Can YOU access Ebay with FF? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Can YOU access Ebay with FF? - Mozilla ; I posted a few days ago re a problem accessing Ebay with FF. Everything else loads as it should, but I get all kinds of messages when I go to the Ebay page, pretty much saying the page cannot be ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

  1. Can YOU access Ebay with FF?

    I posted a few days ago re a problem accessing Ebay with FF.
    Everything else loads as it should, but I get all kinds of messages
    when I go to the Ebay page, pretty much saying the page cannot be
    loaded. Ok.

    Today, I get an e-mail from another FF user who is having the exact
    same problem. All other sites he can get, but not Ebay. Odd.

    Would you please try and go to Ebay and see if you can access it or
    not. Maybe there is a bigger problem here and it may not be on our
    end.

    www.ebay.com

    Thanks!
    Anthony

  2. Re: Can YOU access Ebay with FF?

    On 3/6/2008 11:29 AM, Anthony Ferrante wrote:
    > I posted a few days ago re a problem accessing Ebay with FF.
    > Everything else loads as it should, but I get all kinds of messages
    > when I go to the Ebay page, pretty much saying the page cannot be
    > loaded. Ok.
    >
    > Today, I get an e-mail from another FF user who is having the exact
    > same problem. All other sites he can get, but not Ebay. Odd.
    >
    > Would you please try and go to Ebay and see if you can access it or
    > not. Maybe there is a bigger problem here and it may not be on our
    > end.
    >
    > www.ebay.com
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Anthony

    Ebay is working fine here.
    version 2.0.0.12 (20080213) Win 2K SP4
    Dave Pyles

  3. Re: Can YOU access Ebay with FF?

    On 3/6/2008 11:29 AM, Anthony Ferrante wrote:
    > I posted a few days ago re a problem accessing Ebay with FF.
    > Everything else loads as it should, but I get all kinds of messages
    > when I go to the Ebay page, pretty much saying the page cannot be
    > loaded. Ok.
    >
    > Today, I get an e-mail from another FF user who is having the exact
    > same problem. All other sites he can get, but not Ebay. Odd.
    >
    > Would you please try and go to Ebay and see if you can access it or
    > not. Maybe there is a bigger problem here and it may not be on our
    > end.
    >
    > www.ebay.com
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Anthony

    Oops!! I put my Thunderbird version in my previous response. I should
    hav entered my Firefox info which is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT
    5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12 Mnenhy/0.7.5.666
    Dave Pyles

  4. Re: Can YOU access Ebay with FF?

    David Pyles wrote:
    > On 3/6/2008 11:29 AM, Anthony Ferrante wrote:
    >> I posted a few days ago re a problem accessing Ebay with FF.
    >> Everything else loads as it should, but I get all kinds of messages
    >> when I go to the Ebay page, pretty much saying the page cannot be
    >> loaded. Ok.
    >>
    >> Today, I get an e-mail from another FF user who is having the exact
    >> same problem. All other sites he can get, but not Ebay. Odd.
    >>
    >> Would you please try and go to Ebay and see if you can access it or
    >> not. Maybe there is a bigger problem here and it may not be on our
    >> end.
    >>
    >> www.ebay.com
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >> Anthony

    > Oops!! I put my Thunderbird version in my previous response. I should
    > hav entered my Firefox info which is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT
    > 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12 Mnenhy/0.7.5.666
    > Dave Pyles

    eBay works with FF, until after logging in then pages rarely completely
    open. It seems like the more pages I go to, the longer it takes to open
    them, until it grinds to a halt. The only way I can get pages to
    completely open is use IE6.

    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12)
    Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12

  5. Re: Can YOU access Ebay with FF?

    The date and time was 3/6/2008 8:42 AM, and on a whim, David Pyles
    pounded out on the keyboard:

    > On 3/6/2008 11:29 AM, Anthony Ferrante wrote:
    >> I posted a few days ago re a problem accessing Ebay with FF.
    >> Everything else loads as it should, but I get all kinds of messages
    >> when I go to the Ebay page, pretty much saying the page cannot be
    >> loaded. Ok.
    >>
    >> Today, I get an e-mail from another FF user who is having the exact
    >> same problem. All other sites he can get, but not Ebay. Odd.
    >>
    >> Would you please try and go to Ebay and see if you can access it or
    >> not. Maybe there is a bigger problem here and it may not be on our
    >> end.
    >>
    >> www.ebay.com
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >> Anthony

    > Ebay is working fine here.
    > version 2.0.0.12 (20080213) Win 2K SP4
    > Dave Pyles

    Are you logging in, or just an outsider? My issue is with logging in,
    which it won't do. I now have to use IETab and have it set to open
    whenever I go to the login screen.

    --
    Terry R.

  6. Re: Can YOU access Ebay with FF?

    On 3/6/2008 12:24 PM, Terry R. wrote:
    > The date and time was 3/6/2008 8:42 AM, and on a whim, David Pyles
    > pounded out on the keyboard:
    >
    >> On 3/6/2008 11:29 AM, Anthony Ferrante wrote:
    >>> I posted a few days ago re a problem accessing Ebay with FF.
    >>> Everything else loads as it should, but I get all kinds of messages
    >>> when I go to the Ebay page, pretty much saying the page cannot be
    >>> loaded. Ok.
    >>>
    >>> Today, I get an e-mail from another FF user who is having the exact
    >>> same problem. All other sites he can get, but not Ebay. Odd.
    >>>
    >>> Would you please try and go to Ebay and see if you can access it or
    >>> not. Maybe there is a bigger problem here and it may not be on our
    >>> end.
    >>>
    >>> www.ebay.com
    >>>
    >>> Thanks!
    >>> Anthony

    >> Ebay is working fine here.
    >> version 2.0.0.12 (20080213) Win 2K SP4
    >> Dave Pyles

    > Are you logging in, or just an outsider? My issue is with logging in,
    > which it won't do. I now have to use IETab and have it set to open
    > whenever I go to the login screen.

    I'm not logging in. -Dave Pyles

  7. Re: Can YOU access Ebay with FF?

    Terry R. wrote:

    > Are you logging in, or just an outsider? My issue is with logging in,
    > which it won't do. I now have to use IETab and have it set to open
    > whenever I go to the login screen.

    Login works perfectly well here in UK with FF 2.0.0.12

  8. Re: Can YOU access Ebay with FF?

    Anthony Ferrante wrote:
    > I posted a few days ago re a problem accessing Ebay with FF.
    > Everything else loads as it should, but I get all kinds of messages
    > when I go to the Ebay page, pretty much saying the page cannot be
    > loaded. Ok.
    >
    > Today, I get an e-mail from another FF user who is having the exact
    > same problem. All other sites he can get, but not Ebay. Odd.
    >
    > Would you please try and go to Ebay and see if you can access it or
    > not. Maybe there is a bigger problem here and it may not be on our
    > end.
    >
    > www.ebay.com

    Fine here, as usual.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  9. Re: Can YOU access Ebay with FF?

    Terry R. wrote:
    > The date and time was 3/6/2008 8:42 AM, and on a whim, David Pyles
    > pounded out on the keyboard:
    >
    >> On 3/6/2008 11:29 AM, Anthony Ferrante wrote:
    >>> I posted a few days ago re a problem accessing Ebay with FF.
    >>> Everything else loads as it should, but I get all kinds of messages
    >>> when I go to the Ebay page, pretty much saying the page cannot be
    >>> loaded. Ok.
    >>>
    >>> Today, I get an e-mail from another FF user who is having the exact
    >>> same problem. All other sites he can get, but not Ebay. Odd.
    >>>
    >>> Would you please try and go to Ebay and see if you can access it or
    >>> not. Maybe there is a bigger problem here and it may not be on our
    >>> end.
    >>>
    >>> www.ebay.com
    >>>
    >>> Thanks!
    >>> Anthony

    >> Ebay is working fine here.
    >> version 2.0.0.12 (20080213) Win 2K SP4
    >> Dave Pyles

    > Are you logging in, or just an outsider? My issue is with logging in,
    > which it won't do. I now have to use IETab and have it set to open
    > whenever I go to the login screen.

    Fine here, logging in. 2.0.0.3 Linux

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

  10. Re: Can YOU access Ebay with FF?

    On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 11:23:04 -0800, Blinky the Shark
    wrote:

    >Anthony Ferrante wrote:
    >> I posted a few days ago re a problem accessing Ebay with FF.
    >> Everything else loads as it should, but I get all kinds of messages
    >> when I go to the Ebay page, pretty much saying the page cannot be
    >> loaded. Ok.
    >>
    >> Today, I get an e-mail from another FF user who is having the exact
    >> same problem. All other sites he can get, but not Ebay. Odd.
    >>
    >> Would you please try and go to Ebay and see if you can access it or
    >> not. Maybe there is a bigger problem here and it may not be on our
    >> end.
    >>
    >> www.ebay.com

    >Fine here, as usual.

    When I go, it is just as on outsider to start with. I cannot even get
    to the opening page from which I log in.

    Anthony

  11. Re: Can YOU access Ebay with FF?

    Anthony Ferrante wrote:

    > When I go, it is just as on outsider to start with. I cannot even get
    > to the opening page from which I log in.
    >
    > Anthony

    Have you tried emptying your cache?

  12. Re: Can YOU access Ebay with FF?

    On 06.03.2008 11:24, Terry R. wrote:

    > Are you logging in, or just an outsider? My issue is with logging in,
    > which it won't do. I now have to use IETab and have it set to open
    > whenever I go to the login screen.

    No problem with FF 2.0.0.12 on any page on eBay. Logging in no problem,
    etc.

    Maybe try clearing cookies for eBay may help. And I am in FF mode, not IE.

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  13. Re: Can YOU access Ebay with FF?

    The date and time was 3/6/2008 4:16 PM, and on a whim, Jay Garcia
    pounded out on the keyboard:

    > On 06.03.2008 11:24, Terry R. wrote:

    I did all the suggested tips, including cookies. I gave up trying to
    figure it out. Just letting IETab do it. It happened all of a sudden a
    few months ago, and from what I've been seeing here, it wasn't only me.
    Not a biggie any more. But you have to wonder how many have had it
    happen and are using IE instead. Whatever it is, that isn't good for FF.

    --
    Terry R.

  14. Re: Can YOU access Ebay with FF?

    The date and time was 3/6/2008 12:51 PM, and on a whim, Anthony Ferrante
    pounded out on the keyboard:

    > On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 11:23:04 -0800, Blinky the Shark
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Anthony Ferrante wrote:
    >>> I posted a few days ago re a problem accessing Ebay with FF.
    >>> Everything else loads as it should, but I get all kinds of messages
    >>> when I go to the Ebay page, pretty much saying the page cannot be
    >>> loaded. Ok.
    >>>
    >>> Today, I get an e-mail from another FF user who is having the exact
    >>> same problem. All other sites he can get, but not Ebay. Odd.
    >>>
    >>> Would you please try and go to Ebay and see if you can access it or
    >>> not. Maybe there is a bigger problem here and it may not be on our
    >>> end.
    >>>
    >>> www.ebay.com

    >> Fine here, as usual.

    > When I go, it is just as on outsider to start with. I cannot even get
    > to the opening page from which I log in.
    >
    > Anthony

    I get the login screen and start to log in, but then I get, "The browser
    you are using is rejecting cookies." TRUST me, I've tried everything to
    stop it from that error message, but nothing works, except IETab.

    --
    Terry R.

  15. Re: Can YOU access Ebay with FF?

    On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 15:51:47 -0500, Anthony Ferrante
    wrote:

    > When I go, it is just as on outsider to start with. I cannot even get
    > to the opening page from which I log in.

    I am a regular eBay user and have not had any problems logging in or using
    the site. I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.12 under Win98se, and do not use IE-Tab.

    Most of the problems people have are caused by issues in their Firefox
    profile. I would try all of the following, until it starts to work again.

    Delete all eBay-related cookies and clear your Firefox cache. Then restart
    Firefox.

    If it still doesn't work, start in Firefox' Safe Mode. This turns off all
    add-ons. If it runs correctly in safe mode, then it is very likely that one
    or more of your add-ons are causing the problem.

    If it still doesn't work, create a new Firefox profile. In Windows, go to
    "Start," select "Run," and enter "firefox.exe -p" without the quotes. If it
    works now, then something was corrupted in your old profile. You can
    migrate your bookmarks and passwords over to the new profile if desired.

    If it still doesn't work, you need to make sure that no anti-virus or
    anti-spyware program is interfering with normal operation. Try disabling
    such programs and using eBay without them.

    If you get eBay to work again, but it is slowing the browser down when you
    open multiple tabs, you need to block flash ads and animations. Any number
    of FlashBlock and AdBlock add-ons can do this. Some eBay sellers seem to
    think flash ads are good to put on their pages. I use AdBlock Plus, to
    block all *.swf* files on eBay, and routinely have up to 60 item pages open
    at once, with no slowdown or other issues. This is on an old machine with
    only 128 megs of RAM, so eBay can definitely work well with Firefox.
    --
    FoxWolfie

  16. Re: Can YOU access Ebay with FF?

    On 06.03.2008 18:49, Terry R. wrote:

    > The date and time was 3/6/2008 4:16 PM, and on a whim, Jay Garcia
    > pounded out on the keyboard:
    >
    >> On 06.03.2008 11:24, Terry R. wrote:

    I doubt if it's any consolation but my wife is running Win98SE and an
    old Mozilla version and no problems there either. Sorry ... :-)

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  17. Re: Can YOU access Ebay with FF?

    Anthony Ferrante wrote:
    > On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 11:23:04 -0800, Blinky the Shark
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Anthony Ferrante wrote:
    >>> I posted a few days ago re a problem accessing Ebay with FF.
    >>> Everything else loads as it should, but I get all kinds of messages
    >>> when I go to the Ebay page, pretty much saying the page cannot be
    >>> loaded. Ok.
    >>>
    >>> Today, I get an e-mail from another FF user who is having the exact
    >>> same problem. All other sites he can get, but not Ebay. Odd.
    >>>
    >>> Would you please try and go to Ebay and see if you can access it or
    >>> not. Maybe there is a bigger problem here and it may not be on our
    >>> end.
    >>>
    >>> www.ebay.com

    >>Fine here, as usual.

    > When I go, it is just as on outsider to start with. I cannot even get
    > to the opening page from which I log in.
    >
    > Anthony

    You may have it blocked by your firewall.

  18. Re: Can YOU access Ebay with FF?

    I just installed the Add-On "IE Tab" and eBay access is not a problem.

    Hope this helps,
    GeoK

    Anthony Ferrante wrote:
    > On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 11:23:04 -0800, Blinky the Shark
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Anthony Ferrante wrote:
    >>> I posted a few days ago re a problem accessing Ebay with FF.
    >>> Everything else loads as it should, but I get all kinds of messages
    >>> when I go to the Ebay page, pretty much saying the page cannot be
    >>> loaded. Ok.
    >>>
    >>> Today, I get an e-mail from another FF user who is having the exact
    >>> same problem. All other sites he can get, but not Ebay. Odd.
    >>>
    >>> Would you please try and go to Ebay and see if you can access it or
    >>> not. Maybe there is a bigger problem here and it may not be on our
    >>> end.
    >>>
    >>> www.ebay.com

    >> Fine here, as usual.

    > When I go, it is just as on outsider to start with. I cannot even get
    > to the opening page from which I log in.
    >
    > Anthony

  19. Re: Can YOU access Ebay with FF?

    GeoK wrote:
    > I just installed the Add-On "IE Tab" and eBay access is not a problem.

    > Hope this helps,
    > GeoK
    >

    > Anthony Ferrante wrote:
    >> On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 11:23:04 -0800, Blinky the Shark
    >> wrote:

    >>> Fine here, as usual.

    >> When I go, it is just as on outsider to start with. I cannot even get
    >> to the opening page from which I log in.
    >>
    >> Anthony

    Just be aware that you are, in effect, running IE within the FF interface.

    I have absolutely no problem accessing eBay on a Mac with Firefox. If
    you are happy with this solution, great, but there is another answer.

    Lee

  20. Re: Can YOU access Ebay with FF?

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > GeoK wrote:
    >> I just installed the Add-On "IE Tab" and eBay access is not a problem.
    >>
    >> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419
    >>
    >> Hope this helps,
    >> GeoK
    >>

    >> Anthony Ferrante wrote:

    >>> When I go, it is just as on outsider to start with. I cannot even get
    >>> to the opening page from which I log in.
    >>>
    >>> Anthony

    > Just be aware that you are, in effect, running IE within the FF interface.

    Yes.

    > I have absolutely no problem accessing eBay on a Mac with Firefox. If
    > you are happy with this solution, great, but there is another answer.

    I would be interested in the other answer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast