bookmarks, export as text, url only, this bookmark folder only - Mozilla

This is a discussion on bookmarks, export as text, url only, this bookmark folder only - Mozilla ; I'm trying to collect the links, just the links, from a particular bookmark folder. I want the links as text, like http://blah.blah@this.com . Is there a way? Thank you. Firefox/2.0.0.12...

  1. bookmarks, export as text, url only, this bookmark folder only

    I'm trying to collect the links, just the links, from a particular
    bookmark folder. I want the links
    as text, like http://blah.blah@this.com. Is there a way?
    Thank you.

    Firefox/2.0.0.12

  2. Re: bookmarks, export as text, url only, this bookmark folder only

    "2apart" wrote...
    > I'm trying to collect the links, just the links, from a particular
    > bookmark folder. I want the links
    > as text, like http://blah.blah@this.com. Is there a way?
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Firefox/2.0.0.12

    You won't be able to click on the folder in your bookmarks
    to do this, but you can make the selection from your
    bookmarks.html file in your folder.
    If you need help finding your profile folder see
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/profile.htm

    Using your bookmarks.html
    (or bookmarks.postplaces.html in version 3)
    "Copy multiple URLs in anchors to clipboard.
    There are two options to copy URLs. One is copy all
    URLs from link items (anchors), the another is copy
    URLs from selection link items."
    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/605
    also see
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firef....htm#copylinks

    If you would like to see the html links embedded within the HTML
    file you can use the "href:" bookmarklet from my site
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/ie/bookmarks.htm
    which give the complete name. If you use the "Web Developer"
    extension you see what is in the HTML (../../otherfolder/index.htm)
    instead. Your bookmarks.html file in your profile is an HTML file,
    in version 3 you would use bookmarks.postplaces.html which is
    created after Firefox closes (may depend on your configuration options).
    To restore normal view of HTML from either use F5 (reload).

    Excel users might be interested in
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...perlinkaddress

    --
    HTH,