Problems starting firefox - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Problems starting firefox - Mozilla ; Sometime when I start firebox it will not start up but it will start a process of firefox.exe under taskmanager. I cannot then end this process and when I try to restart another firefox i get the following message Firefox ...

  1. Problems starting firefox

    Sometime when I start firebox it will not start up but it will start a
    process of firefox.exe under taskmanager. I cannot then end this process
    and when I try to restart another firefox i get the following message

    Firefox is already running,but not responding. To open a new window, you
    must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system.

    If I try to end the process using taskmanager it will not end the process.
    I am running windows vista business edition.

    Tasman

  2. Re: Problems starting firefox

    Tasman Simkins schrieb:
    > Sometime when I start firebox it will not start up but it will start a
    > process of firefox.exe under taskmanager. I cannot then end this
    > process and when I try to restart another firefox i get the following
    > message
    >
    > Firefox is already running,but not responding. To open a new window,
    > you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system.
    >
    > If I try to end the process using taskmanager it will not end the
    > process. I am running windows vista business edition.
    >
    > Tasman

    So you do right klick on firefox.exe and klick on kill process and
    nothing happens? Am I right? It works on Windows XP SP2 fine. Maybe you
    use Vista 64bit. I think it isn't supported yet. Or you have to download
    other version of firefox. It could be broken by downloading or the
    installation has problems.

  3. Re: Problems starting firefox

    On Jan 7, 12:08 pm, Spiderman wrote:
    > Tasman Simkins schrieb:> Sometime when I start firebox it will not start up but it will start a
    > > process of firefox.exe under taskmanager. I cannot then end this
    > > process and when I try to restart another firefox i get the following
    > > message

    > > Firefox is already running,but not responding. To open a new window,
    > > you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system.

    > > If I try to end the process using taskmanager it will not end the
    > > process. I am running windows vista business edition.

    > > Tasman

    > So you do right klick on firefox.exe and klick on kill process and
    > nothing happens? Am I right? It works on Windows XP SP2 fine. Maybe you
    > use Vista 64bit. I think it isn't supported yet. Or you have to download
    > other version of firefox. It could be broken by downloading or the
    > installation has problems.

    Tasman - I am having exactly the same problems. I'm running Vista Home
    Premium 32 Bit.
    It doesn't happen all the time, just enough to make it really
    irritating.
    You have to restart the machine to get rid of it, which is a real
    pain.
    I'm now considering whether to go back and start using Windows
    Explorer again.

  4. Re: Problems starting firefox

    On Jan 7, 5:50*pm, provi...@googlemail.com wrote:
    > On Jan 7, 12:08 pm, Spiderman wrote:
    >

    > > Tasman Simkins schrieb:> Sometime when I start firebox it will not startup but it will start a
    > > > process of firefox.exe under taskmanager. *I cannot then end this
    > > > process and when I try to restart another firefox i get the following
    > > > message

    > > > Firefox is already running,but not responding. *To open a new window,
    > > > you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system.

    > > > If I try to end the process using taskmanager it will not end the
    > > > process. I am running windows vista business edition.

    > > > Tasman

    > > So you do right klick on firefox.exe and klick on kill process and
    > > nothing happens? Am I right? It works on Windows XP SP2 fine. Maybe you
    > > use Vista 64bit. I think it isn't supported yet. Or you have to download
    > > other version of firefox. It could be broken by downloading or the
    > > installation has problems.

    > Tasman - I am having exactly the same problems. I'm running Vista Home
    > Premium 32 Bit.
    > It doesn't happen all the time, just enough to make it really
    > irritating.
    > You have to restart the machine to get rid of it, which is a real
    > pain.
    > I'm now considering whether to go back and start using Windows
    > Explorer again.- Hide quoted text -

    Same problem here, and its really annoying because my Windows Vista
    takes like 5 minutes to shut down and 5 to start up, so this is taking
    ten minutes out of my life each time it happens. I cant end the
    process, tried a millin times.

+ Reply to Thread