Email connection (OE6) with Firefox 2.0 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Email connection (OE6) with Firefox 2.0 - Mozilla ; I just discovered something truly strange under XP SP2. I blew out all email connections (because Outlook 2003 kept hijacking the default mail handler status from OE6), then reinstalled into the Registry with a patch from MS. Well, the hijacking ...

  1. Email connection (OE6) with Firefox 2.0

    I just discovered something truly strange under XP SP2.

    I blew out all email connections (because Outlook 2003 kept hijacking the
    default mail handler status from OE6), then reinstalled into the Registry
    with a patch from MS. Well, the hijacking is gone, I believe.

    But now there seems to be no email link when I try to send a link from
    Firefox 2.0. OE6 functions just fine, otherwise.

    If you have any way around this, I would really appreciate it. I've been
    battling O vs OE for a long, long time now. I would love to close this
    chapter, as you can probably understand.

    --
    Charles Fox
    cafox513@gte.net

  2. Re: Email connection (OE6) with Firefox 2.0

    On 26/11/2007 9:59, Charles Fox wrote:

    > I just discovered something truly strange under XP SP2.
    >
    > I blew out all email connections (because Outlook 2003 kept hijacking the
    > default mail handler status from OE6), then reinstalled into the Registry
    > with a patch from MS. Well, the hijacking is gone, I believe.
    >
    > But now there seems to be no email link when I try to send a link from
    > Firefox 2.0. OE6 functions just fine, otherwise.
    >
    > If you have any way around this, I would really appreciate it. I've been
    > battling O vs OE for a long, long time now. I would love to close this
    > chapter, as you can probably understand.

    Do you actually have an email program set as your default?

    --
    John Liebson

  3. Re: Email connection (OE6) with Firefox 2.0

    John Liebson wrote:
    > On 26/11/2007 9:59, Charles Fox wrote:
    >
    >> I just discovered something truly strange under XP SP2.
    >>
    >> I blew out all email connections (because Outlook 2003 kept hijacking
    >> the default mail handler status from OE6), then reinstalled into the
    >> Registry with a patch from MS. Well, the hijacking is gone, I believe.
    >>
    >> But now there seems to be no email link when I try to send a link from
    >> Firefox 2.0. OE6 functions just fine, otherwise.
    >>
    >> If you have any way around this, I would really appreciate it. I've
    >> been battling O vs OE for a long, long time now. I would love to close
    >> this chapter, as you can probably understand.
    >>

    > Do you actually have an email program set as your default?

    You need to ensure that a default email client is set up.
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Default_mail_client

+ Reply to Thread