won't load anymore

    We have a web address that opens a file with an ".swf" (Shockwave)
    extension. We had no problem with going to the site and running the
    file (a game) until yesterday.

    We *can* open the file with IE7.

    I've checked aboutlugins and we have version 9.0 r115 of the
    Shockwave file.

    I noted that our Adobe Flasher Updater downloaded a new file within
    the last day or so. Thus, this might be the source of the problem if
    Shockware is updated via the Flash software, but, as I mentioned, we
    have no problem when using IE7.

    Any help will be appreciated.

    DavidW

  2. Re: Website with .swf file won't load anymore

    DJAckerman wrote:
    > We have a web address that opens a file with an ".swf" (Shockwave)
    > extension. We had no problem with going to the site and running the
    > file (a game) until yesterday.
    >
    > We *can* open the file with IE7.
    >
    > I've checked aboutlugins and we have version 9.0 r115 of the
    > Shockwave file.
    >
    > I noted that our Adobe Flasher Updater downloaded a new file within
    > the last day or so. Thus, this might be the source of the problem if
    > Shockware is updated via the Flash software, but, as I mentioned, we
    > have no problem when using IE7.
    >
    > Any help will be appreciated.
    >
    > DavidW

    Do you have the url of the web page?

  3. Re: Website with .swf file won't load anymore

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > DJAckerman wrote:
    >> We have a web address that opens a file with an ".swf" (Shockwave)
    >> extension. We had no problem with going to the site and running the
    >> file (a game) until yesterday.
    >>
    >> We *can* open the file with IE7.
    >>
    >> I've checked aboutlugins and we have version 9.0 r115 of the
    >> Shockwave file.
    >>
    >> I noted that our Adobe Flasher Updater downloaded a new file within
    >> the last day or so. Thus, this might be the source of the problem if
    >> Shockware is updated via the Flash software, but, as I mentioned, we
    >> have no problem when using IE7.
    >>
    >> Any help will be appreciated.
    >>
    >> DavidW

    > Do you have the url of the web page?

    Yes, url is: http://64.246.26.61/flash/bubbleget.swf

  4. Re: Website with .swf file won't load anymore

    DJAckerman wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> DJAckerman wrote:
    >>> We have a web address that opens a file with an ".swf" (Shockwave)
    >>> extension. We had no problem with going to the site and running the
    >>> file (a game) until yesterday.
    >>>
    >>> We *can* open the file with IE7.
    >>>
    >>> I've checked aboutlugins and we have version 9.0 r115 of the
    >>> Shockwave file.
    >>>
    >>> I noted that our Adobe Flasher Updater downloaded a new file within
    >>> the last day or so. Thus, this might be the source of the problem if
    >>> Shockware is updated via the Flash software, but, as I mentioned, we
    >>> have no problem when using IE7.
    >>>
    >>> Any help will be appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> DavidW

    >> Do you have the url of the web page?

    > Yes, url is: http://64.246.26.61/flash/bubbleget.swf

    All I get is

    Sorry, Flash 5 is needed.

    With no page source to view, nothing. Without being able to view the
    source I cannot say what the problem is.

  5. Re: Website with .swf file won't load anymore

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > DJAckerman wrote:
    >> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    >>> Do you have the url of the web page?

    >> Yes, url is: http://64.246.26.61/flash/bubbleget.swf

    > All I get is
    >
    > Sorry, Flash 5 is needed.
    >
    > With no page source to view, nothing. Without being able to view the
    > source I cannot say what the problem is.

    That message (Sorry, Flash 5 is needed) is all I get also. Does the
    fact that site works with IE7 suggest the /source/ of the problem, or not?

  6. Re: Website with .swf file won't load anymore

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > DJAckerman wrote:
    >> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    >>> Do you have the url of the web page?

    >> Yes, url is: http://64.246.26.61/flash/bubbleget.swf

    > All I get is
    >
    > Sorry, Flash 5 is needed.
    >
    > With no page source to view, nothing. Without being able to view the
    > source I cannot say what the problem is.

    Seems to work just fine from here. Win XP sp2, FF 2.0.0.12, Shockwave
    Flash 9.0r47. Nice game.

  7. Re: Website with .swf file won't load anymore

    DJAckerman wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> DJAckerman wrote:

    >>> Yes, url is: http://64.246.26.61/flash/bubbleget.swf

    >> All I get is
    >>
    >> Sorry, Flash 5 is needed.
    >>
    >> With no page source to view, nothing. Without being able to view the
    >> source I cannot say what the problem is.

    > That message (Sorry, Flash 5 is needed) is all I get also. Does the
    > fact that site works with IE7 suggest the /source/ of the problem, or not?

    As a test, I loaded an earlier version of Flash (v. 9.0 r45). The
    site works fine now. Hence, as I suspected the last release of Flash
    seems to be the culprit. Should this reported to Adobe? Someone else?

  8. Re: Website with .swf file won't load anymore

    DJAckerman wrote:
    > DJAckerman wrote:
    >> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    >>> All I get is
    >>>
    >>> Sorry, Flash 5 is needed.
    >>>
    >>> With no page source to view, nothing. Without being able to view the
    >>> source I cannot say what the problem is.

    >> That message (Sorry, Flash 5 is needed) is all I get also. Does the
    >> fact that site works with IE7 suggest the /source/ of the problem, or
    >> not?

    > As a test, I loaded an earlier version of Flash (v. 9.0 r45). The
    > site works fine now. Hence, as I suspected the last release of Flash
    > seems to be the culprit. Should this reported to Adobe? Someone else?

    Report to Adobe.

    Lee

  9. Re: Website with .swf file won't load anymore

    DJAckerman wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> DJAckerman wrote:
    >>> We have a web address that opens a file with an ".swf" (Shockwave)
    >>> extension. We had no problem with going to the site and running the
    >>> file (a game) until yesterday.
    >>>
    >>> We *can* open the file with IE7.
    >>>
    >>> I've checked aboutlugins and we have version 9.0 r115 of the
    >>> Shockwave file.
    >>>
    >>> I noted that our Adobe Flasher Updater downloaded a new file within
    >>> the last day or so. Thus, this might be the source of the problem if
    >>> Shockware is updated via the Flash software, but, as I mentioned, we
    >>> have no problem when using IE7.
    >>>
    >>> Any help will be appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> DavidW

    >> Do you have the url of the web page?

    > Yes, url is: http://64.246.26.61/flash/bubbleget.swf

    Works fine here FF2.0.0.12, Shockwave 9.0 r47, Vista Ultimate.

    --
    Annie.......... (VM BB L - Vista Ultimate)

    http://find-out-more.brion.me.uk - http://email-me.brion.me.uk

  10. Re: Website with .swf file won't load anymore

    Annie R J Brion wrote:
    > DJAckerman wrote:
    >> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    >>> Do you have the url of the web page?

    >> Yes, url is: http://64.246.26.61/flash/bubbleget.swf

    > Works fine here FF2.0.0.12, Shockwave 9.0 r47, Vista Ultimate.

    Tells me that I need to download Flash 5, which I have. On ff 2.0.12
    running on Windows Home.

  11. Re: Website with .swf file won't load anymore

    On 3/9/2008 6:25 PM DJAckerman wrote:

    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> DJAckerman wrote:
    >>> We have a web address that opens a file with an ".swf" (Shockwave)
    >>> extension. We had no problem with going to the site and running the
    >>> file (a game) until yesterday.
    >>>
    >>> We *can* open the file with IE7.
    >>>
    >>> I've checked aboutlugins and we have version 9.0 r115 of the
    >>> Shockwave file.
    >>>
    >>> I noted that our Adobe Flasher Updater downloaded a new file within
    >>> the last day or so. Thus, this might be the source of the problem if
    >>> Shockware is updated via the Flash software, but, as I mentioned, we
    >>> have no problem when using IE7.
    >>>
    >>> Any help will be appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> DavidW

    >> Do you have the url of the web page?

    > Yes, url is: http://64.246.26.61/flash/bubbleget.swf

    Doesn't work here -- tells me I need Flash 5. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U;
    Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3 - Win XP
    Home, I'll be darned if I know how to tell what version of Flash I have.

    --
    Mike RJS

  12. Re: Website with .swf file won't load anymore

    mike elliott wrote:
    > On 3/9/2008 6:25 PM DJAckerman wrote:
    >
    >> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    >>> Do you have the url of the web page?

    >> Yes, url is: http://64.246.26.61/flash/bubbleget.swf

    > Doesn't work here -- tells me I need Flash 5. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U;
    > Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3 - Win XP
    > Home, I'll be darned if I know how to tell what version of Flash I have.

    Type aboutlugins in your location bar, that will tell you.

    Lee

+ Reply to Thread