Can't Connect to Website with FireFTP - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Can't Connect to Website with FireFTP - Mozilla ; I'm an amateur. I've been using FireFTP to maintain a small website for a non-profit group. I actually create the website with MS Publisher (I know, I know -- but I've already GOT it), and transfer it up with FireFTP. ...

  1. Can't Connect to Website with FireFTP

    I'm an amateur. I've been using FireFTP to maintain a small website
    for a non-profit group. I actually create the website with MS
    Publisher (I know, I know -- but I've already GOT it), and transfer it
    up with FireFTP. It has all worked fine for a year or so.

    Today I got a new version of Firefox. Now FireFTP doesn't work --
    says:

    FireFTP 0.97.1 'Cowboy Dan', created by Mime Čuvalo
    Unable to make a connection. Please try again.

    The website is up. My dsl is up.

    Give me a nudge in the right direction, PLEASE!

    Thanks in advance,

    Paul in Wisconsin

  2. Re: Can't Connect to Website with FireFTP

    matejcek@centurytel.net wrote:
    > I'm an amateur. I've been using FireFTP to maintain a small website
    > for a non-profit group. I actually create the website with MS
    > Publisher (I know, I know -- but I've already GOT it), and transfer it
    > up with FireFTP. It has all worked fine for a year or so.
    >
    > Today I got a new version of Firefox. Now FireFTP doesn't work --
    > says:
    >
    > FireFTP 0.97.1 'Cowboy Dan', created by Mime Čuvalo
    > Unable to make a connection. Please try again.
    >
    > The website is up. My dsl is up.
    >
    > Give me a nudge in the right direction, PLEASE!
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Paul in Wisconsin

    Have you searched for an updated version of FireFTP?

    You could also consider using a standalone FTP application. As good as
    FireFTP is, a dedicated client will be more powerful.

    I've had great success with Filezilla:

    http://filezilla-project.org/

    Lee

  3. Re: Can't Connect to Website with FireFTP

    On 08/02/2008 22:39, matejcek@centurytel.net wrote:
    > I'm an amateur. I've been using FireFTP to maintain a small website
    > for a non-profit group. I actually create the website with MS
    > Publisher (I know, I know -- but I've already GOT it), and transfer it
    > up with FireFTP. It has all worked fine for a year or so.
    >
    > Today I got a new version of Firefox. Now FireFTP doesn't work --
    > says:
    >
    > FireFTP 0.97.1 'Cowboy Dan', created by Mime Čuvalo
    > Unable to make a connection. Please try again.
    >
    > The website is up. My dsl is up.
    >
    > Give me a nudge in the right direction, PLEASE!
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Paul in Wisconsin

    I have Firefox 2.0.0.12 with FireFTP 0.97.1 on XP SP2 and no problems at
    all.

    --
    wtwjgc (Joe)
    http://www.localcooling.com/ref/?type=link&id=26575

  4. Re: Can't Connect to Website with FireFTP

    I was just wondering if anyone else has any input for this. I'm
    experiencing the same problem except that my websites now aren't
    working. I updated Firefox and have the most updated version of
    FireFTP and it doesn't seem to want to recognize my username and
    password and has also taken out my websites. It's so weird.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. There is no support with
    FireFTP.

    Thanks!

  5. Re: Can't Connect to Website with FireFTP

    bohanons@gmail.com wrote:
    > I was just wondering if anyone else has any input for this. I'm
    > experiencing the same problem except that my websites now aren't
    > working. I updated Firefox and have the most updated version of
    > FireFTP and it doesn't seem to want to recognize my username and
    > password and has also taken out my websites. It's so weird.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated. There is no support with
    > FireFTP.
    >
    > Thanks!

    I am using fireftp for access/update to my website(burry004@planet.nl)
    and ftp access around the world .
    No problems encountered in the last 3 years so far.

  6. Re: Can't Connect to Website with FireFTP

    I have the same problem... Sometimes, it works... Most of the time,
    it just refuses to connect.

    If you have multiple accounts, then you can try to connect to another
    account.
    If it works, just disconnect and connect to the account you wanted
    originally.

    Thomas

    On Feb 8, 5:39 pm, matej...@centurytel.net wrote:
    > I'm an amateur. I've been using FireFTP to maintain a small website
    > for a non-profit group. I actually create the website with MS
    > Publisher (I know, I know -- but I've already GOT it), and transfer it
    > up with FireFTP. It has all worked fine for a year or so.
    >
    > Today I got a new version of Firefox. Now FireFTP doesn't work --
    > says:
    >
    > FireFTP 0.97.1 'Cowboy Dan', created by Mime Čuvalo
    > Unable to make a connection. Please try again.
    >
    > The website is up. My dsl is up.
    >
    > Give me a nudge in the right direction, PLEASE!
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Paul in Wisconsin

+ Reply to Thread