Can not open files - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Can not open files - Mozilla ; When using FF 2.0.0.12 recently I am unable to open any files from web sites. The open with dialog box appears then immediately disappear with being unable to select an option. How can I get the open with to stay ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Can not open files

  1. Can not open files

    When using FF 2.0.0.12 recently I am unable to open any files from web
    sites. The open with dialog box appears then immediately disappear
    with being unable to select an option.

    How can I get the open with to stay visible?

  2. Re: Can not open files

    Robin9876 wrote:
    > When using FF 2.0.0.12 recently I am unable to open any files from web
    > sites. The open with dialog box appears then immediately disappear
    > with being unable to select an option.
    >
    > How can I get the open with to stay visible?


    Hi,

    Your subject initially led me to think of the "File | Open File" option
    then you say "Open With" so I assume that its the prompt that appears
    when you click on a file to download?

    Try starting Firefox in safe mode:

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode

    Do you have the same problem?

    Ian

  3. Re: Can not open files

    It is one clicking on a link.

    When starting safe mode I am able to download the file.


    On 6 Mar, 11:45, Ian wrote:
    > Robin9876 wrote:
    > > When using FF 2.0.0.12 recently I am unable to open any files from web
    > > sites. The open with dialog box appears then immediately disappear
    > > with being unable to select an option.

    >
    > > How can I get the open with to stay visible?

    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > Your subject initially led me to think of the "File | Open File" option
    > then you say "Open With" so I assume that its the prompt that appears
    > when you click on a file to download?
    >
    > Try starting Firefox in safe mode:
    >
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
    >
    > Do you have the same problem?
    >
    > Ian



  4. Re: Can not open files

    Robin9876 wrote:
    > It is one clicking on a link.
    >
    > When starting safe mode I am able to download the file.
    >
    >
    > On 6 Mar, 11:45, Ian wrote:
    >> Robin9876 wrote:
    >>> When using FF 2.0.0.12 recently I am unable to open any files from web
    >>> sites. The open with dialog box appears then immediately disappear
    >>> with being unable to select an option.
    >>> How can I get the open with to stay visible?

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Your subject initially led me to think of the "File | Open File" option
    >> then you say "Open With" so I assume that its the prompt that appears
    >> when you click on a file to download?
    >>
    >> Try starting Firefox in safe mode:
    >>
    >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
    >>
    >> Do you have the same problem?
    >>
    >> Ian

    >



    Hi,

    OK. Could be a conflict with an extension, safe mode disables these.

    What extension do you have installed?

    Try running Firefox normally, and disable all extensions. Restart and
    test downloading again. If it works then enable 1 extension at a time.

    If you have a lot of extensions try enabling half off them at a time to
    narrow down the problematic one faster.

    Ian

  5. Re: Can not open files

    The problem seems to be with FlashGot 0.8.3 with only that disabled it
    works.

    On 6 Mar, 14:00, Ian wrote:
    > Robin9876 wrote:
    > > It is one clicking on a link.

    >
    > > When starting safe mode I am able to download the file.

    >
    > > On 6 Mar, 11:45, Ian wrote:
    > >> Robin9876 wrote:
    > >>> When using FF 2.0.0.12 recently I am unable to open any files from web
    > >>> sites. The open with dialog box appears then immediately disappear
    > >>> with being unable to select an option.
    > >>> How can I get the open with to stay visible?
    > >> Hi,

    >
    > >> Your subject initially led me to think of the "File | Open File" option
    > >> then you say "Open With" so I assume that its the prompt that appears
    > >> when you click on a file to download?

    >
    > >> Try starting Firefox in safe mode:

    >
    > >>http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode

    >
    > >> Do you have the same problem?

    >
    > >> Ian

    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > OK. Could be a conflict with an extension, safe mode disables these.
    >
    > What extension do you have installed?
    >
    > Try running Firefox normally, and disable all extensions. Restart and
    > test downloading again. If it works then enable 1 extension at a time.
    >
    > If you have a lot of extensions try enabling half off them at a time to
    > narrow down the problematic one faster.
    >
    > Ian



+ Reply to Thread