alt+tab and Vista - Mozilla

This is a discussion on alt+tab and Vista - Mozilla ; under XP, when I hit alt+tab, the icons for FF windows that showed source code or help or down-them-all and so on would be a different icon that the one used for normal windows. But under Vista, all the FF ...

  1. alt+tab and Vista

    under XP, when I hit alt+tab, the icons for FF windows that showed
    source code or help or down-them-all and so on would be a different icon
    that the one used for normal windows.

    But under Vista, all the FF icons are the same. Can I get Vista to show
    the differfent icons in the way that XP did? Thanks.

  2. Re: alt+tab and Vista

    On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 20:14:45 -0500, in message ,
    Dtrt wrote:

    > under XP, when I hit alt+tab, the icons for FF windows that showed
    > source code or help or down-them-all and so on would be a different icon
    > that the one used for normal windows.
    >
    > But under Vista, all the FF icons are the same. Can I get Vista to show
    > the differfent icons in the way that XP did? Thanks.

    Perhaps you need to put some suitable and appropriately-named icon files
    into "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\chrome\icons\default"

    See http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/tips#app_icon
    and http://iconpacks.mozdev.org/docs/tutorial.html

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

  3. Re: alt+tab and Vista

    On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 20:14:45 -0500, Dtrt wrote:

    > under XP, when I hit alt+tab, the icons for FF windows that showed
    > source code or help or down-them-all and so on would be a different icon
    > that the one used for normal windows.
    >
    > But under Vista, all the FF icons are the same. Can I get Vista to show
    > the differfent icons in the way that XP did? Thanks.

    Here's a theme I often use that has matching program window icons.
    The program window icons can be used without the theme.

    Mostly Crystal theme for Firefox:

    Mostly Crystal - Program-window Icons for Firefox:

    Follow the instructions on the page or the readme with icons.

    --
    Rom

  4. Re: alt+tab and Vista

    > Dtrt wrote:
    >> under XP, when I hit alt+tab, the icons for FF windows that showed
    >> source code or help or down-them-all and so on would be a different icon
    >> that the one used for normal windows.
    >>
    >> But under Vista, all the FF icons are the same. Can I get Vista to show
    >> the differfent icons in the way that XP did? Thanks.

    I am using Vista, if I open another Firefox Window with a different
    active web page, and bring up Firefox Help as well, then use Alt+Tab
    As each item on the system status bar is selected you will see
    in large lettering (centered) above the row of icons
    of the conditionally selected icon the title of the web page
    for that Firefox window and in the case of the Firefox help it shows
    "Mozilla Firefox Help" exactly as it shows in the Vista Window title bar.

    Does that solve your problem. That's about as many Firefox Windows
    as I would have open (though I may have a lot of tabs open)

    BTW, you got me curious, so I looked at Firefox 2.0.0.7 running on
    Windows 2000 and I don't see different Firefox logos.

    --
    HTH,
    David McRitchie,