How to install firefox 3.3 and while maintaining Version 2.012install ?? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How to install firefox 3.3 and while maintaining Version 2.012install ?? - Mozilla ; Want to have a paddle in the developers pool , and acess Firefox 3.3 .. but the stable 2.012 version is very important to maintain . Can Firefox 3.beta.3 be installed parallel to the 2.012 version install ? If so ...

  1. How to install firefox 3.3 and while maintaining Version 2.012install ??

    Want to have a paddle in the developers pool , and acess Firefox
    3.3 .. but the stable 2.012 version is very important to maintain .

    Can Firefox 3.beta.3 be installed parallel to the 2.012 version
    install ?

    If so how should we set-up this 'parallel' install ..

  2. Re: How to install firefox 3.3 and while maintaining Version 2.012install ??

    On Mar 7, 12:02*pm, auto165...@hushmail.com wrote:
    > Want to have a paddle in the developers pool , and acess Firefox
    > 3.3 *.. but the stable 2.012 version is very important to maintain .
    >
    > Can Firefox 3.beta.3 be installed parallel to the 2.012 version
    > install ?
    >
    > If so how should we set-up this 'parallel' install ..

  3. Re: How to install firefox 3.3 and while maintaining Version 2.012install ??

    Am 07.03.2008 08:02, auto165426@hushmail.com schrieb:
    > Want to have a paddle in the developers pool , and acess Firefox
    > 3.3 .. but the stable 2.012 version is very important to maintain .
    >
    > Can Firefox 3.beta.3 be installed parallel to the 2.012 version
    > install ?
    >
    > If so how should we set-up this 'parallel' install ..

    http://support.mozilla.com/kb/Runnin...+the+same+time

    HTH,
    Dennis Benzinger

  4. Re: How to install firefox 3.3 and while maintaining Version 2.012install ??

    Dennis Benzinger escribió:
    > Am 07.03.2008 08:02, auto165426@hushmail.com schrieb:
    >> Want to have a paddle in the developers pool , and acess Firefox
    >> 3.3 .. but the stable 2.012 version is very important to maintain .
    >>
    >> Can Firefox 3.beta.3 be installed parallel to the 2.012 version
    >> install ?
    >>
    >> If so how should we set-up this 'parallel' install ..
    >>

    > http://support.mozilla.com/kb/Runnin...+the+same+time
    >
    > HTH,
    > Dennis Benzinger

    You have to make a separate profile to Fx3, execute Fx3 with the switch
    -p and make a profile with the name 3.0.

    Make a link to Fx3 and add -p "3.0" to the destiny executable:
    "executablepath" -p "3.0"

    To return to the default profile execute Fx2 with the switch -p and
    select the default profile(dont use "3.0").

    Then the browser Fx2 is set to start with the initial profile and you
    use the link to start Fx3.

    Only one browser is enable to run Fx2 or Fx3

+ Reply to Thread