Firefox 2.0.0.11 Will Not Install. - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox 2.0.0.11 Will Not Install. - Mozilla ; Hi..When I got notification of version 2.0.0.11 being available ..I did what I had been previously told ..I refused the update but went to the Firefox site and downloaded the version 2.0.0.11...... I then tryed installing it....What am I doing ...

  1. Firefox 2.0.0.11 Will Not Install.

    Hi..When I got notification of version 2.0.0.11 being available ..I did what
    I had been previously told ..I refused the update but went to the Firefox
    site and downloaded the version 2.0.0.11......
    I then tryed installing it....What am I doing wrong ? It started installing
    and stopped and now I have no search engine...Is it something I did on a
    recent Reinstall of XP cause heres what I get in the panel that
    appears..........
    Windows Cannot Access the specified device,path,or file.You may not have the
    appropriate permission to access the item.....

    Is there anybody that can advise me in simple terms how to get Firefox
    installed ...surely I am not the only one this is happening to..Thanks HK.

  2. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.11 Will Not Install.

    Hairy.Kiore wrote:
    > Hi..When I got notification of version 2.0.0.11 being available ..I did what
    > I had been previously told ..I refused the update but went to the Firefox
    > site and downloaded the version 2.0.0.11......
    > I then tryed installing it....What am I doing wrong ? It started installing
    > and stopped and now I have no search engine...Is it something I did on a
    > recent Reinstall of XP cause heres what I get in the panel that
    > appears..........
    > Windows Cannot Access the specified device,path,or file.You may not have the
    > appropriate permission to access the item.....

    Did you try to install using the administrator accout or a normal user
    account? Normal user account might not have required permissions to do
    the installation.

    I'm a Linux user, so I don't know more about Windows specific problems,
    but you could try searching from Google using the error message you get.

    --
    Solutions for issues with Firefox:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Issues_%28Firefox%29

  3. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.11 Will Not Install.

    Hairy.Kiore wrote:
    > Hi..When I got notification of version 2.0.0.11 being available ..I did what
    > I had been previously told ..I refused the update but went to the Firefox
    > site and downloaded the version 2.0.0.11......
    > I then tryed installing it....What am I doing wrong ? It started installing
    > and stopped and now I have no search engine...Is it something I did on a
    > recent Reinstall of XP cause heres what I get in the panel that
    > appears..........
    > Windows Cannot Access the specified device,path,or file.You may not have the
    > appropriate permission to access the item.....
    >
    > Is there anybody that can advise me in simple terms how to get Firefox
    > installed ...surely I am not the only one this is happening to..Thanks HK.

    First, make sure you have Admin privileges. Then UNINSTALL the earlier
    version. Turn off AV and Firewall programs. (unplug from the internet
    if you are concerned about a short time with no firewall). Then try the
    install.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

+ Reply to Thread