delete single lines from location bar - Mozilla

This is a discussion on delete single lines from location bar - Mozilla ; At one time, I could delete single entries from the drop down location bar menu using "highlight > shift > delete". Perhaps this was before I left the dark side. But I have tried shift and ctrl and alt and ...

  1. delete single lines from location bar

    At one time, I could delete single entries from the drop down
    location bar menu using "highlight > shift > delete".
    Perhaps this was before I left the dark side.
    But I have tried shift and ctrl and alt and then both
    delete and backspace (six combinations).
    I am running 2.0.0.12 on Linux.
    Tnx,
    --cc

  2. Re: delete single lines from location bar

    charles cashion wrote:
    > At one time, I could delete single entries from the drop down
    > location bar menu using "highlight > shift > delete".
    > Perhaps this was before I left the dark side.
    > But I have tried shift and ctrl and alt and then both
    > delete and backspace (six combinations).
    > I am running 2.0.0.12 on Linux.
    > Tnx,
    > --cc

    I'm not on my Linux box, at the moment, but under Windows, it is simply
    the button, with no modifier keys. I don't imagine that it
    would be any different under Linux.

    --
    Alex K.

  3. Re: delete single lines from location bar

    Alex K. wrote:
    > charles cashion wrote:
    >> At one time, I could delete single entries from the drop down
    >> location bar menu using "highlight > shift > delete".
    >> Perhaps this was before I left the dark side.
    >> But I have tried shift and ctrl and alt and then both
    >> delete and backspace (six combinations).
    >> I am running 2.0.0.12 on Linux.
    >> Tnx,
    >> --cc

    > I'm not on my Linux box, at the moment, but under Windows, it is simply
    > the button, with no modifier keys. I don't imagine that it
    > would be any different under Linux.

    I'm still using 2.0.0.3, but you're right, works here in Linux
    at least with that older version -- it's not just a Win thing.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  4. Re: delete single lines from location bar

    Alex K. wrote:
    > charles cashion wrote:
    >> At one time, I could delete single entries from the drop down
    >> location bar menu using "highlight > shift > delete".
    >> Perhaps this was before I left the dark side.
    >> But I have tried shift and ctrl and alt and then both
    >> delete and backspace (six combinations).
    >> I am running 2.0.0.12 on Linux.
    >> Tnx,
    >> --cc

    > I'm not on my Linux box, at the moment, but under Windows, it is simply
    > the button, with no modifier keys. I don't imagine that it
    > would be any different under Linux.

    If you set this to true, you can select the whole content of the address
    bar by clicking it. browser.urlbar.clickSelectsAll
    It is set to true by default for Windows, but not for Mac, and I
    suspect, not for Linux.

  5. Re: delete single lines from location bar

    EE wrote:
    > Alex K. wrote:
    >> charles cashion wrote:
    >>> At one time, I could delete single entries from the drop down

    ^^^^^^^^^
    >>> location bar menu using "highlight > shift > delete".
    >>> Perhaps this was before I left the dark side.
    >>> But I have tried shift and ctrl and alt and then both
    >>> delete and backspace (six combinations).
    >>> I am running 2.0.0.12 on Linux.
    >>> Tnx,
    >>> --cc

    >> I'm not on my Linux box, at the moment, but under Windows, it is simply
    >> the button, with no modifier keys. I don't imagine that it
    >> would be any different under Linux.
    >>

    > If you set this to true, you can select the whole content of the address
    > bar by clicking it. browser.urlbar.clickSelectsAll
    > It is set to true by default for Windows, but not for Mac, and I
    > suspect, not for Linux.

    Weren't we talking about the *dropdown*?

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

  6. Re: delete single lines from location bar

    EE wrote:
    > Alex K. wrote:
    >> charles cashion wrote:
    >>> At one time, I could delete single entries from the drop down
    >>> location bar menu using "highlight > shift > delete".
    >>> Perhaps this was before I left the dark side.
    >>> But I have tried shift and ctrl and alt and then both
    >>> delete and backspace (six combinations).
    >>> I am running 2.0.0.12 on Linux.
    >>> Tnx,
    >>> --cc

    >> I'm not on my Linux box, at the moment, but under Windows, it is simply
    >> the button, with no modifier keys. I don't imagine that it
    >> would be any different under Linux.
    >>

    > If you set this to true, you can select the whole content of the address
    > bar by clicking it. browser.urlbar.clickSelectsAll
    > It is set to true by default for Windows, but not for Mac, and I
    > suspect, not for Linux.

    ***EUREKA! THAT IS IT! ***
    If you set browser.urlbar.clickSelectAll true,
    (toggle true), shift-delete will delete the highlighted
    item in the drop down list.
    Tnx,
    --cc

+ Reply to Thread