Weirdness with 2.0.0.11 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Weirdness with 2.0.0.11 - Mozilla ; Windows 2003 Server x86 SP2 Updated. Restarted, and thought it went through all the rigamarole to update. (something was missing though!) Found out that my gmail extension wasn't opening up gmail when I clicked on it. Tried to reassign to ...

  1. Weirdness with 2.0.0.11

    Windows 2003 Server x86 SP2

    Updated. Restarted, and thought it went through all the rigamarole to
    update. (something was missing though!)
    Found out that my gmail extension wasn't opening up gmail when I clicked on
    it.
    Tried to reassign to middle click, still wouldn't work, thought we might
    have a problem.
    Decided before sticking out my neck here to restart Firefox again.
    Complains that it can't continue the update. Huh?
    I make sure that Firefox isn't running elsewhere.
    Restart Firefox one more time.
    It updates (again?), and I get the missing "Thank you for upgrading" tab.
    I check my gmail extension, and it's working like it should.

    User goes WTH?

    I decide to bring it up, just as a data point. To recap.

    I update Firefox with working gmail extension.
    Restart Firefox and get not working gmail extension.
    Restart Firefox again and get told it can't update.
    Restart Firefox again, finishes the upgrade and gmail extension working as
    it should.

  2. Re: Weirdness with 2.0.0.11

    "Bryan Price" wrote in message news:yYWdnf_edIKjdM3anZ2dnUVZ_rqlnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Windows 2003 Server x86 SP2
    >
    > Updated. Restarted, and thought it went through all the rigamarole to
    > update. (something was missing though!)
    > Found out that my gmail extension wasn't opening up gmail when I clicked on
    > it.
    > Tried to reassign to middle click, still wouldn't work, thought we might
    > have a problem.
    > Decided before sticking out my neck here to restart Firefox again.
    > Complains that it can't continue the update. Huh?
    > I make sure that Firefox isn't running elsewhere.
    > Restart Firefox one more time.
    > It updates (again?), and I get the missing "Thank you for upgrading" tab.
    > I check my gmail extension, and it's working like it should.
    >
    > User goes WTH?
    >
    > I decide to bring it up, just as a data point. To recap.
    >
    > I update Firefox with working gmail extension.
    > Restart Firefox and get not working gmail extension.
    > Restart Firefox again and get told it can't update.
    > Restart Firefox again, finishes the upgrade and gmail extension working as
    > it should.

    Don't know if there is any connection to your problem or not, but several
    authors used to have on their own pages if not at addons. Something to
    the effect as "if the extension fails after installing, to uninstall the extension
    and then to reinstall the extension" before posting comments that the
    extension no longer works. (reinstalling does not affect user options).

    --
    HTH,
    David McRitchie,