bookmarks or favorite places - Mozilla

This is a discussion on bookmarks or favorite places - Mozilla ; I am having a problem locating the file which houses my favorites. I promised the computer club that I would share my favorites at the next meeting, and I was hoping to find a file, copy it to a tempfile, ...

  1. bookmarks or favorite places

    I am having a problem locating the file which houses my favorites. I
    promised the computer club that I would share my favorites at the next
    meeting, and I was hoping to find a file, copy it to a tempfile, edit
    it, and print it.

    Can anybody suggest a way to do this? I tried searching for Bookmark and
    for Favorite, and did not find a file this way - I recall having the
    same trouble finding my .mab file.

    Any advice will be gratefully appreciated.
    --

    Regards,

    P D Sterling
    New York, Texas & Texas, New York

  2. Re: bookmarks or favorite places

    P D Sterling wrote:
    > I am having a problem locating the file which houses my favorites. I
    > promised the computer club that I would share my favorites at the next
    > meeting, and I was hoping to find a file, copy it to a tempfile, edit
    > it, and print it.
    >
    > Can anybody suggest a way to do this? I tried searching for Bookmark and
    > for Favorite, and did not find a file this way - I recall having the
    > same trouble finding my .mab file.
    >
    > Any advice will be gratefully appreciated.

    Bookmarks-Organize Bookmarks then File-Export.....

    --
    Say No to OXML
    http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9594#mpart8

  3. Re: bookmarks or favorite places

    P D Sterling wrote:
    > I am having a problem locating the file which houses my favorites. I
    > promised the computer club that I would share my favorites at the next
    > meeting, and I was hoping to find a file, copy it to a tempfile, edit
    > it, and print it.
    >
    > Can anybody suggest a way to do this? I tried searching for Bookmark and
    > for Favorite, and did not find a file this way - I recall having the
    > same trouble finding my .mab file.
    >
    > Any advice will be gratefully appreciated.

    bookmarks.html - in your profile.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  4. Re: bookmarks or favorite places

    Ah, good start, but it only lists the name of the bookmark and not the
    associated URL - anything further? Many thanx for posting!

    Gordon wrote:
    > P D Sterling wrote:
    >> I am having a problem locating the file which houses my favorites. I
    >> promised the computer club that I would share my favorites at the next
    >> meeting, and I was hoping to find a file, copy it to a tempfile, edit
    >> it, and print it.
    >>
    >> Can anybody suggest a way to do this? I tried searching for Bookmark
    >> and for Favorite, and did not find a file this way - I recall having
    >> the same trouble finding my .mab file.
    >>
    >> Any advice will be gratefully appreciated.

    > Bookmarks-Organize Bookmarks then File-Export.....

  5. Re: bookmarks or favorite places

    On 1/16/2008 9:58 AM, P D Sterling wrote:
    > Ah, good start, but it only lists the name of the bookmark and not the
    > associated URL - anything further? Many thanx for posting!
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > P D Sterling
    > New York, Texas & Texas, New York
    >

    > Gordon wrote:
    >> P D Sterling wrote:
    >>> I am having a problem locating the file which houses my favorites. I
    >>> promised the computer club that I would share my favorites at the
    >>> next meeting, and I was hoping to find a file, copy it to a tempfile,
    >>> edit it, and print it.
    >>>
    >>> Can anybody suggest a way to do this? I tried searching for Bookmark
    >>> and for Favorite, and did not find a file this way - I recall having
    >>> the same trouble finding my .mab file.
    >>>
    >>> Any advice will be gratefully appreciated.

    >> Bookmarks-Organize Bookmarks then File-Export.....

    Aren't the names linked to the URL? Mine are when I export them.
    Dave Pyles

  6. Re: bookmarks or favorite places

    P D Sterling wrote:
    > Ah, good start, but it only lists the name of the bookmark and not the
    > associated URL - anything further? Many thanx for posting!

    Wouldn't it be far easier to share your bookmarks electronically?

    --
    Say No to OXML
    http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9594#mpart8
    Email address not monitored - reply to group

  7. Re: bookmarks or favorite places

    to reply to both David and Gordon's posts, it does link to the URL, but
    remember I have rank newbies to work with, and its much easier to say go
    to www.blahblahblah.com - and yes, I am sharing this electronically,
    because my recommends, less the ones which I don't care to share is over
    26 pages of text. I have it now in an excel spreadsheet, and when I
    email that, they will have the link to explore. thanks for posting and
    all - I just wanted to let the developers know that there might be a
    need for a book mark listing.

    P D Sterling wrote:
    > Ah, good start, but it only lists the name of the bookmark and not the
    > associated URL - anything further? Many thanx for posting!
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > P D Sterling
    > New York, Texas & Texas, New York
    >

    > Gordon wrote:
    >> P D Sterling wrote:
    >>> I am having a problem locating the file which houses my favorites. I
    >>> promised the computer club that I would share my favorites at the
    >>> next meeting, and I was hoping to find a file, copy it to a tempfile,
    >>> edit it, and print it.
    >>>
    >>> Can anybody suggest a way to do this? I tried searching for Bookmark
    >>> and for Favorite, and did not find a file this way - I recall having
    >>> the same trouble finding my .mab file.
    >>>
    >>> Any advice will be gratefully appreciated.

    >> Bookmarks-Organize Bookmarks then File-Export.....

  8. Re: bookmarks or favorite places

    P D Sterling wrote:
    > Ah, good start, but it only lists the name of the bookmark and not the
    > associated URL - anything further? Many thanx for posting!
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > P D Sterling
    > New York, Texas & Texas, New York

    Easiest just to track down bookmarks.html but.. if you happen to have
    the "hrefs as link text" bookmarklet saved as a bookmark
    (https://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/pagelinks.html), then you could
    just open the exported page in FF, click on the "hrefs as link text"
    bookmark, and it transforms all the bookmark names to their associated
    underlying links. Then just copy & paste into a doc.

    W4tch3r <..>

+ Reply to Thread