T-Bird & Sunbird toolbar launch buttons for Firefox - Mozilla

This is a discussion on T-Bird & Sunbird toolbar launch buttons for Firefox - Mozilla ; I just (finally) moved from FF 1.5 to 2.0, but 2.0 didn't keep my toolbar button for launching Thunderbird. I just spent 45 minutes searching the Firefox and T-bird extensions site, and can't find it anywhere. Does it still exist? ...

  1. T-Bird & Sunbird toolbar launch buttons for Firefox

    I just (finally) moved from FF 1.5 to 2.0, but 2.0 didn't keep my
    toolbar button for launching Thunderbird. I just spent 45 minutes
    searching the Firefox and T-bird extensions site, and can't find it
    anywhere. Does it still exist? Why isn't it a standard feature for
    integrating FF, T-Bird, and Sunbird? Is there a Sunbird toolbar launch
    button for FF?

  2. Re: T-Bird & Sunbird toolbar launch buttons for Firefox

    Storm wrote:
    > I just (finally) moved from FF 1.5 to 2.0, but 2.0 didn't keep my
    > toolbar button for launching Thunderbird. I just spent 45 minutes
    > searching the Firefox and T-bird extensions site, and can't find it
    > anywhere. Does it still exist? Why isn't it a standard feature for
    > integrating FF, T-Bird, and Sunbird? Is there a Sunbird toolbar launch
    > button for FF?

    You can use the GetMail add-on at
    http://webdesigns.ms11.net/getmail.html
    to launch Thunderbird from Firefox.
    The Launchy extension might work for both Sunbird
    and Thunderbird (I've never used it so don't really know)

    Ann

    --
    Remove "NOTSO" to reply

  3. Re: T-Bird & Sunbird toolbar launch buttons for Firefox

    Storm wrote:
    > I just (finally) moved from FF 1.5 to 2.0, but 2.0 didn't keep my
    > toolbar button for launching Thunderbird. I just spent 45 minutes
    > searching the Firefox and T-bird extensions site, and can't find it
    > anywhere. Does it still exist? Why isn't it a standard feature for
    > integrating FF, T-Bird, and Sunbird? Is there a Sunbird toolbar launch
    > button for FF?

    A Mail button in Firefox was deemed superfluous, as there are so many
    ways of calling your mail application, for example the Quick Launch bar
    in Windows, the Dock in Mac OSX, etc. I look at it as toolbar clutter,
    but, if you really need it:

    http://webdesigns.ms11.net/getmail.html

    There was an extension that allowed external applications buttons, which
    was bumped to work in FF 2.0, though I don't know how far:

    http://www.ironspider.ca/browsers/ex...m#externalapps

    The only place I found this handy was when working on a host machine,
    using Firefox Portable. It was kind of nice to be able to call on the
    other portable applications with a Firefox toolbar, thought the Portable
    Apps Launcher program makes it superfluous. It sits in the Systray,
    waiting to open your other apps.

    When working on your own machine, use the Quick Launch bar, that's what
    its there for.

    In another thread , I think I pointed you to the directions for bumping
    old extensions manually.

    Lee

  4. Re: T-Bird & Sunbird toolbar launch buttons for Firefox

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Storm wrote:
    >> I just (finally) moved from FF 1.5 to 2.0, but 2.0 didn't keep my
    >> toolbar button for launching Thunderbird. I just spent 45 minutes
    >> searching the Firefox and T-bird extensions site, and can't find it
    >> anywhere. Does it still exist? Why isn't it a standard feature for
    >> integrating FF, T-Bird, and Sunbird? Is there a Sunbird toolbar launch
    >> button for FF?

    > A Mail button in Firefox was deemed superfluous, as there are so many
    > ways of calling your mail application, for example the Quick Launch bar
    > in Windows, the Dock in Mac OSX, etc. I look at it as toolbar clutter,
    > but, if you really need it:
    >
    > http://webdesigns.ms11.net/getmail.html
    >
    > There was an extension that allowed external applications buttons, which
    > was bumped to work in FF 2.0, though I don't know how far:
    >
    > http://www.ironspider.ca/browsers/ex...m#externalapps
    >
    > The only place I found this handy was when working on a host machine,
    > using Firefox Portable. It was kind of nice to be able to call on the
    > other portable applications with a Firefox toolbar, thought the Portable
    > Apps Launcher program makes it superfluous. It sits in the Systray,
    > waiting to open your other apps.
    >
    > When working on your own machine, use the Quick Launch bar, that's what
    > its there for.
    >
    > In another thread , I think I pointed you to the directions for bumping
    > old extensions manually.
    >
    > Lee

    Thanks to both of you.

+ Reply to Thread