Update knocked out DOM Inspector - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Update knocked out DOM Inspector - Mozilla ; Can't be sure which of the latter updates did it...I *think* DOM Inspector was still there after updating to 2.xx.10 though that's a guess - I just got 2.xx.11 and that may have been the culprit? Damned annoying when it's ...

  1. Update knocked out DOM Inspector

    Can't be sure which of the latter updates did it...I *think* DOM Inspector
    was still there after updating to 2.xx.10 though that's a guess - I just
    got 2.xx.11 and that may have been the culprit?

    Damned annoying when it's a trial to get it back again, or has it really
    gone??

  2. Re: Update knocked out DOM Inspector

    gollum.greg wrote:
    > Can't be sure which of the latter updates did it...I *think* DOM Inspector
    > was still there after updating to 2.xx.10 though that's a guess - I just
    > got 2.xx.11 and that may have been the culprit?
    >
    > Damned annoying when it's a trial to get it back again, or has it really
    > gone??

    If DOM Inspector is installed in Firefox 2, it is listed among your Extensions
    in the add-ons manager, and (I think) it has a menu entry on the Tools menu.

    If DOM Inspector is really not insalled anymore, reinstall Firefox from
    http://getfirefox.com/ , make sure to select Custom Install, then DOM
    Inspector among the installed components -- or else, install from the archive
    file at the directory matching your platform and language, somewhere under
    http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozi...leases/latest/ -- a .zip
    or .tar.gz install (without .installer. in the archive name) is always a full
    install. In this case you should give the parent of your "firefox" install
    directory as the "unpack to" directory: for instance on Linux,

    tar -zxvC /usr/local -f firefox-2.0.0.11.tar.gz

    to install at /usr/local/firefox/ with the executable at
    /usr/local/firefox/firefox

    Then (in both cases) go to "Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Update", and
    make sure that Firefox "asks you" before installing further upgrades.

    Best regards,
    Tony.
    --
    Nuke the gay, unborn, baby whales for Jesus.

  3. Re: Update knocked out DOM Inspector

    Tony Mechelynck wrote:
    > gollum.greg wrote:
    >> Can't be sure which of the latter updates did it...I *think* DOM
    >> Inspector was still there after updating to 2.xx.10 though that's a
    >> guess - I just got 2.xx.11 and that may have been the culprit?
    >>
    >> Damned annoying when it's a trial to get it back again, or has it
    >> really gone??

    > If DOM Inspector is installed in Firefox 2, it is listed among your
    > Extensions in the add-ons manager, and (I think) it has a menu entry on
    > the Tools menu.
    >
    > If DOM Inspector is really not insalled anymore, reinstall Firefox from
    > http://getfirefox.com/ , make sure to select Custom Install, then DOM
    > Inspector among the installed components -- or else, install from the
    > archive file at the directory matching your platform and language,
    > somewhere under
    > http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozi...leases/latest/ --
    > a .zip or .tar.gz install (without .installer. in the archive name) is
    > always a full install. In this case you should give the parent of your
    > "firefox" install directory as the "unpack to" directory: for instance
    > on Linux,
    >
    > tar -zxvC /usr/local -f firefox-2.0.0.11.tar.gz
    >
    > to install at /usr/local/firefox/ with the executable at
    > /usr/local/firefox/firefox
    >
    > Then (in both cases) go to "Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Update",
    > and make sure that Firefox "asks you" before installing further upgrades.
    >

    > Best regards,
    > Tony.

    It is best to get Firefox from the source: Mozilla. I got mine from
    here: http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozi...efox/releases/

  4. Re: Update knocked out DOM Inspector

    EE wrote:
    > Tony Mechelynck wrote:
    >> gollum.greg wrote:
    >>> Can't be sure which of the latter updates did it...I *think* DOM
    >>> Inspector was still there after updating to 2.xx.10 though that's a
    >>> guess - I just got 2.xx.11 and that may have been the culprit?
    >>>
    >>> Damned annoying when it's a trial to get it back again, or has it
    >>> really gone??

    >> If DOM Inspector is installed in Firefox 2, it is listed among your
    >> Extensions in the add-ons manager, and (I think) it has a menu entry
    >> on the Tools menu.
    >>
    >> If DOM Inspector is really not insalled anymore, reinstall Firefox
    >> from http://getfirefox.com/ , make sure to select Custom Install, then
    >> DOM Inspector among the installed components -- or else, install from
    >> the archive file at the directory matching your platform and language,
    >> somewhere under
    >> http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozi...leases/latest/
    >> -- a .zip or .tar.gz install (without .installer. in the archive name)
    >> is always a full install. In this case you should give the parent of
    >> your "firefox" install directory as the "unpack to" directory: for
    >> instance on Linux,
    >>
    >> tar -zxvC /usr/local -f firefox-2.0.0.11.tar.gz
    >>
    >> to install at /usr/local/firefox/ with the executable at
    >> /usr/local/firefox/firefox
    >>
    >> Then (in both cases) go to "Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced ->
    >> Update", and make sure that Firefox "asks you" before installing
    >> further upgrades.
    >>

    >> Best regards,
    >> Tony.

    > It is best to get Firefox from the source: Mozilla. I got mine from
    > here: http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozi...efox/releases/

    Please check before you criticize. Getfirefox.com redirects to the mozilla.com
    Firefox page, and I'm mentioning releases.mozilla.org further down in my post.
    Both of them _are_ the "Mozilla" source for Firefox.

    Regards,
    Tony.
    --
    A Los Angeles judge ruled that "a citizen may snore with immunity in
    his own home, even though he may be in possession of unusual and

  5. Re: Update knocked out DOM Inspector

    EE wrote:
    > Tony Mechelynck wrote:

    >> If DOM Inspector is really not insalled anymore, reinstall Firefox from
    >> http://getfirefox.com/

    > It is best to get Firefox from the source: Mozilla.

    Lets go over this.

    Again.

    http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...62f6a0689eee6a

    --