Can YOU access Ebay with FF? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Can YOU access Ebay with FF? - Mozilla ; GeoK wrote: > > > Leonidas Jones wrote: >> GeoK wrote: >>> I just installed the Add-On "IE Tab" and eBay access is not a problem. >>> >>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419 >>> >>> Hope this helps, >>> GeoK >>> >>> >>> >>> ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

  1. Re: Can YOU access Ebay with FF?

    GeoK wrote:

    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> GeoK wrote:
    >>> I just installed the Add-On "IE Tab" and eBay access is not a problem.
    >>>
    >>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419
    >>>
    >>> Hope this helps,
    >>> GeoK

    >> Just be aware that you are, in effect, running IE within the FF
    >> interface.

    > Yes.
    >>
    >> I have absolutely no problem accessing eBay on a Mac with Firefox. If
    >> you are happy with this solution, great, but there is another answer.

    > I would be interested in the other answer.

    I don't have a simple answer. All I can say is that if i can access
    eBay on a Mac with FF, meaning IEtab is not an option, you should be
    able to do the same on Windows. There would be quite a bit more
    troubleshooting involved.

    Without going back over this entire involved thread, ths first step
    would be creating a new profile in FF, and trying to access ebay in tha
    clean pfofile.

    Lee

  2. Re: Can YOU access Ebay with FF?

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > GeoK wrote:

    >>> Just be aware that you are, in effect, running IE within the FF
    >>> interface.

    >> Yes.
    >>>
    >>> I have absolutely no problem accessing eBay on a Mac with Firefox. If
    >>> you are happy with this solution, great, but there is another answer.

    >> I would be interested in the other answer.

    > I don't have a simple answer. All I can say is that if i can access
    > eBay on a Mac with FF, meaning IEtab is not an option, you should be
    > able to do the same on Windows. There would be quite a bit more
    > troubleshooting involved.
    >
    > Without going back over this entire involved thread, ths first step
    > would be creating a new profile in FF, and trying to access ebay in tha
    > clean pfofile.
    >
    > Lee

    I understand the advantages and disadvantages to using various OS's.
    My immediate concern is to the ability to access any website with my OS
    and browser of choice, in this case windows FF without establishing a
    new profile. Before installing the add-on I was using IE to access
    eBay, so other than convenience, I do not see the difference in using IE
    directly or with the FF interface.

    In an ideal world I should have the ability to access any site with any
    browser. I am pretty sure I would enjoy using a MAC, because of its
    stability, but unfortunately I am temporarily stuck using an OS, brought
    to the masses, that cares more about quantity than quality.

    Thanks for the insight and I hope to enjoy the use of a MAC on of these
    days.

    GeoK

  3. Re: Can YOU access Ebay with FF?

    On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 20:54:20 +0000, Gordon
    wrote:

    >Anthony Ferrante wrote:
    >

    >> When I go, it is just as on outsider to start with. I cannot even get
    >> to the opening page from which I log in.
    >>
    >> Anthony

    >Have you tried emptying your cache?

    Yes, numerous times.

    Anthony

  4. Re: Can YOU access Ebay with FF?

    On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 20:16:07 -0500, FoxWolfie Galen
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 15:51:47 -0500, Anthony Ferrante
    > wrote:
    >
    >> When I go, it is just as on outsider to start with. I cannot even get
    >> to the opening page from which I log in.

    >I am a regular eBay user and have not had any problems logging in or using
    >the site. I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.12 under Win98se, and do not use IE-Tab.
    >
    >Most of the problems people have are caused by issues in their Firefox
    >profile. I would try all of the following, until it starts to work again.

    I can't so anything. I can't even get FF to open. I have no problem
    with any other program or browser. Now I am using IE 7, but I would
    rather use FF.

    Anthony

    >Delete all eBay-related cookies and clear your Firefox cache. Then restart
    >Firefox.
    >
    >If it still doesn't work, start in Firefox' Safe Mode. This turns off all
    >add-ons. If it runs correctly in safe mode, then it is very likely that one
    >or more of your add-ons are causing the problem.
    >
    >If it still doesn't work, create a new Firefox profile. In Windows, go to
    >"Start," select "Run," and enter "firefox.exe -p" without the quotes. If it
    >works now, then something was corrupted in your old profile. You can
    >migrate your bookmarks and passwords over to the new profile if desired.
    >
    >If it still doesn't work, you need to make sure that no anti-virus or
    >anti-spyware program is interfering with normal operation. Try disabling
    >such programs and using eBay without them.
    >
    >If you get eBay to work again, but it is slowing the browser down when you
    >open multiple tabs, you need to block flash ads and animations. Any number
    >of FlashBlock and AdBlock add-ons can do this. Some eBay sellers seem to
    >think flash ads are good to put on their pages. I use AdBlock Plus, to
    >block all *.swf* files on eBay, and routinely have up to 60 item pages open
    >at once, with no slowdown or other issues. This is on an old machine with
    >only 128 megs of RAM, so eBay can definitely work well with Firefox.

  5. Re: Can YOU access Ebay with FF?

    I've just about given up on FF. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, it
    then says Launch FF and I click yes, cursor rotates for about 1 second
    and nothing. Looks like I am going to be stuck with IE 7.

    Anthony

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2