Java general exception error - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Java general exception error - Mozilla ; Dear all, Wish you a happy and prosperous 2008. This is my first post in this mailing list. I am using mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.11 Web Browser to browse a web based API page. Whenever I open the API in Mozilla ...

  1. Java general exception error

    Dear all,

    Wish you a happy and prosperous 2008.
    This is my first post in this mailing list. I am using mozilla Firefox
    2.0.0.11 Web Browser to browse a web based API page.
    Whenever I open the API in Mozilla I am receiving a General Exception
    error. This API browsing through IE works fine without displaying any
    error.
    But on Mozilla I received below errors. I have installed Java 1.4.2_10
    run time environment.
    Java Console error:

    Error-Java
    General exception
    ava.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.util.Hashtable.put(Unknown Source)
    at r001.fm.parts.FullPage.setENVValues(FullPage.java: 1509)
    at r001.fm.parts.FullPage.init(FullPage.java:2149)
    at
    r001.fm.jlxtelecom.GraphicDisplaysPage.init(Graphi cDisplaysPage.java:356)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

    I think the API is trying to connect to Oracle for fetching data, it uses
    JDBC. Is there any JDBC plug-in available for Mozilla firefox?

    Thanks and Regards...
    --
    Rakesh P. Zingade
    +919420357790

  2. Re: Java general exception error

    On 2/1/2008 6:34, rakesh zingade wrote:

    > Dear all,
    >
    > Wish you a happy and prosperous 2008.
    > This is my first post in this mailing list. I am using mozilla Firefox
    > 2.0.0.11 Web Browser to browse a web based API page.
    > Whenever I open the API in Mozilla I am receiving a General Exception
    > error. This API browsing through IE works fine without displaying any
    > error.
    > But on Mozilla I received below errors. I have installed Java 1.4.2_10
    > run time environment.
    > Java Console error:
    >
    > Error-Java
    > General exception
    > ava.lang.NullPointerException
    > at java.util.Hashtable.put(Unknown Source)
    > at r001.fm.parts.FullPage.setENVValues(FullPage.java: 1509)
    > at r001.fm.parts.FullPage.init(FullPage.java:2149)
    > at
    > r001.fm.jlxtelecom.GraphicDisplaysPage.init(Graphi cDisplaysPage.java:356)
    > at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source)
    > at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    >
    > I think the API is trying to connect to Oracle for fetching data, it uses
    > JDBC. Is there any JDBC plug-in available for Mozilla firefox?
    >
    > Thanks and Regards...

    Your Java is quite out-of-date, so try updating it to see if that fixes
    the problem.

    --
    John Liebson

+ Reply to Thread