firefox 3 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on firefox 3 - Mozilla ; I have moved to firefox 3, when does this become the live version or can I uninstall & reinstall firefox 2 without loosing my bookmarks....

  1. firefox 3

    I have moved to firefox 3, when does this become the
    live version or can I uninstall & reinstall firefox 2 without loosing
    my bookmarks.

  2. Re: firefox 3

    captain schrieb:
    > I have moved to firefox 3, when does this become the
    > live version or can I uninstall & reinstall firefox 2 without loosing
    > my bookmarks.

    Hi,
    you should install firefox 3.0 beta 3 in other folder and backup your
    bookmarks and profile. That's the secure way. Otherwise you have no
    backups if somethings goes wrong. You should remember that firefox 3.0
    beta 3 is only for testing. And before final version there will be some
    more betas and release candidates. See also here before installing:

    http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/

  3. Re: firefox 3

    Spiderman schrieb:
    > captain schrieb:
    >> I have moved to firefox 3, when does this become the
    >> live version or can I uninstall & reinstall firefox 2 without loosing
    >> my bookmarks.

    > Hi,
    > you should install firefox 3.0 beta 3 in other folder and backup your
    > bookmarks and profile. That's the secure way. Otherwise you have no
    > backups if somethings goes wrong. You should remember that firefox 3.0
    > beta 3 is only for testing. And before final version there will be some
    > more betas and release candidates. See also here before installing:
    >
    > http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/

    Or here the direct link to the news:

    http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews...-for-download/

  4. Re: firefox 3

    On Feb 13, 11:14*am, Spiderman wrote:
    > captain schrieb:> I have moved to firefox 3, when does this become the
    > > live version or can I uninstall & reinstall firefox 2 without loosing
    > > my bookmarks.

    > Hi,
    > you should install firefox 3.0 beta 3 in other folder and backup your
    > bookmarks and profile. That's the secure way. Otherwise you have no
    > backups if somethings goes wrong. You should remember that firefox 3.0
    > beta 3 is only for testing. And before final version there will be some
    > more betas and release candidates. See also here before installing:
    >
    > http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/

    Thanks , I have installed the new version & it seems to work better,

+ Reply to Thread