Firefox 3.0 b3 today - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox 3.0 b3 today - Mozilla ; Hi, it so nice. Firefox 3.0 b3 will be released today....

  1. Firefox 3.0 b3 today

    Hi,
    it so nice. Firefox 3.0 b3 will be released today.

  2. Re: Firefox 3.0 b3 today

    Spiderman wrote:
    > Hi,
    > it so nice. Firefox 3.0 b3 will be released today.

    There's a note on http://tinyurl.com/2r6njo
    "Please note: We do not recommend that anyone other than developers and
    testers download the Firefox 3 Beta 1 milestone release. It is intended for
    testing purposes only."

  3. Re: Firefox 3.0 b3 today

    Don Nickell writes:

    > Spiderman wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> it so nice. Firefox 3.0 b3 will be released today.

    > There's a note on http://tinyurl.com/2r6njo
    > "Please note: We do not recommend that anyone other than developers
    > and testers download the Firefox 3 Beta 1 milestone release. It is
    > intended for testing purposes only."

    That's the old one... now is Beta 3 coming.
    --
    開心 - 好運気 (Kai Xin - Hao Yun Qi)
    Be happy and joyful - and share that joy with others

  4. Re: Firefox 3.0 b3 today

    Don Nickell schrieb:
    > Spiderman wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> it so nice. Firefox 3.0 b3 will be released today.

    > There's a note on http://tinyurl.com/2r6njo
    > "Please note: We do not recommend that anyone other than developers and
    > testers download the Firefox 3 Beta 1 milestone release. It is intended
    > for testing purposes only."

    See here:
    http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews...reeze-tonight/

  5. Re: Firefox 3.0 b3 today

    Spiderman wrote:
    > Hi,
    > it so nice. Firefox 3.0 b3 will be released today.

    Will it *finally* get a "send page" at least as good as IE7's? It is
    long overdue.

  6. Re: Firefox 3.0 b3 today

    Jim Higgins wrote:
    > Spiderman wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> it so nice. Firefox 3.0 b3 will be released today.

    > Will it *finally* get a "send page" at least as good as IE7's? It is
    > long overdue.

    ????? a what?

  7. Re: Firefox 3.0 b3 today

    sean bean wrote in

    > Jim Higgins wrote:
    >> Spiderman wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> it so nice. Firefox 3.0 b3 will be released today.

    >> Will it *finally* get a "send page" at least as good as IE7's? It is
    >> long overdue.

    > ????? a what?

    "Send Page By E-mail", which in FF is an Add-On:

  8. Re: Firefox 3.0 b3 today

    On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 16:08:19 -0500, Mark Blain wrote:

    > sean bean wrote in
    >
    >> Jim Higgins wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Will it *finally* get a "send page" at least as good as IE7's? It is
    >>> long overdue.

    >> ????? a what?

    > "Send Page By E-mail", which in FF is an Add-On:

    Why would you want to send a whole page when you can send a link?
    It takes time and clutters up the recipient's mailbox.
    (From someone who used to send pages until the penny dropped)
    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK

  9. Re: Firefox 3.0 b3 today

    Mark Blain wrote:
    > sean bean wrote in
    >

    >> Jim Higgins wrote:

    >>> Will it *finally* get a "send page" at least as good as IE7's? It is
    >>> long overdue.
    >>>

    >> ????? a what?
    >>

    > "Send Page By E-mail", which in FF is an Add-On:

    never send a page... should always right click on the page and select
    "send link"

    why re-invent a wheel?

  10. Re: Firefox 3.0 b3 today

    sean bean wrote:
    > Mark Blain wrote:
    >> sean bean wrote in

    >>> ????? a what?
    >>>

    >> "Send Page By E-mail", which in FF is an Add-On:
    >> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2343
    >>

    > never send a page... should always right click on the page and select
    > "send link"
    >
    > why re-invent a wheel?

    Perhaps because the guys really wants to send a page and not a link.
    Just because *you* think one should always send a link and never send a
    page does not mean that everybody shares your opinion.
    --
    Andrew DeFaria
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.

  11. Re: Firefox 3.0 b3 today

    Andrew DeFaria has written on 5/2/2008 10:22 AM:
    > sean bean wrote:
    >
    >> never send a page... should always right click on the page and select
    >> "send link"
    >>
    >> why re-invent a wheel?
    >>

    > Perhaps because the guys really wants to send a page and not a link.
    > Just because *you* think one should always send a link and never send a
    > page does not mean that everybody shares your opinion.

    Will a web page display the same in an email program as in a web browser????

    --
    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    Senility Prayer
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the
    good fortune to run into the ones that I do, and the eyesight to tell
    the difference.

  12. Re: Firefox 3.0 b3 today

    Pete Holsberg wrote:
    > Andrew DeFaria has written on 5/2/2008 10:22 AM:
    >> sean bean wrote:
    >>
    >>> never send a page... should always right click on the page and select
    >>> "send link"
    >>>
    >>> why re-invent a wheel?
    >>>

    >> Perhaps because the guys really wants to send a page and not a link.
    >> Just because *you* think one should always send a link and never send
    >> a page does not mean that everybody shares your opinion.
    >>

    > Will a web page display the same in an email program as in a web
    > browser????

    In my email program (TB) it sure does! Hell I've sent myself a Java
    based game and played it in my email client (at the time Netscape). YMMV.

    Question: Have you ever tried it?

    But even if it would not display properly, I could still see a use to
    say attach the actual HTML file...
    --
    Andrew DeFaria
    A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

  13. Re: Firefox 3.0 b3 today

    Pete Holsberg wrote:

    > Will a web page display the same in an email program as in a web
    > browser????

    If you're using an e-mail program built on top of a browser's rendering
    engine, yes. But in general, no.

  14. Re: Firefox 3.0 b3 today

    Pete Holsberg wrote:
    > Andrew DeFaria has written on 5/2/2008 10:22 AM:
    >> sean bean wrote:
    >>
    >>> never send a page... should always right click on the page and select
    >>> "send link"
    >>>
    >>> why re-invent a wheel?
    >>>

    >> Perhaps because the guys really wants to send a page and not a link.
    >> Just because *you* think one should always send a link and never send
    >> a page does not mean that everybody shares your opinion.
    >>

    > Will a web page display the same in an email program as in a web
    > browser????

    Depends on the email program. It is altogether safer to send the link,
    but the page may well have changed since the original viewer saw it,
    rendering it useless.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

+ Reply to Thread