Export bookmarks from Firefox to Safari - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Export bookmarks from Firefox to Safari - Mozilla ; Perhaps this has been covered many times on the list, but here goes again: I would like to import my Firefox bookmarks into Safari. I thought this would be a simple matter, but it is not. In Firefox, under File ...

  1. Export bookmarks from Firefox to Safari

    Perhaps this has been covered many times on the list, but here goes again:

    I would like to import my Firefox bookmarks into Safari. I thought this
    would be a simple matter, but it is not. In Firefox, under File menu,
    there is no "Export," only "Import." In Safari, there is Export and
    Import.

    So, does Firefox forbid the transfer of its bookmarks to other browsers?

    Thanks for response.

  2. Re: Export bookmarks from Firefox to Safari

    Elizabeth Wright wrote:
    > Perhaps this has been covered many times on the list, but here goes again:
    >
    > I would like to import my Firefox bookmarks into Safari. I thought this
    > would be a simple matter, but it is not. In Firefox, under File menu,
    > there is no "Export," only "Import." In Safari, there is Export and
    > Import.
    >
    > So, does Firefox forbid the transfer of its bookmarks to other browsers?
    >
    > Thanks for response.

    You need to go to Bookmarks Manager:

    Bookmarks>>Organize Bookmarks

    In the Bookmarks Manager window, click File>>Export Bookmarks

    Safari should be able to import the resulting file.

    Lee

+ Reply to Thread